Real Madrid

Vilarrubi

We are a fucking shambles, pathetic display, pathetic season.

The silver lining here is that the veterans wont be fooling Zidane into thinking they are still good enough for next season with this kind of "effort".

Hope Zidane now knows more than ever that the squad must be overhauled in a big way.

I know people are mentioning the 500m to spend and the whole Madrid squad needing overhauled but can you actually see it happening?

Can't even think of a team who has ever done that over one transfer window, United have been going on about that for years and it never happened.

I can see you buying Hazard, a striker and a midfielder maybe like Ndombele but not much more than that.. then maybe Bale leaving.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Not to irritate local Madridistas but, in your opinion, is this Real's worst ever season? If not, what other year(s) have been as bad or worse?

If you judge solely on points gap then you could arrive at that conclusion, but it doesn't feel like it. The semi-constant limbo of the 00s felt far worse. You could take any year and there would be very, very little redemption in any of them. Even the Liga wins were bittersweet, because of embarrassing Round of 16 CL exits.

This now is what happens when you let the team lose passion for regular Liga fixtures. Only 2 games cost us the whole season this year - the game against Sevilla at Pizjuan and the game against Girona at Bernabeu. If you don't care for losing here and there like that, or if you do and don't have the resilience to push through, you won't have the strength or the skill to pick yourself up after bad runs of results. And that is easily remedied by 1-2 transfer moves that refresh the environment i.e. Vinicius. Prioritising names, fates of particular players and 'loyalty' over a recipe to win is what led to this. It wasn't necessarily a bad choice to check how the likes of Asensio, Benzema, Mariano, Marcelo, Kroos or Ceballos would change this year. It made our direction more clear if anything else. It served its purpose. Hurtful, sure, but you can scarcely expect anything else when adding enough quality via a single transfer costs you 100-200M these days.

I'm sure there is a stat confirming this somewhere but think about it - take away Messi influence on every bit of play you have, and every goal you score, then look at the table again - where do you place? You may say you'd have somebody else to fill the shoes and sure, somebody would try...... We are poor, but things would be a lot closer and this wouldn't even be a debate.

Busy times. Might pop-in again, but if not, congrats on the Liga y'all.

Zidane82

If you judge solely on points gap then you could arrive at that conclusion, but it doesn't feel like it. The semi-constant limbo of the 00s felt far worse. You could take any year and there would be very, very little redemption in any of them. Even the Liga wins were bittersweet, because of embarrassing Round of 16 CL exits.

This now is what happens when you let the team lose passion for regular Liga fixtures. Only 2 games cost us the whole season this year - the game against Sevilla at Pizjuan and the game against Girona at Bernabeu. If you don't care for losing here and there like that, or if you do and don't have the resilience to push through, you won't have the strength or the skill to pick yourself up after bad runs of results. And that is easily remedied by 1-2 transfer moves that refresh the environment i.e. Vinicius. Prioritising names, fates of particular players and 'loyalty' over a recipe to win is what led to this. It wasn't necessarily a bad choice to check how the likes of Asensio, Benzema, Mariano, Marcelo, Kroos or Ceballos would change this year. It made our direction more clear if anything else. It served its purpose. Hurtful, sure, but you can scarcely expect anything else when adding enough quality via a single transfer costs you 100-200M these days.

I'm sure there is a stat confirming this somewhere but think about it - take away Messi influence on every bit of play you have, and every goal you score, then look at the table again - where do you place? You may say you'd have somebody else to fill the shoes and sure, somebody would try...... We are poor, but things would be a lot closer and this wouldn't even be a debate.

Busy times. Might pop-in again, but if not, congrats on the Liga y'all.

That “managing without Messi point” is something I mentioned earlier today somewhere else . I dread to think where we’d be with this manager in control and having to manage without Messi !

Morten

That “managing without Messi point” is something I mentioned earlier today somewhere else . I dread to think where we’d be with this manager in control and having to manage without Messi !

Where you'd we without Messi? Comfortably at the top of the table, much like now.

Morten

Well, thats it guys, time to take a good break from football, cant deal with it anymore.
Will still post here once in a while, but i wont be following the games that much, if at all.

Enjoy your 5th treble or whatever it is now, will win one again soon enough im pretty sure, you always do.

BarcaOG

Banned
Well, thats it guys, time to take a good break from football, cant deal with it anymore.
Will still post here once in a while, but i wont be following the games that much, if at all.

Enjoy your 5th treble or whatever it is now, will win one again soon enough im pretty sure, you always do.

seriously, what do you get out of posting this nonsense every single day? you speak as though barcelona had finally surpassed real in all competitions, which is hardly the case. OK, you had a terrible season, but you still have 4/5 CLs in the last few years. Why are you so negative? Is this your strategy to jinx us?

Morten

seriously, what do you get out of posting this nonsense every single day? you speak as though barcelona had finally surpassed real in all competitions, which is hardly the case. OK, you had a terrible season, but you still have 4/5 CLs in the last few years. Why are you so negative? Is this your strategy to jinx us?

Meh, i've been through bad seasons before, nothing new.
No, this is something different, but im not going to discuss it now.
Lets just say that i've come to certain realizations over the years, and i know more about this than you think i do.

Also, i never jinx, i make predictions, and they are almost always correct.

CatalinR10

sorry man but we are not winning the treble this year

BarcaOG

Banned
Meh, i've been through bad seasons before, nothing new.
No, this is something different, but im not going to discuss it now.
Lets just say that i've come to certain realizations over the years, and i know more about this than you think i do.

Also, i never jinx, i make predictions, and they are almost always correct.

you sound like some conspiracy theorist dude, chill

Home of Barca Fans