Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

We broke our previous record for most goals scored in a season , 109 goals in 34 liga games !! history in the making

It would be a very interesting stat - if someone can provide - how many of the 109 goals were scored on the counter..

Cograts for LaLiga.. I think that Barca is better, but you were for sure more consistent team in the League

B

beautifulgame

Becuase they were simply better team today?

congrats to them for being more consistent this season and winning liga but this is simply not true.

madrid were in the perfect situation coming into this game in that: they are a team that lives and dies on the opportunities for counter-attacks and they just happen to be coming into a game where they knew the other team had to win and come forward.

as a consequence after getting a scavenger goal (which we are to blame for) they felt a bit settled as the game went on. if that play hadn't panned out that way and barca had converted one of their earlier chances it would have been a very different day no? but they didn't and madrid did what they had to do but don't fool yourself into thinking that madrid were just too good.

what i was surprised about was the lineup pep started with but i don't blame coming in pushing full throttle for a goal early since barca have been very disappointing in front of goal lately.

we make these grand conclusions and come up with all encompassing statements quickly forgetting that if the ball moves a few inches one or the other at one part of the game or another then a new set conditions may come to apply.

congrats to beast, raed, wolfe and everyone else. i don't believe there has been a time in madrid's history where so much planning and hardwork went into winning liga for them; they really should be proud of the work put in that respect. ciao.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Congratulations guys...

You did get refs decisions in your favour, we indeed suffered a few times with the decisions going against us... But then it was ultimately still in our hands to tackle those situations. Like we didn't have to lose to Osasuna(not addressing the lack of squad depth is indeed our own fault), we didn't have to fuck up our formation, we didn't have to sign needless players.

And some of the arrogant ones among us did predict you'd lose the match at Camp Nou(like there was no other outcome possible at all from that, crazy fucks :angry:), so ultimately you won't be deserving the league that you'd go on to win eventually... Fair play to Madrid, that didn't happen. But then we didn't deserve to have such huge pressure of being 4 points behind and face a must win situation. But to hell with all that!!

We'll come back stronger than ever, more motivated than ever, with more hunger for glory than ever... For all the plaudits this great team received, they never could come close to what the original dream team had achieved(winning 4 leagues in a row) as this season we never really looked like winning the league. So enjoy when you can, while it's still yours, coz the next time we'll show how it's actually done!!

Last edited:

Richard.H

Not to sound like a pessimist but the noticeable pattern over the last decade in La Liga has been that the team who wins the league trophy goes on to defend it that next year. I only remember Valencia and Real Madrid switching the title back in 02-03 to 03-04. Will be a difficult task for both teams nonetheless.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I think the only shamful thing are the "Barca Fans" in this Forum, because for me they are no real fans! How could you congratulate our greatest rival with such shit players? How could you say, they were better than us and deserved it?? Are you kidding me or have you drunken to much? Sorry but there is no friendship betwenn Barca and Real!
EVEN GUARDIOLA SAID WE WERE THE BETTER TEAM!

And how could you lose to a team with such shit players? Son grow up and get it real, get off your high horse and lose the bitterness. You won't last long in La Liga with this type of attitude and you are most certainly cheering for the wrong team in the wrong century if you act like this. Learn from your fellow cules who have been nothing short of modest and exemplary. We had a ton of stress on this board the last 2 years, it all boils down to a result and we all move on.

Madrid are as good as they are today, come tomorrow, clean slate, and history is nothing but a memory.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Not to sound like a pessimist but the noticeable pattern over the last decade in La Liga has been that the team who wins the league trophy goes on to defend it that next year. I only remember Valencia and Real Madrid switching the title back in 02-03 to 03-04. Will be a difficult task for both teams nonetheless.

EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK! Don't begin jinxing from now... :p

Pepe Silvia

And how could you lose to a team with such shit players? Son grow up and get it real, get off your high horse and lose the bitterness. You won't last long in La Liga with this type of attitude and you are most certainly cheering for the wrong team in the wrong century if you act like this. Learn from your fellow cules who have been nothing short of modest and exemplary. We had a ton of stress on this board the last 2 years, it all boils down to a result and we all move on.Madrid are as good as they are today, come tomorrow, clean slate, and history is nothing but a memory.
i think id have a have a drunken fight w you then be best friends.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
:lol: :lol:

You'd join a long list of close friends I have then. Most of them are Cules, but we are tight. No hate, just a little banter here and there then we would say sorry.

aRegularAce

The refs were shitty at times, but in the end it should all balance out. Madrid were terribly consistent in getting their results, while we struggled so unnecessarily often. In any case barca and real shouldn't rely on the refs. We should be good enough to get results even when things don't go our way. This was probably the most frustrating season of Pep I've seen so far and I hope Pep stops experimenting with those weirdass line-ups. Next season we'll have David Villa back and I hope he'll be a major part of the team again. I can't believe how much we missed him.

Anyway, I hope the team doesn't dwell on too long with this loss. We will be playing Chelsea soon again and we have to get a good result. If the players want to give this season some shine, then beating Chelsea and ultimately winning the CL is a must.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Congratulations, Madridistas! I've been really down today, maybe spoke like 4 words the whole day, but you should give credit when it is due and you deserved the win, so enjoy the trophy guys..just keep it under the bus preferably. we'll give you much more to worry about next season, you can count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans