Real Betis

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The new Benito Villamarin looks much better than Nikken Sekkei's Nou Camp Nou.

real-betis-nuevo-estadio-diseno-confirmado-2023_14_744x403.jpeg

Messi983

Ramon Planes is leaving Betis to join Al Ittihad.

Seriously, besides getting paid I don't understand why a SD would go to SA. Their clubs don't have any sport projects and are just throwing the money around to whoever wants to accept it.

Andresito

Staff member

Seriously, besides getting paid I don't understand why a SD would go to SA. Their clubs don't have any sport projects and are just throwing the money around to whoever wants to accept it.
He'll probably be paid as much as a player in Europe.

I can easily see why a SD who's at Betis goes to SA. Don't think SD's make that much money unless at the biggest clubs with a lot of freedom, so this makes a lot more sense than say a PL player going to SA.

Actually think Planes will have an interesting job. Lots of money to spend in a somewhat of a rebuild phase. Will be difficult to attract the biggest names so I see the point of having an SD to go for other not so obvious targets.

Messi983

He'll probably be paid as much as a player in Europe.

I can easily see why a SD who's at Betis goes to SA. Don't think SD's make that much money unless at the biggest clubs with a lot of freedom, so this makes a lot more sense than say a PL player going to SA.

Actually think Planes will have an interesting job. Lots of money to spend in a somewhat of a rebuild phase. Will be difficult to attract the biggest names so I see the point of having an SD to go for other not so obvious targets.

Ofc I understand his decision from a financial view point.

Probably more and more players, coaches and now also SDs will go to collect money for a year or two and then return to Europe. Also don't blame any of them for doing that.

Don't think it should be really that tough to attract big names when you have unlimited money to spend. But OTOH sheiks are probably the ones who will decide which "aging stars" he should sign. So what will Planes do other than negotiate contracts with players choosen from the people above him? Look to fill out rest of squad with Saudi players?

Tbh he has an eye for talents so could see him lure few South American kids there rather than going to Europe.

I've read few days ago Saudis want to "build up their whole system" and are offering 3-4k monthly wages to players from lower tier European leagues to join clubs in SA 2nd and 3rd division. Not really that much more than average wages in Primera RFEF for example but they might still lure some players there by offering other benefits. Not sure if as a 19 yo kid I would prefer to develop in SA 3rd tier rather than in Primera RFEF though. Quality wise there is still a big difference between those leagues.

And leaving Betis I can also understand. Timing in the middle of January TW is really poor though unless they'll let him do his job until the end of month.

They are still a good team but have to refresh squad in coming years (their situation is nearly not as bad as Sevilla's though) while dealing with restrictive Tebas FFP rules. So going somewhere where he won't have his hands tied is clearly attractive.

Just don't think from a professional standpoint is the right move and he'll probably be back in Europe sooner or later with lot more money on his bank account.

Messi983

Good signings.

FWlMXFHXoAA7HH9

And he's returning to Brazil (Botafogo) for 20m which is the highest fee ever paid by a Brazilian club.

This signing didn't really work out for Betis on the pitch but at least they've made profit on him.

From what I've seen he has shown some flashes of a good player but too inconsistent and has clearly fallen out of favor (although he did start their last three league games) with Pellegrini who prefers Assane Diao. He was linked with a move to PL too but I expect they'll keep him now at least until summer.

Reportedly more moves expected today from Betis. Last week they've also send Borja Iglesias to Leverkusen on loan with buy option so they are looking for a new striker. Seen them linked to Chimy Avila but Osasuna doesn't want to sell and now another name emerged - Patson Daka. We'll see if they can pull that off. Not playing much for Leicester (he has 4 goals and 3 assists in 8 games when he was given a run in the team though) so could maybe sign him on loan with buy option or something.

Messi983

Manuel Ruiz de Lopera, who was Betis' largest shareholder for almost two decades and former president of the club between 1996 and 2006, died today at his home in Seville at the age of 79. Lopera had left the Intensive Care Unit of the Santa Isabel Clinic in Seville a few days ago as a result of digestive problems derived from diverticulitis. At the beginning of January, he had to be hospitalized for the same ailment.

17112377258997.jpg

Messigician

Getting paid

Home of Barca Fans