Rafinha Alcantara

PhilS

Loan Alena, keep Rafinha. Neither will get off the bench much, so this does not matter much. The important thing for the end of the bench players is that they do not cause trouble, and they can be at least OK if they ever have to play. I would be quite pleased with that 22 man squad.

El Flaco

[tw]1034741323260157952[/tw]

Says Rafinha's situation is like this:

- Condition of Betis: they offer €1.5m for loan in addition to paying his salary + a buy option (not mandatory) for €25m at the end of the season
- Condition of Barcelona: they want a mandatory purchase option at the end of the season.
- Rafinha's condition: he's convinced he wants to leave.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
[tw]1034741323260157952[/tw]

Says Rafinha's situation is like this:

- Condition of Betis: they offer €1.5m for loan in addition to paying his salary + a buy option (not mandatory) for €25m at the end of the season
- Condition of Barcelona: they want a mandatory purchase option at the end of the season.
- Rafinha's condition: he's convinced he wants to leave.

The key, if true, is that apparently the club insist on the obligatory purchase option else they will not permit a loan. Again, the board deserves plenty of criticisms in general but in terms of their transfer activity this summer it has been the best I can recall in a long time

DlqxeX2W4AEsvjN.jpg

Raketa10

Only 2 days left, I hope we don't ease up. They need to agree on a mandatory purchase option or there should be no deal.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
How can you sell Mina for over 30 mil but not rafinha? blows my mind.

Mina scored 3 goals in the WC - more than Messi mind you. Rafinha doesn't even get selected to the WC and goes out on a loan with a buy-out clause but doesn't get it activated.

I know it's no fault of Rafinha for either of them but that's the ground reality as to why a player is more attractive in the market!

clemente

Yeah maybe we should sell or loan him actually, we just have way too many midfielders, and Alena with Samper also exist, someone has to go.

God Serena

Yeah maybe we should sell or loan him actually, we just have way too many midfielders, and Alena with Samper also exist, someone has to go.

Samper and Rafinha have exactly 0 interlap as far as positions go. Don't know why people keep saying such ridiculous things. Samper is only capable of playing as a Busquets backup and there's no way Valverde is going to use the hyper offensive Rafinha as a CDM.

clemente

Samper and Rafinha have exactly 0 interlap as far as positions go. Don't know why people keep saying such ridiculous things. Samper is only capable of playing as a Busquets backup and there's no way Valverde is going to use the hyper offensive Rafinha as a CDM.

Samper can also play as CM... And if this is another season of double pivot, then he is also a Rakitic replacement...

Home of Barca Fans