Rafinha Alcantara

PhilS

Betis could really use him, I'd take him at forward over those bumbling "forwards" they played against Levante.

He has really looked good this pre-season for Barca. I'd rather see him be used before Munir or Paco at forward, and before Denis and Alena in midfield. Still, to get significant playing time, he has to move ahead of the likes of Malcolm, Arthur, Roberto and maybe Vidal. For Rafinha's career, it would be better to go to a different team.

I'm a fan of Roberto, but in the offensive midfield positions, I'd take Rafinha over Roberto.

Richard.H

I think it would be best for his career to go to Betis and regular playing time. He won't get nearly enough with EV at the helm.

Raketa10

Denis wants to stay. We cannot force him out.

We have absolutely zero use of him while Rafinha can be useful. Valverde had to tell Denis he doesn’t count in him and he would have left but he didn’t do that. He even used some bullshit “similar profile to Iniesta” comparison while referring to Denis. :facepalm:

Last edited:

GOAT_SUAREZ

We have absolutely zero use of him while Rafinha can be useful. Valverde had to tell Denis he doesn’t count in him and he would have left but he didn’t do that. He even used some bullshit “similar profile to Iniesta” comparison while referring to Denis. :facepalm:

Even if he would tell him, that he would never play, Denis could still decide to stay and collect his checks. Nothing we could do then.

FC433

^
I think the issue is that Rafinha wants to play more often, which we cannot do. It seems that he forced the loan, not Barca.

Raketa10

Until we pay his wages we make the moves. If we don’t sell him this season it’s over since next summer it will be only one year left on his contract. I would’t loan him, either sell or keep him. Loaning him to Betis is plain stupid.

Last edited:

GOAT_SUAREZ

Until we pay his wages we make the moves. If we don’t sell him this season it’s over since next summer it will be only one year left on his contract. I would’t loan him, either sell or keep him. Loaning him to Betis is plain stupid.

not really. We can't force him to sign anything therefore he stays if he wants until the end of his contract. This isn't slavery.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He could have picked bigger club (there must have been offers) but Betis have great fans, club is on uptrend and Andalusia is beautiful.

Raketa10

not really. We can't force him to sign anything therefore he stays if he wants until the end of his contract. This isn't slavery.

I was talking about Rafinha not Denis. And please don’t use that ‘slavery” argument. Majority of footballers today are rich spoiled brats and not slaves.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans