Rafinha Alcantara

Jcar

Are you guys sure that Rafinha doesn't have what it takes to be a starter? There is no way? I believe he has skills, good technique and mentality. Maybe he can still make it as a AM.

If he dont get injuried again, that is.

soul24rage

Are you guys sure that Rafinha doesn't have what it takes to be a starter? There is no way? I believe he has skills, good technique and mentality. Maybe he can still make it as a AM.

If he dont get injuried again, that is.

As a starter for this season? No, because the likes of Rakitic, Busi, Vidal, Coutinho and even Roberto are ahead of him as they have earned EV's trust. I would say that Arthur has more chances of starting than Rafinha because of his unique playstyle and his price tag.

There's also the issue with formation as EV's favorite position a 4-4-2/4-2-3-1. The double pivot would like be used for Rakitic, Busi, Vidal and Arthur while the Right side of midfield we have Malcolm and Dembele. In this formation Rafinha's role would basically be SS/CAM which is where Messi operates.

Maybe in a 4-3-3, he can be used as an right interior of the 2 attacking midfielders which is his best position but I think EV would go with the other options. I think to be a starter for this season, he would have to show more than the other options that I mentioned or the other players would have to lose their form drastically.

He would be a starter in most teams and he's a really good player, but the competition in Barca is really fierce.

Last edited:

Jcar

If he manages to play well, there is no trust that will prevent Rafinha of starting. I believe that Coutinho is going to play as a LW. And Rakitic seems more like a CM to me (he is too cautious)

I think that the team would work better having DM, CM and AM in midfield (not 2 CMs). I believe that Rafinha could get one place for being more agressive ofensively than the others options (Rakitic, Vidal and Arthur), therefore more fitting to the formation.

If Valverde plans the team with Coutinho in midfield, then there is no chance.

I believe that Rakitic and Arthur will dispute who starts as CM with Vidal as an reserve to change the game.

But you guys know Rafinha better than me (I am a Corithians's supporter). Is just a idea... Thats why i am asking. Rakitic may be a "bigger" player than Rafinha today, but the Brazillian could fit better in the starter team.

Edit: Or Rafinha could play alongside with Rakitic while Arthur is the reserve.

Last edited:

Yugi

Well, I have high expectations for him if we don´t sell him. I just hope he doesn´t get injured and gets back to that level where he was before THAT injury, he would be great squad player and I hope he accepts his role as sub. Who knows maybe if he plays really good he could be starter.

God Serena

All I know for sure is Valverde is apparently enchanted by his play and I'm seeing close to no rumors about him leaving. Doesn't seem like he's likely at all to go anywhere, and I personally think that's fine.

Devils

I'm all for giving him a chance after his fantastic pre-season, but if he has another injury ridden season, just ship him out.

Home of Barca Fans