Rafinha Alcantara

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He isn't Thiago. Rafinha is a hard worker, but he won't become anything more than a rotation option, but problem with even that is that he's so injury prone. Roberto a better midfielder. Rafinha is not the fastest player, not very creative or got size on him.

Even if he stays, he doesn't have a long-term future at the club IMO and will more likely get surpassed by someone like Alena in a season or two.

If we can manage to get 30m for him, then I'd absolutely sell. When it comes to Arda and Gomes then I'd obviously sell them too without a shred of doubt.

If we can get close to what we paid for Gomes then sell him. As for Arda then try to sell him to the highest bidder.

It will be a crime to sell Rafinha even for 30m if any of Arda, Denis or Gomes stay.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
If Liverpool are offering 20mil, they could just be lowering his price cause they want him included in the Coutinho deal.

I say we tell em we can give them Arda for that.

FinBarcelonafan

He's actually a pretty bad backup if you look at his contribution season by season. He spends more time injured each season than our entire starting XI, combined.

That's shocking. I never understood he was out for that long. He has had terrible luck with injuries. At what point it's like Vermaelen, though? He could never stay healthy.

God Serena

That's shocking. I never understood he was out for that long. He has had terrible luck with injuries. At what point it's like Vermaelen, though? He could never stay healthy.

I would probably say he and Vermaelen are in a similar boat, if Rafinha isn't a little worse. All it takes is one bad tackle for him to miss 4-6 months and it's not something that has only happened once.

Messi983

I could see same people that are willing to sell him because he's injury prone blaming "our stupid board for letting him go for only 25M" in 2-3 years if he gets past his injury problems (like his brother seems to) and starts to play on high level in another big club while our midfield continues to struggle.

springfield

I could see same people that are willing to sell him because he's injury prone blaming "our stupid board for letting him go for only 25M" in 2-3 years if he gets past his injury problems (like his brother seems to) and starts to play on high level in another big club while our midfield continues to struggle.

I don't think he will get that good, Thiago always had more potential than Rafinha. I also don't think they need to sell him and the injuries were more bad luck i think. You will not get big cash for him, don't think any team will pay 30M for him. So they better keep him for rotation and backup.

God Serena

Thiago was always seen as a top young talent and Xavi's "heir" if you will. Rafinha is neither of those, and even if he reaches his maximum level isn't likely to ever be better than a backup.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Love Rafinha, but...

Thiago = Steph Curry

Rafinha = Seth Curry

Home of Barca Fans