Rafael Márquez

Messi983

The choosen one to replace Xavi.

For lack of better options I'm fine with that. Give him a year and see how he does and then we should be in a better position to get a more proven coach next year.

Did a good job developing the kids in BA and can continue doing that in the first team. Not like we will be able to spend much this summer so will probably need to integrate more youngsters like Faye and Casado (like the way Rafa used him as inverted FB/DM lately). Might try to use buy option and give a chance to Pau Victor too. At least he's versatile and could maybe have similar impact to Ferran Jutgla few years ago. Can't really be worse than that Portuguese fraud.

That said, still prefer Xavi to stay.

jamrock

I get the feeling gundogan is gonna be pissed if this happens, he definitely didn't come here to help us develop young players, lol.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he is hired it just confirms that Laporta is a hack that was living off Txiki’s work and Cruyff’s advice. Without them he is just a fat Sandro.

Ironically even Ronaldinho was brought to the club by Rosell.

Richard.H

Even ESPN FC (link) just reported that he is the top candidate for the job and could be appointed soon. He is considered a full time replacement for Xavi instead of an interim.

Lads, buckle up. Things not looking so good for the club if he is our only "realistic" candidate for the job :lol:

Messi983

I think he has improved tactically from last season, we'll see how he'll do in the playoffs this year. Winning the league is pretty much impossible now unless Depor will bottle it.

Porque

I'm 95% convinced we are going with Marquez.

All the 2024 contract guys are going (hopefully Joao's x2) while we will try and sell Frenkie, Araujo and Christensen if none renew on wage structure.

These holes will be filled by the B team which Marquez knows, and signings that the manager will not object to unlike Xavi who is very headstrong in recruitment.

That will be the Laporta logic rather than going outside to find the manager.

Home of Barca Fans