Rafa Benitez - The Destroyer of Teams

Blaugrana dude

Its a bit sad to see some Barca fans join in the Benitez hate. I understand such attitudes from Man utd or Everton fans but not from Barca fans. The fact that Rafa led a Liverpool team that bested Barcelona in the Camp Nou I think is proof that Rafa is a coach that deserves respect.

Blaugrana dude

You might think its funny, but its the truth. I was saddened to see Liverpool knock Barcelona out of the CL as they were robbed of the chance to defend the title. And the tie was lost when Barcelona lost at the Camp Nou. Remember Liverpool made it to the finals in that year and also once again defeating Mou's Chelsea on the way. I'm not a Benitez fan, but at the very least he deserves some grudging respect.

Tomchin

I'm watching Inter-Milan now, what a boring game. However, if I see it correctly, Inter are missing 5 regulars: Julio Cesar, Maicon, Samuel, Cambiasso and Milito. What has caused this terrible injury-crisis; is Benitez' training-regime too tough?

You might think its funny, but its the truth. I was saddened to see Liverpool knock Barcelona out of the CL as they were robbed of the chance to defend the title. And the tie was lost when Barcelona lost at the Camp Nou. Remember Liverpool made it to the finals in that year and also once again defeating Mou's Chelsea on the way. I'm not a Benitez fan, but at the very least he deserves some grudging respect.
I doubt a lot of Barca-fans (people who love attacking football) respect Benitez's football-philosophy.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
diego milito was playing until the second half.

but yeh, benitez's football and legacy is absolutely shite. he cant beat a 10 man milan team with that inter squad.

gg rafa. you just lost all of the big games so far in your inter career.

Blaugrana dude

Oh Benitez's football philosophy is boring as hell. Sh*t on stick I believe are the words used to describe it. The "leaving the team bus" in the Camp Nou and Anfield over those two legs was very annoying. But not many teams that park the bus in the Camp Nou can get away with a victory, remember Barcelona technically won the match against Inter. I'm not saying we should worship Benitez, I'm saying that he at least deserves some grudging respect for his achievements.

Richard.H

Its a bit sad to see some Barca fans join in the Benitez hate. I understand such attitudes from Man utd or Everton fans but not from Barca fans. The fact that Rafa led a Liverpool team that bested Barcelona in the Camp Nou I think is proof that Rafa is a coach that deserves respect.

Your case is a bit flawed. I'm not really a Benitez hater (hell I don't even give a crap about him, the only coach I truly hate is Mourinho) but we lost against Liverpool in Camp Nou due to terrible goalkeeping by Valdes.

Blaugrana dude

Your case is a bit flawed. I'm not really a Benitez hater (hell I don't even give a crap about him, the only coach I truly hate is Mourinho) but we lost against Liverpool in Camp Nou due to terrible goalkeeping by Valdes.

Unfortunately Valdez's goalkeeping was not up to standard that day, but not everything should be blamed on him. Benitez did contribute to Liverpool's victory that day with his dull tactics.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
Rafa Benitez's favorite rant

It is obvious that in January we will need something, but for now we need to get a win. Who could arrive in the next transfer window? All the players expect someone of quality to maintain the level of the side, a side that in the past season won a lot and therefore got tired and has struggled to start again.

All Hail Rafa :worthy:

Sergio

Sergison
I never heard Moratti slam his own manager so strongly before;

"I didn't like anything. I can understand losing a derby, but this time I didn't like the approach or the aftermath."

Sounds like Rafa will be lucky to even make it to January to buy some crap players for a fortune.

Beast

The Observer
Indeed Sergio but continue the rant

"I did not like it at all, as we didn't do enough to deserve to win," Moratti said as he left the San Siro. "It seems difficult to move forward playing like this.

"It doesn't seem to me like we suffered against Milan's play. The problem is that we actually didn't play. It's a different thing entirely and much more grave.

"I didn't like anything. One can understand losing a derby, but this time I didn't like the approach or the aftermath. We didn't do enough to think about winning. This won't do at all. It was an ugly game and we did nothing because we became different."

First time to see Moratti lose patience with a manager that quickly needless to say slam him like this

Sergio

Sergison
Indeed, and Gazzetta yesterday asked THE question... no panaton for Rafa? They, or that hack anyway, having doubts he will still be there by christmas.

Home of Barca Fans