Quique Setien

jamrock

We need a find a young coach with bright ideas who has a sense of authority, who that guy is, i have no idea.

That young coach from Germany maybe or the Ajax coach

George_Costanza

We need a find a young coach with bright ideas who has a sense of authority, who that guy is, i have no idea.

That young coach from Germany maybe or the Ajax coach

And how this young coach could implement his ideas if we have untouchable players in this team? None sense!

I want QS to continue until next summer. I don't see how a different coach could implement any changes with this team.

We shouldn't expect much from this season nor next.

JamDav1982

And how this young coach could implement his ideas if we have untouchable players in this team? None sense!

I want QS to continue until next summer. I don't see how a different coach could implement any changes with this team.

We shouldn't expect much from this season nor next.

Setien to continue and be told his remit is to rebuild and the club have his back on every single hard decision would type of direction taken with interest of club... but board and players will see to it that doesnt happen.

At least it allows to clear decks a bit for someone else and begins a rebuild.

But most likely scenario is Messi power play where the blame is focused on board and clud de amigos denial all in press about their influence and remain in position of power.

The board are a lame duck but the trouble is any board who wants to come in will not disrupt the amigos so nothing will change.

fergus90

I long for the day where Barca decides it's probably a good idea to stop employing mid table cattle farmers.

George_Costanza

The board are a lame duck but the trouble is any board who wants to come in will not disrupt the amigos so nothing will change.

By next summer Suarez, Raki (contract exp 2021) and possibly Pique (contract exp 2022) will all leave.

Also, Umtiti, Vidal, Dembele will leave too between now and summer 2021.

So that leaves Messi, Alba, and Busquets from the senior players. The new board and new coach would be able to implement changes by then.

JamDav1982

By next summer Suarez, Raki (contract exp 2021) and possibly Pique (contract exp 2022) will all leave.

Also, Umtiti, Vidal, Dembele will leave to between now and summer 2021.

So that leaves Messi, Alba, and Busquets from the senior players. The new board and new coach would be able to implement changes by then.

Suarez will probably play enough to extend his contract and Pique wont leave in 2021 and club wont force him out.

Can only really see Vidal and Rakitic being gone by 2021 and hopefully sooner.

2022 looks like earliest that old guard will be gone that is far too late.

MTL_Barca

No risk whatsoever, Suarez and Vidal keep starting every game, Griezmann complaining himself back into the starting 11, Puig and Fati benched. We don't move.

Porque

Setien started well but he bent over quicker than I ever seen a manager throw his ideals out of the window. Probably given the ultimatum to stay and keep the status quo or walk. And hey, that is a good paycheck for a man of Setien's age.

JamDav1982

Setien started well but he bent over quicker than I ever seen a manager throw his ideals out of the window. Probably given the ultimatum to stay and keep the status quo or walk. And hey, that is a good paycheck for a man of Setien's age.

Setien tried to implement his style.... old players dont like energetic, quick football and flexed their muscles and that was end of that... back to EV tactics.

He realised what EV realised... there is no flexibility, the team is built for individuals and not as a unit and that is only way to win if dont want to start a battle with players that is sure to lose.

mc_lovin

I still have nightmares from that 3-4-3 at the beginning ;D I wouldnt say he started well at all.

Porque

I still have nightmares from that 3-4-3 at the beginning ;D I wouldnt say he started well at all.

You didn't like Ansu on the right and Sergi Roberto in a back 3? :D

Actually was more thinking along the games like CDR versus Bilbao where we played a seriously good game apart from the absolute gung-ho idea that MaTS should pass it out of defence on every pass. Shame we lost as it really set the tone and direction for moving back to the status quo.

Home of Barca Fans