Quique Setien

i_bleed_blaugrana

Do we know if the players are still training with the Corona panic?

I hate to say this in these trying times but this is a great blessing in disguise for us. Gives QS more time to train the squad, improve fitness levels, iron out tactical kinks and help this team get more on the same page with him. This could be a mini pre-season for us right now and could dramatically improve our quality for the run in of the season, provided competitions resume at the beginning of April.

Anyone else seeing this opportunity?

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=10166]i_bleed_blaugrana[/MENTION]

La Masia suspended training for 2 weeks. Imagine the seniors will stop eventually as well whenever the rate of cases climbs to silly levels in Spain.

Porque

[MENTION=10166]i_bleed_blaugrana[/MENTION]

La Masia suspended training for 2 weeks. Imagine the seniors will stop eventually as well whenever the rate of cases climbs to silly levels in Spain.

Stop? They haven't started all season.

:valverde:

serghei

AM was very un-intimidated by Liverpool. It was an even playing ground in terms of mentality and physicality. Liverpool did not want it more than AM, did not work harder than AM, were not more physically impressive than AM, and sure as hell didn't bully AM in terms of attitude.

This gave AM chances to punish Liverpool for their mistakes, and they took them expertly.

I don't buy this luck thing. All of Liverpool fans wanted to avoid AM because AM is a bulldog team that doesn't back away from a fight. They even like dog fights like this. Very very tough team to handle in knockout competitions.

Vilarrubi

AM was very un-intimidated by Liverpool. It was an even playing ground in terms of mentality and physicality. Liverpool did not want it more than AM, did not work harder than AM, were not more physically impressive than AM, and sure as hell didn't bully AM in terms of attitude.

This gave AM chances to punish Liverpool for their mistakes, and they took them expertly.

I don't buy this luck thing. All of Liverpool fans wanted to avoid AM because AM is a bulldog team that doesn't back away from a fight. They even like dog fights like this. Very very tough team to handle in knockout competitions.

Exactly. People saying it was luck don’t realise, that’s exactly how Simeone planned it. Watched Trippier’s interview after and he said they knew exactly how Liverpool would play with the press and constant attack but they just needed to keep their shape and frustrate Liverpool, which they did and after 90 mins only let 1 in, instead of 4 like us :crbust: nothing lucky about it imo. Simeone knew, set the team up the only way they could to advance and it worked. Unlike Valverde who suddenly decided we’re a side which defends leads and handles pressure well *cough* Roma.

Interview is here, gives a good insight into a Simeone team:

[youtube]9YEB6dTwOGo[/youtube]

serghei

Exactly. People saying it was luck don’t realise, that’s exactly how Simeone planned it. Watched Trippier’s interview after and he said they knew exactly how Liverpool would play with the press and constant attack but they just needed to keep their shape and frustrate Liverpool, which they did and after 90 mins only let 1 in, instead of 4 like us :crbust: nothing lucky about it imo. Simeone knew, set the team up the only way they could to advance and it worked. Unlike Valverde who suddenly decided we’re a side which defends leads and handles pressure well *cough* Roma.

Interview is here, gives a good insight into a Simeone team:

[youtube]9YEB6dTwOGo[/youtube]

Yea, of course their plan would have been very tough to implement without a world class keeper having a great day, but Oblak could've had the game of his life, if AM don't go into the game full of confidence and acting like warriors, they lose easily. The motivational and tactical aspect were nailed by Simeone.

Xaviniesta

lmao atletico was 100% lucky to reach extra time. same as chelsea in 2012 when they drew vs us. liverpool just missed easy chances and they know they should have scored the 2nd before extra time. atletico showed nothing that resembled warrior mentality in those 90 minutes

how anyone can call them warriors is beyond me. they collapse at the sight of one diva in the name of ronaldo

George_Costanza

lmao atletico was 100% lucky to reach extra time. same as chelsea in 2012 when they drew vs us. liverpool just missed easy chances and they know they should have scored the 2nd before extra time. atletico showed nothing that resembled warrior mentality in those 90 minutes

how anyone can call them warriors is beyond me. they collapse at the sight of one diva in the name of ronaldo

It's similar to the UCL game we played against them at Camp Nou. Liverpool were unlucky not to score at least 2 or 3 goals against us.

El Gato

Villarato!

You seem to not know a value of a good gamble and resorting to just talking pure bollocks about their mindset. Get a grip bro.

serghei

Of course they were lucky. But you can be lucky and lose if you don't show the right qualities to seize the moment. Atletico were never good enough to beat Liverpool if Liverpool don't make mistakes and play at their best. But guess what, Liverpool crumbled under pressure. And when it was time to punish Liverpool for their mistakes, they did not hesitate and delivered the kill.

It was the same with Chelsea in 2012 on Camp Nou. Yes, they were lucky (even more so than Atletico), but it is also true that when Ramires and Torres had chances, they just executed us with cold blood. Without those qualities they never make the most out of their luck.

So, you can be lucky, but if you don't show the guts to make the most out of your luck, you still lose.

Home of Barca Fans