Quique Setien

Marshall D Teach

Some were of the opinion that the players are fine and it was just a manager problem, I think it was a manager AND player problem

Even pep couldn’t win cl with this current team

There are things a good manager can and will do about a player problem. Valverde wasn't doing any of those things.

Vilarrubi

Who knows how Setien will be....

One things for sure though, [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] would rather Setien fail so he can write essays on here about how he was right all along rather than Setien be a success for Barca and admit being wrong.

KingLeo10

If the players are so bad and it's all inevitable, just start following another club. Why torture yourself? I don't understand the logic.

Xaviniesta

Who knows how Setien will be....

One things for sure though, [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] would rather Setien fail so he can write essays on here about how he was right all along rather than Setien be a success for Barca and admit being wrong.

Watch him do a 180° when setien keeps Rakitic as a starter

FCBfan22

BBZ already starting the agenda aginst Setien, before he even entered Barca's training facilities.

Not saying that he is wrong/right, just that we should wait at least a month.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Defensively, with Suarez out at least he doesn’t have to defend with 8 men. Move Messi to the middle, Griezmann to the right and he can perhaps play Firbo/Semedo at LB and move Alba forward.

Vilarrubi

Remember when Busi gifted Setien his shirt and signed it after Betis dominated us and beat us at Camp Nou.

Ahhhhhhh shit. Quique GOATien.

img_jbatalla_20181112-000725_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_setienbusi-kOTC-U452860573393yaE-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.PNG

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Some were of the opinion that the players are fine and it was just a manager problem, I think it was a manager AND player problem

Even pep couldn’t win cl with this current team

Could you point to those people?

As far as I know most people realize the squad is flawed and that we need to renew the team, but Valverde's insistence on playing certain players all the time, the style he played football, and the way he got defensive and lacked any solutions when the team were under pressure is a far bigger indictment on him than the team.

The only person who I see claim that certain people believe we can play Barca 2010/11 or 2014/15 Football with this squad is @BBZ8800 who's lying, and keep lying to further his points, and I'm frankly speaking sick of it.

The only thing people here want is:

1. Play better football
2. Not get humiliated at the big stage

Is that too much to ask for? Tell me, do our squad suck so much that they're not able to play good football or compete without getting humiliated in the CL?

Somehow other teams with just as old players and inferior players manage to compete and play better football.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

I will wait to see how will we play an exciting football with a key player who doesn't move off the ball, with Suarez who can't play a simple pass, with Griezz who can't run or dribble, with Dembele who doesn't understand anything about football, Raki who can't play a simple pass, Busi who can't run, Vidal who also can't play a simple pass, Semedo who has never made a pass in the attacking half, Alba who is braindead etc.

The most likely scenario is that we will play like in the 2nd half of Tata's season or like on worst nights under Ernie.

You people are really overrating our players and forgetting how old, mentally and physically drained they are and that they lost motivation in 2011 or in 2015.

I think how the players play is the reflection of how they are trained in the training session. We all saw how FDJ played for Ajax (voted FIFA best midfileder in the world) vs. how he is playing now in Barcelona, Same with Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele...etc.

bismp

Genuinely excited for his press conference and the first few matches.Can’t tell the last time this happened

Devils

From "Valverde will win us the treble and go down as a better manager than Pep" in 2019

To

"We can't play exciting football under Setien with players who are old, can't pass, don't run, and are mentally and physically drained" in 2020

Incredible what difference a single year can make.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

From Valverde "Will win us the treble in 2019 and go down as a better manager than Pep" in 2019

To

"We can't play exciting football under Setien with players who are old, can't pass, don't run, mentally and physically drained and old" in 2020

Incredible what difference a single year can make.

Lad is fuming at EV's disposal to the point where he even let slip the truth about Rakitic not being able to make a simple pass.

Lmao.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Wish him all the best... I'm a little worried at the length of his contract, though... A year or year and a half would have been enough in my opinion...

Let's hope for the best now that the weasel is gone!

Home of Barca Fans