Quique Setien

Gaudi

This style is because of the players we're still insisting on. Players that are slow, not very athletic.

It's 2020 and we're still playing a 4-4-2 with no wingers and no pace up front. Pathetic.

I only partyl agree..yes I would never start Busi-Raki duo..only one can play. But we have plenty of speed in Fati or Dembele (no minding now about him and injuries and all) and we still play like this. I will repeat if Dembele was in PSG and Mbappe again I would almost bet we woulld all call Mbappe a failure while Dembele would look like a real thing.
When I see static play, I don't think our players in the middle needs to run fast but differently. So it's not speed that is my main concern but lack of any movement.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I only partyl agree..yes I would never start Busi-Raki duo..only one can play. But we have plenty of speed in Fati or Dembele (no minding now about him and injuries and all) and we still play like this. I will repeat if Dembele was in PSG and Mbappe again I would almost bet we woulld all call Mbappe a failure while Dembele would look like a real thing.
When I see static play, I don't think our players in the middle needs to run fast but differently. So it's not speed that is my main concern but lack of any movement.

I would play with neither.

El Gato

Villarato!
If I were a Barca fan I'd possibly cut him a bit of slack. It's his 1st half of football in the CL ever. In this circumstance it's more about a reaction to your own mistakes than actually having made them when you've never before prepared a team for a CL tie. Zidane bombed @ Wolfsburg too.

As long as he learns from this and makes some ballsy moves, he's OK.

malvolio

Waiting for the "we played good but some players made mistakes, setien clearly has a plan" brigade.

Bumtien getting outplayed by Gattuso FFS

The Observer

If I were a Barca fan I'd possibly cut him a bit of slack. It's his 1st half of football in the CL ever. In this circumstance it's more about a reaction to your own mistakes than actually having made them when you've never before prepared a team for a CL tie. Zidane bombed @ Wolfsburg too.

As long as he learns from this and makes some ballsy moves, he's OK.

His mistake is trying to bring back a dead style. This style was only really successful with 3 or 4 GOAT players like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Alves playing at the same time in their absolute primes.

This is like LVG's United now and expectedly so. Take out Messi's individual actions and it's literally the same level of play.

Setien is like a random fan of prime Barca who is stuck up in the old times. But the fans wanted this and pretended that we're playing amazing while grinding against Granada at home so it's all well deserved really.

KingLeo10

Fraud got saved by Arthur. Don't make the same mistake twice.

Still looking for the two Raki lovers [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23192]Messigician[/MENTION].

aragorn

Looks like this guy is no better than the stupid EV! Why start Rakishit? Why not go for the kill when Napoli were down in confidence after they just lost the lead? Why keep the stupid hot head Vidal ass on the pitch and take Griez out for Fati!?

kattanib

Waiting for the "we played good but some players made mistakes, setien clearly has a plan" brigade.

Bumtien getting outplayed by Gattuso FFS

This how i feel honestly and I am so proud of the players and of Setien. They have put an effort and that is the only thing I personally ask, result follows. We are missing Suarez and Alba, and our midfield is old .. I am happy as long as the lads keep on fighting

Givenchy

had the board actually sacked Valverde's sorry ass after Anfield and given this guy pre-season plus a say on transfers.. maybe just maybe we wouldn't end up having to play Rakitic and the other shitters

shadows

I sometimes wonder if he picks the 11 or Bartro or the players pick themselves and he just presides over the disaster that follows... Absolutely no excuse starting Rakitic and Busquets after years of humiliation in the UCL... and the first half was more like the Valverde master class expected

Home of Barca Fans