Qatar FC

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Don’t bother Newcomer, tuchel plays the style these guys like and has a Dortmund background, another strange obsession of this forum. He will be given every excuse out there.

Newcomer

"How to explain the lack of connection between the attackers this evening? I don't (can't) explain it, that's how it is. We have to accept, that's how it is. In a few games, it's hard to decide things. We have a lost game, but it's not the end. "

My biggest critic about him is the fact the players can't play with each other and he is saying he can't explay why there is no connection. That is how it is. Isn't this straight from the Valverde book ?

El Gato

Villarato!
I never really assessed Tuchel's know-how enough, but it's very odd to constantly read this subtle vitriol seeping from his words. While I understand the world reacts to PSG in a certain way which is often unfair from sport perspective, he's so often coming across either uninspirational, defensive and without ability to defuse a problematic situation. An uptight mofo who thinks he's misunderstood by either players, fans, board or anyone else.

PSG should bring someone like Carlo in again. Hell, if Benitez wasn't just a fat Spanish waiter at this stage he'd be a better fit for this locker room that's obviously full of talent, but with large mental blocks. They need someone who tells them to relax before the CL and someone who they'll believe when they say it.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Pogba is a defensive midfielder. An offensive minded one but he is a defensive midfielder. It is where he is played for national team and MU. Sort of a Yaya Touré.

I don't care if Gueye or Paredes are highly rated or not. I'm saying they have cost a lot and one is not even in the group while the other is shit. Paredes has cost more than Fabinho. More than Casemiro. More than Valverde (Real Madrid). More than Arthur. More than Witsel. More than Can. You can't cry about FFP when you spend nearly 50 M on a guy who can't make the group.

No he isnt and has not been for Man Utd.

They have occassionaly played him deeper where he has tried to dictate more and failed but never a role as a 'defensive midfielder'

The defensive role of Yaya under Pep Pogba has never played he has been closer to the offensive Yaya at City.

Sterlingfan2000

Same way Tuchel has been carried by Neymar. The latter is in terrible form and couldn't be arsed today, thus no saving grace for the german fraud.

Then get a coach from ur farmers , bullshit league and go out on group stages.

PSG can get the best coaches and still they won't win CL .

Richard.H

[MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION] I seriously think your players just don’t have the best chemistry and they’re not professionals (i.e. going to parties, out late, etc)

You can still win farmers league this way but the competition is just too high in the CL. I think only Pep might be able to save your team.

Sterlingfan2000

[MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION] I seriously think your players just don’t have the best chemistry and they’re not professionals (i.e. going to parties, out late, etc)

You can still win farmers league this way but the competition is just too high in the CL. I think only Pep might be able to save your team.

Pep would fire half of their team.

Look at Mbappe , getting substitute and then fighting with Tuchel for 30 Minutes why he got subbed .

Meanwhile kimbebe Brother calling Tuchel some ugly words on Social Media

The club is doomed

ASordidGod

I don't watch Mbappe week in week out, so can't say definitively that he'll never be worth (in purely footballing terms) 250 mill or whatever, but right now he's not imo, and nor is Neymar, at least on last night's evidence. So yeah, I tend to agree that the money tied up in those two, and ignoring for one moment Psg's nightmare transfer policy in recent years, could be better spent, or at least more effectively spent.

Like I say, I don't watch them regularly, but as a team (and maybe they'll prove me wrong) they look miles off the champions league. They've had the same bang average full backs for what seems an eternity, their best def is old and their only other good one often plays def mid (and the money spent on that Keher and Diallo, wtf?), they've stockpiled dross in midfield while failing to replace Motta\complement Veratti, and now put Mbappe up front while a pudgy Neymar sits deep and fails to take advantage of the other's only stand out attribute, his pace.

Overall it's all a bit of a fiasco, but unlike most on here I take no pleasure from this and am merely disappointed from an aesthetic perspective, in that the more good footballing teams the better imo. Hopefully Psg will improve at home. Hopefully a different formation too, because my god when your only width is Kurzawa and Meunier, and you've got freaking Gueye in mid and a spoilt kid failing to link the play in any meaningful way (though nice assist; which is doubly annoying in a way because it was so easy, Dortmund themselves being joke bad defensively, so why play so passively, so negatively?), you're in trouble.

Ps - I am aware they don't normally play 343, so maybe Tuchel just bottled it and will rectify his mistake, we shall see. Either way the squad is still horribly unbalanced, and if it was Leonardo was responsible for recent recruitment he needs to go the way of that comically inept director whose name escapes me.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Thomas Meunier: "I did not know that I was suspended in the event of a yellow card. If I had been told, I would not have made this mistake." What the heck :lol:

Regarding Mbappe: he will get his goals anywhere, but hes hardly an inspiring player.

Devils

The French league will never prepare you for the intensity of the CL, especially if you are so far ahead of the competition in the league like PSG are and can basically win the league on cruise control.

Yes, individual quality and good performances due to management will win you games. But in terms of preparation, the teams who play in the Top 4 leagues are much better prepared for this competition than PSG.

FinBarcelonafan

The French league will never prepare you for the intensity of the CL, especially if you are so far ahead of the competition in the league like PSG are and can basically win the league on cruise control.

Yes, individual quality and good performances due to management will win you games. But in terms of preparation, the teams who play in the Top 4 leagues are much better prepared for this competition than PSG.

True. That's why I prefer strong Barca and Madrids. Keeps us all better compared to other leagues.

Newcomer

Then get a coach from ur farmers , bullshit league and go out on group stages.

PSG can get the best coaches and still they won't win CL .

Funny thing is the coach from our farmer bullshit league, Laurent Blanc, had better result than Emery and Tuchel. Both in CL and in domestic competitions. He even managed to qualify in a return leg at Chelsea ground while playing most of the game 10 vs 11. Quite the reversal of what Tuchel achieved last year against MU.

I'm certainly not a Blanc fan but the promising coaches from other top leagues (Tuchel and Emery) didn't really show anything better.

Last edited:

Newcomer

I won't refute this but this is still not an excuse for Tuchel. Even in L1, he doesn't even try to play cohesive, collective football. It is his work, he should be able to implement that. How is Ajax able to play cohesive football and keep their ideas in CL while playing in a far worse league ?
Why is Tuchel making a U-turn in his philosophy because he is scared of Dortmund and put up a system that doesn't even suit the individual quality (the only thing he is relying on to win game) of his players ?

If any of you speak french, you'll see i'm not the only one having that sentiment about Tuchel. And it is not a knee jerk reaction either because i was calling him out even when we were cruising the group stage on top of Real Madrid.

Newcomer

No he isnt and has not been for Man Utd.

They have occassionaly played him deeper where he has tried to dictate more and failed but never a role as a 'defensive midfielder'

The defensive role of Yaya under Pep Pogba has never played he has been closer to the offensive Yaya at City.

This is why i wrote for national team and MU. Used as sort of defensive midfield for national team and a mix of 8/10 for MU. Maybe it is a misuse of language but i call the 3 players in that midfield "defensive midfielders". I guess central midfielder will suit your idea better.

Newcomer

Thomas Meunier: "I did not know that I was suspended in the event of a yellow card. If I had been told, I would not have made this mistake." What the heck :lol:

Regarding Mbappe: he will get his goals anywhere, but hes hardly an inspiring player.
Amateurism.

Home of Barca Fans