Qatar FC

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
[MENTION=19661]Jair Ventura[/MENTION],

Do you have a reddit account? If not, there's someone on r/soccer impersonating you as a Botafogo fan.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
it's his account. I think I found a bunch of people from here on r/soccer already.

We had issues previously with people posing on Reddit as users from here and stealing posts from the forum to pass of as their own as well. Botafogo is JV's local club so it could be him, which is why I asked.

kollegah

People here are too obsessed with PSG.
Be calm guys, they are still a second tier team in Europe with Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve and ATM ahead of them.

The chances of them winning the CL in near future (1-3 years) are very slim (def. not as big as ours as some people think).

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Do you seriously think that they're still the same team as they were before? Adding Mbappe, Neymar, and Alves completely changes the identity of their team. Not only their quality on paper but their direction of play, attacking style, ability to centralize around a legitimately generational player in Neymar. They need to prove they mesh to the level that their roster is expected to in the CL, but it's already a fact that they're a much better team than they were last season (who was a fairly lucky comeback away from knocking us out of Europe).

Neymar, Cavani, Mbappe, Alves, Verratti, and Thiago Silva are all world class and all but maybe Thiago Silva and Mbappe are top 5 in the world in their position. Mbappe based on form is probably a top 5 striker in Europe, he's certainly been doing better than Suarez for a while now and can seemingly score against anyone. He's the best young player in the world and will only get better as he's still fricking 18. Neymar is still the 2nd best player in the world all things considered. The combination of those two alone is already a very powerful force, now add in a hardened champion in Alves who is playing as well as ever and a brilliant midfielder in Verratti and many other great supporting players and you have a team that is on paper already much stronger than Juve/ATM and comparable on the level to Bayern or Barca. I wouldn't even be surprised if they beat Bayern as the Germans have been falling down for around a season now with aging core players and an unsuccessful system under Ancelotti. QSG's best player is better than Bayern's best player for sure, and their top 5 is comparable or greater than the Germans. Their collective play might not be as great but Bayern are not impressive right now as a collective anyway so it's possible the individual quality can stand out. Bayern have been getting dicked by far worse players than Neymar and far worse teams than PSG, there's no possible way to suggest that the Parisians can't do it themselves.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't win the CL this season, but by next season or two seasons from now I expect them to be really fighting for that title. They spent half a billion in one fucking summer to make a CL quarter/semifinal caliber team into a champion, and they spent it on exactly the right players they needed to get CL challenging power. The players that lead their team now are true champions who shine on the big stage and show up to win major trophies: Alves and Neymar, Mbappe seems to have the champions mentality in him even without any titles yet. That pushes them away from being the mentally fragile team that they were before.

I hate them as much as any Cule here, but you have to open your damn eyes and be realistic that making good investments with 500M euros in 1 summer can and probably will elevate them to a CL winning team.

khaled_a_d

Do you seriously think that they're still the same team as they were before? Adding Mbappe, Neymar, and Alves completely changes the identity of their team. Not only their quality on paper but their direction of play, attacking style, ability to centralize around a legitimately generational player in Neymar. They need to prove they mesh to the level that their roster is expected to in the CL, but it's already a fact that they're a much better team than they were last season (who was a fairly lucky comeback away from knocking us out of Europe).

Neymar, Cavani, Mbappe, Alves, Verratti, and Thiago Silva are all world class and all but maybe Thiago Silva and Mbappe are top 5 in the world in their position. Mbappe based on form is probably a top 5 striker in Europe, he's certainly been doing better than Suarez for a while now and can seemingly score against anyone. He's the best young player in the world and will only get better as he's still fricking 18. Neymar is still the 2nd best player in the world all things considered. The combination of those two alone is already a very powerful force, now add in a hardened champion in Alves who is playing as well as ever and a brilliant midfielder in Verratti and many other great supporting players and you have a team that is on paper already much stronger than Juve/ATM and comparable on the level to Bayern or Barca. I wouldn't even be surprised if they beat Bayern as the Germans have been falling down for around a season now with aging core players and an unsuccessful system under Ancelotti. QSG's best player is better than Bayern's best player for sure, and their top 5 is comparable or greater than the Germans. Their collective play might not be as great but Bayern are not impressive right now as a collective anyway so it's possible the individual quality can stand out. Bayern have been getting dicked by far worse players than Neymar and far worse teams than PSG, there's no possible way to suggest that the Parisians can't do it themselves.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't win the CL this season, but by next season or two seasons from now I expect them to be really fighting for that title. They spent half a billion in one fucking summer to make a CL quarter/semifinal caliber team into a champion, and they spent it on exactly the right players they needed to get CL challenging power. The players that lead their team now are true champions who shine on the big stage and show up to win major trophies: Alves and Neymar, Mbappe seems to have the champions mentality in him even without any titles yet. That pushes them away from being the mentally fragile team that they were before.

I hate them as much as any Cule here, but you have to open your damn eyes and be realistic that making good investments with 500M euros in 1 summer can and probably will elevate them to a CL winning team.

The thing about PSG is they are always playing beyond their abilities, specially in midfield and defense. T.Silva isn't getting any younger and their defense always feel to lack something even with him, Alves can look good on attack or when he is protected but if he is forced to play as RB against tough opponent he is a problem.

More important is their midfield, Verratti and Rabiot are two of my favorite,they are the kind of players you would like to see in your team, that said they have never been consistently dominant in midfield in the higher level. they dominate in one game and get demolished in the other. I don't know what is the reason for that? is it coaching? are they simply overrated or just wrong set up? or were too young and will grow?

They have spent half billion in two summer, the Mpabbe deal will force them to stop spending in one summer whether it is the next or the one after, but tbf while they added elite quality this year but I just feel they added it in the wrong line. I really don't think they were lacking that much in attack.

blackrum

So much is involved in winning the CL, including luck, mentality, timing, and teamwork that individual talent alone is not an exclusively convincing indicator. Going by talent they surely are among the top contenders now, but I doubt that was the problem last season rather than lacking the right mentality. The video where they were talking about the Camp Nou in awe comes to mind, saying they would be happy with losing the game but advancing. Alves as a seasoned winner is a great signing in that regard, Neymar a good one (if arrogance doesn't consume him); Mbappe, at 18, is a different question. And Emery is still Emery. Perhaps the added world-class talent is just so good that it will compensate for any mentality problems or the mental boost from signing Neymar & Mbappe will give them wings, we will see.

I found it interesting how bitter Draxler sounded talking about PSG and Neymar/Mbappe during the international break, and now there seems to be tensions between Neymar and Cavani. We'll see whether these are just starting problems and they'll manage to grow into a great team with good dynamics, or whether we'll have a case of FC Hollywood (Bayern) or Real pre-2014.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
probably not a good idea to link to a vid of Balotelli as an example :lol: but i get your point. didnt Robben and Muller actually physically fight over a freekick or something once?
Madness when players fight over set piece duties lol. Manager should tell them who takes what and that's that.

Jair Ventura

After finalizing moves for Wendel and or Fabinho, selling Cavani, moving Mbappe to the middle and signing Malcom to replace Di Maria at RW are the final moves PSG will need to make before they're ready to win the UCL. I also think they need a new manager but less talented teams have won with less competent managers.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I don't think so. I do understand the patriotic/nationalistic perspective of things explaining why Brazilians follow PSG more than any other foreign teams as when I was young I used to follow TSV Munich 1860 because they had a player from my local team in Beijing. But I couldn't say I was a fan of that team, I did follow them when he was there and occasionally checked on how they were doing after he left. When that player did well for them I was very happy and if TSV 1860 won, I was happy for them but if they lost, it didn't really matter for me.

I mean, I think most fans started following certain foreign club teams and eventually became fans of those teams not because that team had an injection of players from their home country, rather it was the way the team played football or because of certain players that drew their attention, or some moments in history that struck a cord, something that made them fall in love with that particular team. After all, you didn't fall in love with RM because they had players from your country, right?

Having said this my country does not produce top class players so they their players do not influence my liking as their career's progress. However, for Brazilians, they idolize their players who will lead them to World Cup glory, and if PSG is the meduim then for that time period, it is PSG who helped develop their players into World Cup winners.

So for me, no, I did not choose Real because of my own country's tale. I did however pay attention to Real Madrid because of a group of players who admired alot but when they fade away you stick to the club and from there it becomes the club you support and enjoy through thick and thin.

It is a sensitive topic and easy to romanticize about values and branding, etc...but in reality for many, the reasons are different, and it is sometimes as simple as loving the players that make up the team for nationalistic reasons. It is why Galactico policy worked and failed, but brought in so much money and attracted many fans, even when Barca winning smashing Europe.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The thing about PSG is they are always playing beyond their abilities, specially in midfield and defense. T.Silva isn't getting any younger and their defense always feel to lack something even with him, Alves can look good on attack or when he is protected but if he is forced to play as RB against tough opponent he is a problem.

More important is their midfield, Verratti and Rabiot are two of my favorite,they are the kind of players you would like to see in your team, that said they have never been consistently dominant in midfield in the higher level. they dominate in one game and get demolished in the other. I don't know what is the reason for that? is it coaching? are they simply overrated or just wrong set up? or were too young and will grow?

They have spent half billion in two summer, the Mpabbe deal will force them to stop spending in one summer whether it is the next or the one after, but tbf while they added elite quality this year but I just feel they added it in the wrong line. I really don't think they were lacking that much in attack.

I agree that they have their shortcomings and potential key problems that could keep them from winning the title. I'm just saying that they were a pretty good CL quarter/semifinal level team before this summer as is and that the addition of Neymar, Alves, and Mbappe isn't something you can take lightly, not even close.

It's imperative to respect the facts and as much as we hate PSG and want to project this "small club" status onto them, it is a fact that they have added star power to their squad in a way that even both of Floper's Galactico eras couldn't manage to do in any single summer. That changes things BIG time and the PSG of now is significantly different from the team that we beat 6-1.

Home of Barca Fans