Puyol to leave Barca in June

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
crazy...i remember him as a captain a decade ago. He had a decade of the captain armband when he performs on the field, and will give it to abidal out of humbleness in London 3 years ago when we raised the CL trophy. What a legend. watched you in my youth, now watching you leave totally ruins my week.

F

Flavia

1796077_847916841891005_464659991_o.jpg

Gerard Piqué

You were my guardian angel.

The day has arrived. You are leaving. It’s the law of life, but it is tough for me to imagine Barça without you. If I look back and remember Paris or Rome, the first image that comes to my mind is you lifting the European Cup. You gave the honour of lifting the trophy in Wembley to Abi, which just makes you even greater. My generation and those that come after do not know what the club will be like without Puyi in defence branding the captain’s armband and the number 5 on the back of his shirt. I think that nothing will ever be the same.

I met you 6 years ago. You were the captain and the emblem of the team and I was just a kid arriving, set on conquering the world. From day one we had a great relationship, both on and off the field. By your side I felt protected and I knew that if one day I made a mistake you’d always be there to save me. You were my guardian angel.

I know that I will miss our talks in the locker room, your advice and especially you giving us hell on the pitch. You are unique; a one-off. I find it amusing when they talk about signing “the new Puyol”. They can look all they want, but they’ll never find it.

Thanks for everything, Puyi.

adil_909

i genuinely came home and cried when i read this. haven't cried over anything related to barca, or hell over anything in life, in many years. devastated to say the least. puyol...what a legend.

:(

F

forcabarca

I dunno why but my heart feels heavy and I've tears in my eyes. After PEPs departure, I felt the same too. Legend captain .. will miss you in Barça colors.

Take care and succeed in whatever you decide to do next! God bless.

Sent from my Nexus 4

i_bleed_blaugrana

I always had the idea in the back of my mind but now its official: I'm getting an away Puyol jersey this year.

As long as I've watched football, Puyol has always been the captain of Barcelona. Sad day but I'm glad is confirmed. His time was sadly coming, but truly an example of professionalism, not just in football, but in everything he did. He was the perfect captain on and off the pitch, now I just hope he can impart some of his leadership traits on to Pique.

Barca's very own Maldini. Best of luck to him wherever he goes and I hope to see him coaching our team someday

Jelboo

Oh man Pique's message made me tear up. Puyol is undeniably an absolute legend and a hero. I can't find the words, really. What an immense, immense man. The ultimate warrior, the ultimate leader. FC Barcelona will feel so weird without him...

SwiftGuyver

i think everything i am feeling has already been said in this thread but i still have to leave a comment...

- one of the greatest defenders of all time IMO. out of the players i have been lucky enough to watch during my lifetime he is right up there with Maldini, Nesta, Zanetti etc

- heart, courage, leadership, loyalty, strength, skill...he had it all...

FIGHT FOR EVERYTHING. NEVER GIVE UP. BLEED FOR THE SHIRT.

LEGEND.

:wub::puyol::wub:

:thankyou:

:flagvl8:

Home of Barca Fans