Premier League is getting a big financial advantage due to rich TV deal

JamDav1982

I think it will come to a head that big clubs in europe outwith England threaten to set up their own league if UEFA dont put a curb on the spending in England.

The money in England is likely just to get bigger not smaller.

The one advantage is that the money is being spread throughout europe but countries like Spain need to let 16 yr olds sign contracts and scrap the buy out clauses to maximise the money coming from England.

ebc_99

Something like this could happen with other countries eventually. Germany for example are a bigger and richer country than Britain and they love football there, so maybe in the future they could also get similar or even greater deals if fans are willing to pay for it. Italy is comparable in size to Britain and football will probably return to its former glory there when the economy improves, so the potential is there for other countries to grow at a much faster rate than Britain with regards to tv money.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Of course it is a bubble. More and more money involved and every gear has to function for the system to work properly. If one domino piece falls, the whole thing is going to break down.

Alik

You could interpret it is as the players are being bought at ever increasing prices relative to their actual value and that this will not continue forever.

S7_MUFC

You could interpret it is as the players are being bought at ever increasing prices relative to their actual value and that this will not continue forever.
Even if that happens the only thing would be reduction in transfer fees although I can see same thing happening once players realize how the money they should be getting is going to clubs that hold their contracts.

PhilS

RM and Barca still top the total revenue lists. The PL teams are still at a financial disadvantage compared to these two. Barca has and will have enough money to get any player. Among the very best players, what they are looking for is not just money. Neymar is the best player transferred in recent years, and he did not go for the highest offer.

No matter how much money the PL teams can splash around, they can't offer the chances for winning the CL that Barca, RM and Bayern can. I don't think even infinite money will ever get any of the PL clubs to the level of the best teams in the world.

The level of play achieved by some of the other top Liga teams, despite their relatively limited funds, is just incredible. I don't understand how they can do it now, let alone going forwards as every PL team gets mega-rich.

Sterlingfan2000

RM and Barca still top the total revenue lists. The PL teams are still at a financial disadvantage compared to these two. Barca has and will have enough money to get any player. Among the very best players, what they are looking for is not just money. Neymar is the best player transferred in recent years, and he did not go for the highest offer.

No matter how much money the PL teams can splash around, they can't offer the chances for winning the CL that Barca, RM and Bayern can. I don't think even infinite money will ever get any of the PL clubs to the level of the best teams in the world.

The level of play achieved by some of the other top Liga teams, despite their relatively limited funds, is just incredible. I don't understand how they can do it now, let alone going forwards as every PL team gets mega-rich.

U dont see the Problem. Real and Barcelona uses alone TV-Marketing Money. The other Teams will get buyed out , so La Liga will be incredible boring. Then the Spanish league will have a Problem because Real and Barcelona always going to win 5:0 or something like that.

The Problem is the smaller Clubs not barca and real because they always will be competive

JamDav1982

Man Utd will top the revenue lists by a distance very soon.

They will have CL money back, hugely increased domsestic tv deal, record shirt sponsors and record shirt manufacturing deals all coming soon.

Jair Ventura

Man Utd will top the revenue lists by a distance very soon.

They will have CL money back, hugely increased domsestic tv deal, record shirt sponsors and record shirt manufacturing deals all coming soon.

But they'll be shit on the pitch, and that's his point. Today you have and spend more than Bayern by some margin and yet the difference in quality and competitiveness between them and yourselves is gaping. And that won't change regardless of how much money you bring in because footballers want to compete at the highest level. Right now, United can't offer that.

khaled_a_d

I think it will come to a head that big clubs in europe outwith England threaten to set up their own league if UEFA dont put a curb on the spending in England.

The money in England is likely just to get bigger not smaller.

The one advantage is that the money is being spread throughout europe but countries like Spain need to let 16 yr olds sign contracts and scrap the buy out clauses to maximise the money coming from England.

I've been saying this for long time now .for Spain to compete they need to be able to retain their young starlets and have fair chance in selling them for the price they want
Look at Martial deal. if he was in Spain his buyout would have never been that high .probably the biggest buyout for any player at his age is Gaya's 50M and even him had 18M buyout b4 his renewal .
Liga clubs won't be able to continue competing against PL in the long term in a totally unfair market like this

raskolnikov

Eventually everything will be turned into educational ground for the epl. Like the Netherlands are currently.
Only a few clubs will survive it (Barca, Real, Psg, Bayern, maybe a few Italian).
After which eventually the European super league will be created, our Eurpean version of the NBA with the cl as its cup tournament.
I honestly believe that will happen within 20 years when the gap gets too big.

RaidersGunz

Madrid and Barca will always rule. The country and lifestyle beat anything Manchester/London can offer.

Plus all the latinos prefer Spain over London lmao.

Jenks

Madrid and Barca will always rule. The country and lifestyle beat anything Manchester/London can offer.

Plus all the latinos prefer Spain over London lmao.

Certainly Manchester is no comparison, but London has far more to offer than Barca or Madrid sans the weather.

ebc_99

London is too big, just like Paris most of it is a dump, Edinburgh is a the Uk's best city in my opinion. With regards to London the best parts are real nice and it offers a lot for a holiday but I wouldn't want to live there. Barcelona has the weather, the beach, beautiful architecture, vibrant and rich culture, wonderful food and nightlife, it is not too big and has beautiful scenery all around. It has everything you could want in a city, and the weather is a huge part of its charm. London and other northern European cities can't compete with that for a lot of people.

Home of Barca Fans