Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

serghei

Globally doesn't count for shit. It's a made up word. Football is not a global sport. It's the biggest sport in Europe and South America. For Asia and US, and Australia, it's not big at all.

What counts is influence in the circles of fans that actually spend time watching the game and commenting about it.

United are big, but comfortably distant compared to the elite clubs. They are somewhat lucky that Serie A clubs have lagged behind in the last decade, because if a club like AC Milan comes back on top, they fall behind top 4 (Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Milan) instantly.

Morten

Supporters are supporters, who cares if they are from Asia, Europe or America.

United and Liverpool being huge is just a fact.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Globally doesn't count for shit. It's a made up word. Football is not a global sport. It's the biggest sport in Europe and South America. For Asia and US, and Australia, it's not big at all.

What counts is influence in the circles of fans that actually spend time watching the game and commenting about it.

United are big, but comfortably distant compared to the elite clubs. They are somewhat lucky that Serie A clubs have lagged behind in the last decade, because if a club like AC Milan comes back on top, they fall behind top 4 (Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Milan) instantly.

You mean like having the biggest football forum in the world?

JamDav1982

Serghie has no clue.

Man Utd have huge global support and are the most backed club in by far the most consumed league world wide.

But.. not many Man U strips in Romania..

Their worldwide support would dwarf likes of Milan and Bayern. Only Barca/Real are up there with Man Utd on that front.

fergus90

Asia, Australia... come on, really?

Football is huge in fucking Europe and South America. They don't count much in these areas outside England.
But 1/4 of the worlds population is from Asia. That’s where the clubs know they can generate revenue.

No disrespect but there’s a reason why these clubs pre season tour in Japan, Australia etc and not Brazil.

serghei

OK, now I'm arguing against globalization.

I'll stop here.

Europe and South American are the so-called football continents. Together they amass over most of what the sport is about. Maybe some day it will change, but until then... can't do much about it.

In the avid football consumer circles, United are important, but far off from what they perceive themselves to be.

serghei

But 1/4 of the worlds population is from Asia. That’s where the clubs know they can generate revenue.

No disrespect but there’s a reason why these clubs pre season tour in Japan, Australia etc and not Brazil.

Again.

I'm not talking about some marketing excel spreadsheet that equals some Asian who watched an hour of football in the last 3 months to some European who watched 10 hours in the last month alone. :lol:

First you have to actually define what football fan means. What do you think a football fan is? Just saying you're a football fan doesn't make you so. I can say I'm a carling fan based on watching a 10 mins carling youtube clip a year ago.

serghei

You guys have no clue. Honestly. :lol:

In your brain, a guy who drinks 50 wines a month is as much a wine lover as a guy who had one glass of wine from Lidl 10 months ago on a discount.

You're comparing apples with oranges. I'm talking about influence in major football circles, you're telling me about Asia and Australian and US. :lol: Two of those countries/continents have their own version of football ffs...

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
You guys have no clue. Honestly. :lol:

In your brain, a guy who drinks 50 wines a month is as much a wine lover as a guy who had one glass of wine from Lidl 10 months ago on a discount.

You're comparing apples with oranges. I'm talking about influence in major football circles, you're telling me about Asia and Australian and US. :lol: Two of those countries/continents have their own version of football ffs...
mate you're literally from Romania. Your strongest club is a corrupt joke and you support a Catalan club. Don't preach about real football here

Andresito

Staff member
Serghei's logic is built purely on assumption. Whole lotta yapping.

United been a top 3 supported club in the world for a long time. Even if they go with 10 shit years they're still there at the top, which says plenty about their brand.

Home of Barca Fans