Premier League 2020/2021

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Gnidrologist

Not only english. Every league. Football has become the big business industry, where bigger clubs just scoop off every talented player from lesser clubs as soon as they stick their nose out, because muh free trade. Thought you guys didn't like capitalism that much? Well, this is very good example of how too much free trade can be harmful for a sport in general. From my, as a fan, perspective anyway.

El Gato

Villarato!
What does age change? Tough i agree that stifling the big transfer business part of football should be broader than only regarding youth players.

Indeed changes nothing. Some are just born as mercenaries aren't they?
Need petitions for stricter quotas on 'foreigners' in all age groups perhaps?

Can we reopen the politics thread? Gnidro is branching out even into movies when he has no specific outlet for crusades against the wokies.

khaled_a_d

What does this mean? It would be harder for English clubs to sign foreign players from all age levels?

It changes for players who are 16 and 17 from EU countries.
For example, Cesc,Pique and Bellerin won't be able to go to England if that rule was set back then.
Though, they are putting point system for exceptions, god only knows what that mean.

So simply put they can, within EU. Besides they can even from outside the EU depending on the regulations i.e. Odegaard to Castilla.

I think EEA has same rules applied to them, No?
But there are ways to play around it, if parents get a legit working offer in that country for example.

Ah yes, these 16 year old mercenaries.

I know that this isn't the argument he is making, but that truth is football is a ruthless business for kids and they are treated like mercenaries sometimes.

People has survival bias when they look at this rules, but many has their childhood get affected and they basically reach nothing. Very few reach stardom in the game and some kids gets separated from family and friends pursuing their dreams, whether it is in their countries or abroad.

I mean, even the absolute most successful example of this; Messi. He doesn't talk fondly of leaving country that early. He wants his kids to stay where they are as long as he can.
There will be side effects of this rules, but overall I think it is really for greater good.

Gnidrologist

Indeed changes nothing. Some are just born as mercenaries aren't they?
Need petitions for stricter quotas on 'foreigners' in all age groups perhaps?

Can we reopen the politics thread? Gnidro is branching out even into movies when he has no specific outlet for crusades against the wokies.
It's you who is hijacking this debate into political direction. Guess you enjoy 99% of european clubs serving as breeding farms for 1% top clubs, who rearrange their roster of 80%+ mercenaries that, they have forced out of the serf clubs, every 2-3 years like women change their wardrobe. Not even teams with glorious past like Ajax can ever realistically challenge for biggest European trophy, let alone minnos like Steau Bucharest, Dinamo Kiev, Cervena Zvezda or Celtic, who couldn't sniff a knockout stage, let alone win it. These teams can't hold their core players enough time to see fruition of their labor, because they are forced to sell out like cheap whores in current business model. Enjoy your freedumbs.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
It's you who is hijacking this debate into political direction. Guess you enjoy 99% of european clubs serving as breeding farms for 1% top clubs, who rearrange their roster of 80%+ mercenaries that, they have forced out of the serf clubs, every 2-3 years like women change their wardrobe. Not even teams with glorious past like Ajax can ever realistically challenge for biggest European trophy, let alone minnos like Steau Bucharest, Dinamo Kiev, Cervena Zvezda or Celtic, who couldn't sniff a knockout stage, let alone win it. These teams can't hold their core players enough time to see fruition of their labor, because they are forced to sell out like cheap whores in current business model. Enjoy your freedumbs.

Haven't hijacked much, stem was already in Brexit and its benefits with regards to youth movement across borders - people you've unilaterally called mercenaries with no provided reason that would ever hint 16 year olds are money-driven at the time of transfer.

Not to mention that your solution to curbing the pull factors from western Europe is to continue imposing restrictions on movement. Lol, so typical

I think EEA has same rules applied to them, No?
But there are ways to play around it, if parents get a legit working offer in that country for example.

Which seems more than fair enough.

People has survival bias when they look at this rules, but many has their childhood get affected and they basically reach nothing. Very few reach stardom in the game and some kids gets separated from family and friends pursuing their dreams, whether it is in their countries or abroad.

I mean, even the absolute most successful example of this; Messi. He doesn't talk fondly of leaving country that early. He wants his kids to stay where they are as long as he can.
There will be side effects of this rules, but overall I think it is really for greater good.

I mean, they should by all means be allowed to pursue their dreams. A player who has a passion for Barcelona and watched Messi for 10 years is far from being concerned about monetary gain. So not sure what even is the argument against youth movement at 16. School doesn't seem to be a problem in this day and age where most big cities have a college with qualifications taught partially or fully in English.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

They are mercenaries by the nature of business they are conducting. That's just fact. It has noting to do with their personal aspirations. These young players are being nurtured for 10+ years in some minor (and by 'minor' means not being among top10+whole EPL) clubs academy and as soon as they are ripe for picking, they are torn out from these clubs leaving them chump money so they can keep scouting and farming for bigwigs benefit. I think there should be some rules that would protect these small clubs from being at such disadvantageous position and could at least keep their core tad longer. Forcing big clubs some serious wage limit would also be good thing as in such case these youngsters couldn't be lured out of their home clubs by mere promise of blings.

I think something closer to how transfer market operated before Bosman rule would be preferable. I like the option for clubs to spice up their roster with some amount of foreign players, say, 4-6 legionaries on the whole squad. I think that's reasonable. It would protect smaller clubs making them more competitive and thus allowing them earn more and also creating more exciting tournaments. Many of you complain about these shit teams like Ferencvaros and Kiev, while at the same time supporting the system that makes them so shit. smh

I believe that one of the reasons why South American NTs have gotten worse in world cups is partly because of talent drain that has made their national leagues subpar. Their best talents get scooped off before they even mature and many of them fail in Europe and ruin their long term future, while not playing enough football and honing their skills in league that is less harsh for development. Notice how Spains NT was on its winning roll, when team consisted from 7-8 core Barca players and rest of them from Madrid. Players who had been playing together for years and had perfect chemistry. Same with Germany and Bayern connection. Italy in 2006 almost entirely from domestic clubs. France would be only exception. Still, Europe rules, because top nations suffer less from this unfair economic system.

serghei

Quite negative football by Tottenham. I get playing like this against City, but against Arsenal at home? Come on...

Home of Barca Fans