Premier League 2020/2021

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Kante getting used as some deep-lying playmaker is pure fucking comedy. I have to say the likes of Tammy , Mount etc are massively overhyped.

xXKonan

Tactics also play a part in all this.

But this is what happens when you blow all your cash on forwards and 0 in your defense.

El Gato

Villarato!
Kante getting used as some deep-lying playmaker is pure fucking comedy. I have to say the likes of Tammy , Mount etc are massively overhyped.

Kante is finished as a stalwart TBH.

He has tasted the B2B life and is beyond saving as a DM, especially one in Lampard system that is practically forced to be a pivot.

Could fit well in Barca's 4-3-3 if it ever came to be

messi2140

6racies Xavi

He has tasted the B2B life and is beyond saving as a DM, especially one in Lampard system that is practically forced to be a pivot.

Yh pretty much. As a pure DM in a 4-3-3 he can still work as you said. But having him trying to move the ball in a double pivot is just hilarious to watch. Imo Kovacic-Jorginho is the way to go.

Morten

Sarri started this nonsense of moving Kante away from his best position, so its not really on Lampard.

El Gato

Villarato!
Sarri started this nonsense of moving Kante away from his best position, so its not really on Lampard.

Possibly he started it.

But it's not Sarri's fault that Kante now playing as a DM is still feeling obliged to leave the position and get involved up top while also doing the bulk of playmaking, which is what that role in Lampard system requires.

Basically half of Kante's problems are on Kante and his desire to bomb forward. He's been scoring some good goals and wants to be involved higher up the pitch. Which makes him a liability if you need organisation.

He's finished as a pure destroyer/harrasser/tackler.

Yh pretty much. As a pure DM in a 4-3-3 he can still work as you said. But having him trying to move the ball in a double pivot is just hilarious to watch. Imo Kovacic-Jorginho is the way to go.

I don't think he'd work as pure DM. He doesn't want to be one anymore. You can tell by where he chooses to go vertical. He could be a good RCM. But needs a disciplined DM next to him.
He's more like Lassana Diarra, Essien, Yaya and the like nowadays. Even Casemiro has more discipline, but is arguably worse than Kante on ball.

Last edited:

Sterlingfan2000

I don't understand lampard. He rather plays werner as winger as hudson odoi. He sells Rudiger but Rudiger is the only decent build up defender they have

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I don't think he'd work as pure DM. He doesn't want to be one anymore. You can tell by where he chooses to go vertical. He could be a good RCM. But needs a disciplined DM next to him.
He's more like Lassana Diarra, Essien, Yaya and the like nowadays. Even Casemiro has more discipline, but is arguably worse than Kante on ball.

Yh , if he doesn't want to be then thats a big problem , since he doesn't have the qualities on the ball a RCM should have (especially for top clubs). Imo , Casemiro is better on the ball than Kante.

Edit: 3-2

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans