Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Pep is responsible for this. All that money and his best defender is a 34 year old midfielder. Terrible signings. And that LB, Angellino or what his name is terrible.

Pretty much. Dude has borderline an Arsenal level backline. Pep will work ideally with him having no say in transfers.

serghei

Pretty much. Dude has borderline an Arsenal level backline. Pep will work ideally with him having no say in transfers.

He needs to cut the shit and look at lean mean defending skills when signing defenders. He look at things like building from the back and being good with the ball, but forgets the guy needs to know how to block crosses.

We should be thankful for Puyol, Mascherano, Abidal. They held the defense together.

KingLeo10

Honestly, my one big criticism against Pep is that he is absolute garbage at transfers. We paid nearly 80 M for Ibra and lost Eto'o to the team that won the treble after our treble. Fucking lol.

If we keep Eto'o one more year, Barcelona 3 peats without a shadow of a doubt. And becomes the undisputed best club football team of all time. Right now, we're in the mix with Sacchi's Milan and Cruyff's Ajax.

xXKonan

Are the likes of John Stones and Eric Garcia really worse choices than a 34-year-old Midfielder being played out of position.

vegitot

Honestly, my one big criticism against Pep is that he is absolute garbage at transfers. We paid nearly 80 M for Ibra and lost Eto'o to the team that won the treble after our treble. Fucking lol.

If we keep Eto'o one more year, Barcelona 3 peats without a shadow of a doubt. And becomes the undisputed best club football team of all time. Right now, we're in the mix with Sacchi's Milan and Cruyff's Ajax.
pep did not want ibra in first place

serghei

Totally. Not a big fan of his signings either, especially in defense. He got lucky with Mascherano I guess.

And he's too experimental with defenders imo, forgetting that firstly they need to be able to defend well and have defensive attributes. It's no joke. Central defenders must have some good basic defensive ability, like Puyol had for example.

What good is that they pass well if they fuck-up more than half the time they are pressured in defense?

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's pretty much the reason they won't win the CL. Garbage CBs and a backup striker that misses the easiest chances in the World.

Would still take him at Barca though.

El Gato

Villarato!
Are the likes of John Stones and Eric Garcia really worse choices than a 34-year-old Midfielder being played out of position.

Not necessarily, but Pep is known to ostracise players he doesn’t “agree” with. Must be just lack of connection between coach and player. Stones was never the best player he had either. Combine the lot and it’s a recipe for squad disaster.

DonAK

Fucking hell. I had a bet with a friend that Solskjær would get fired before Christmas. Not happening now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Aye, garbage players are to blame. Garbage squad worth almost a billion consisting of players master pepi handpicked.

That's why Leicester have superior players and only because of that they are ahead of Shity.

DonAK

Would you take Otamendi and Fernandinho as CBs at Barca? I wouldn't even have them as 4th options.

Obviously Pep and Txiki's fault though for not signing better CBs. Didn't really need Rodri. Would have been better off using those 80 millions on a CB.

Sterlingfan2000

Totally. Not a big fan of his signings either, especially in defense. He got lucky with Mascherano I guess.

And he's too experimental with defenders imo, forgetting that firstly they need to be able to defend well and have defensive attributes. It's no joke. Central defenders must have some good basic defensive ability, like Puyol had for example.

What good is that they pass well if they fuck-up more than half the time they are pressured in defense?
Good passers wins u the league , good tacklers wins u the CL

Home of Barca Fans