Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

serghei

Nah, there's no forward more fit than Cavani. I'll spare the photos but this dude has like 7% body fat.

EDIT...wtf didn't expect Milner to be undercover Seedorf.

Klopp said that after training sessions Milner complains they didn't work enough and goes and cuts trees in the woods for 2 more hours.

Newcomer

Yea, but Milner is like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Cavani was known for his fitness. Never injured until recently.

But you catch my drift. Messi can't run all the game to keep some freshness to be able to score and be efficient offensively. The Liverpool players seem to never need to keep their energy.

Their bad injury luck went on substitutes like Oxlade Chamberlain and Keita. The poor dudes have taken the hit for the whole team.

serghei

Clearly no penalty .. and I would have liked one very much.

100% penalty for me. Extented the area of his body. There is no reason why Arnold can't glue his hands on his body there. He stays this way to make himself bigger and as a result it is a stonewall penalty for me.

FC433

Being denied two penalties and playing without your GK and best defender away to one of the best club in the world if not the best in one of the toughest stadiums if not the toughest and you still fight.

Crazy, while our captains one of them walks 99% of the game and the other tells how okay it is to struggle here and there.

Disheartening.

utility73

100% penalty for me. Extented the area of his body. There is no reason why Arnold can't glue his hands on his body there. He stays this way to make himself bigger and as a result it is a stonewall penalty for me.

As I saw it in the replays he did not extend anything. His arm was on his body while he was being shot at from close distance.

serghei

Being denied two penalties and playing without your GK and best defender away to one of the best club in the world if not the best in one of the toughest stadiums if not the toughest and you still fight.

Crazy, while our captains one of them walks 99% of the game and the other tells how okay it is to struggle here and there.

Disheartening.

Yea... it is what it is.

Rory

See it all the time in football but there's got to be some sort of punishment for pushing a player when they've chased a ball and it's gone out. So many pitches have that dip/some concrete or a metal railing up close, nearly causes an injury every time

serghei

As I saw it in the replays he did not extend anything. His arm was on his body while he was being shot at from close distance.

No it wasn't. His hand was not glued to his body like it has to be in these situations. There was a gap between his hands and his body. If his hands where glued to his body the shot would've past him and hit the target.

utility73

No it wasn't. His hand was not glued to his body like it has to be in these situations. There was a gap between his hands and his body. If his hands where glued to his body the shot would've past him and hit the target.

It does not have to be glued on or behind the back, it was a natural position for the movement, and not extended away from the body, which is enough.

serghei

It does not have to be glued on or behind the back, it was a natural position for the movement which is enough.

Yes it does. Not when you slide because you can't slide like that, but in these situations the defender has to show intent of not handling the ball. Arnold didn't and exposed himself and it was a clear hand ball for me. He basically blocked Sterling's shot with his hand.

Liverpool received a penalty in the CL final for something similar. That one was actually a ricochet into his hand, not even directly in the hand, and it was given. Also close range, also ball to hand.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
See it all the time in football but there's got to be some sort of punishment for pushing a player when they've chased a ball and it's gone out. So many pitches have that dip/some concrete or a metal railing up close, nearly causes an injury every time

I agree. This game it was really excessive though ,especially Trent who did it a few times when pulling Sterling wasn't working.

Home of Barca Fans