Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

BarcaOG

Banned
2 very clear penalties not given. One for Azpilicueta and one for Martial.

On the other hand ref probably thought why bother to give United a pen these days...

It's really odd. I support VAR but I don't understand how/why certain plays or potential fouls are reviewed but not others. The challenge on Martial was not reviewed, even though it was a clear penalty that the ref missed. Later on a standard tackle on Rashford, which was not a penalty, was reviewed, and the non-call confirmed. It makes no sense.

Arbitrary VAR is really frustrating.

serghei

It's really odd. I support VAR but I don't understand how/why certain plays or potential fouls are reviewed but not others. The challenge on Martial was not reviewed, even though it was a clear penalty that the ref missed. Later on a standard tackle on Rashford, which was not a penalty, was reviewed, and the non-call confirmed. It makes no sense.

Arbitrary VAR is really frustrating.

VAR in England is an issue because in order to keep their traditional British style, the referees often bend the rules. Some type of contacts which are clear fouls, the referees allow them and leave them on due to an idiotic sense of physicality.

In Spain I'd say VAR is implemented the best. The mistakes that occur are in terribly difficult situations to judge even with the video replay in front of you. But what I've seen today, those looked pens in real live and looked stonewall pens in every replay I've seen.

The Azipilicueta one is funny. Azpi hits the ball and the other guy hits his leg as if it was the ball. :lol:

Last edited:

JohnN

VAR in England is an issue because in order to keep their traditional British style, the referees often bend the rules. Some type of contacts which are clear fouls, the referees allow them and leave them on due to an idiotic sense of physicality.

In Spain I'd say VAR is implemented the best. The mistakes that occur are in terribly difficult situations to judge even with the video replay in front of you. But what I've seen today, those looked pens in real live and looked stonewall pens in every replay I've seen.

The Azipilicueta one is funny. Azpi hits the ball and the other guy hits his leg as if it was the ball. :lol:

That last one you mention was a blatant foul. I was in awe when that wasn't given (as was the caster).
About the physicality thing, I get it. But there was another instance when the goalie jumps for the ball, loses it cleanly, the striker scores and it was given a foul.
Go figure!!!

They're not doing in it right..

serghei

Arsenal exploiting very well the lack of a target man in Liverpool's team. Should be a couple in front but they're Arsenal... so... it's still 0-0.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
They would have been better off picking up a guy from the streets in France instead of spending those 8 millions on this clown.

Home of Barca Fans