Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

Centauri B

The longer they remain shit, the harder it will be for them to attract top players. Who will join them next summer without CL football? Even with CL football there are 3 - 4 equally attractive options in England alone. Their only chance is to scout very well or hope for a golden generation to emerge.

6 years is the bigger part of a decade. Short run it would mean 1-2 failed summers. Not 6 years, going on 7 with no prospects of improving.

Before you know it, it is a decade, which is about the period of absence for Liverpool. Remember they won the CL in 2005 and made the final in 2007.

United are obviously massively underachieving considering their financial power, on this I agree with you 100%.

I also agree with both of you, that most coveted players will not want to go there.

But I will have to repeat this yet again, as long as their revenue streams (EPL TV deals, massive sponsorship deals, attendance) remain largely unaffected they can always come back in relatively swift fashion. I mean, look at Real Madrid before they signed CR7 & co in the summer of 2009 and a few transfer windows down the line, they were also greatly underachieving for several years (I think it took them 6 years to get past the Last 16 stage of the CL) but, since their financial power was not negatively affected, they managed to return to the summit of European football in a short period of time.

Centauri B

If Liverpool bottle it today, we will destroy them.

The dominoes will fall.

I want them to win today. It's better if they have to fight for the league as well. It's draining both mentally and physically. If they fail to get the 3 points today, then the league is lost and they will only us to worry about.

Yes, a loss of the league title will seriously deflate their spirits, but I want them to have to field full-strength sides against both Huddersfield & Newcastle. If they drop point today, they will save everything for us.

FCBfan22

Actually them dropping points might be ok, since United will absolutely need to win vs City because of the CL spots.

Even if they drop 2 points, they still have to fight.

serghei

Arsenal doing a fine bottle job vs Palace at home. Would be just like them to finish 5th and lose the EL final.

FinBarcelonafan

Liverpool must be the luckiest team in PL. Play shit and win every game. They are on insane streak. At least City dominates games.

Maybe it's better they come vs Barca with a lot of confidence and we blow them out of the water? Might be a good thing..

We destroyed this season Real Madrid and United. Both collapsed after our games.

Centauri B

Liverpool must be the luckiest team in PL. Play shit and win every game. They are on insane streak. At least City dominates games.

Maybe it's better they come vs Barca with a lot of confidence and we blow them out of the water? Might be a good thing..

We destroyed this season Real Madrid and United. Both collapsed after our games.

It's very positive for us that most pundits in the English media consider Liverpool to be favorites and us being past it. I remember very similar claims right before the CL final in Rome, 10 years ago.

Edit: And yes, after playing us, teams are dead on their feet.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Bring on AFTV.

maxresdefault.jpg

FCBfan22

1-3 Palace.

Blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam, blud, fam.

Home of Barca Fans