Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

Centauri B

It went too well for OGS at United in the begining, now he is back to his usual level, an average coach.

Managers can be good or bad, but it matters very little. It's the players that make almost all (if not absolutely all) the difference.

All the teams that played CL football midweek have struggled. Us, Juventus, Ajax and United who are not that good and play with a relatively tough opponent away will lose badly.

Imagine if we had to play Real Sociedad at the Anoeta, I don't think we could have won this weekend.

Morten

Managers can be good or bad, but it matters very little. It's the players that make almost all (if not absolutely all) the difference.

All the teams that played CL football midweek have struggled. Us, Juventus, Ajax and United who are not that good and play with a relatively tough opponent away will lose badly.

Imagine if we had to play Real Sociedad at the Anoeta, I don't think we could have won this weekend.

Its been downhill for United for some time now, sure its about the players too, but i know enough about OGS as a manager, he isnt particulary great with tactics and line-ups.

I couldnt understand how he kept winning all the time in the begining, now we are back to more normal conditions, he isnt some super coach, there will be ups and downs.

Morten

The timing of this is terrible though, City is going to run circles around them, this was supposed to be their single remaining obstacle, i cant see United getting even a lucky draw.

serghei

The biggest problem at United imo is the relation between the owners, the club and the fans. So pretty much everything :lol:

Owners are at fault because they look at the club as if it's only a business, a financial investment. They probably don't even like football, or soccer to be more exact.

Club is at fault for surrounding themselves with incompetent professionals: managers, sporting director or whatever that Woodward guy is, players etc.

Fans are at fault for being happy with short fixes and not having any idea about what their club stands for. Most United fans don't care about how their team plays as long as they get result. There's a serious problem with that because in the long run, the results are the direct consequence of the quality of football you play.

When these 3 elements are disjointed, and there's no glue (Ferguson) to hold them together, it all breaks apart.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yea. Nobody think it is tbh. If anything we should have scored more in England.

Could have easily, but it’s clear Barca only played at full intensity for the first 20 minutes. They got the goal they wanted and played at 60% for the rest of the game, knowing they’d finish them at home. Very important to pace yourself at this point in the season.

Centauri B

Its been downhill for United for some time now, sure its about the players too, but i know enough about OGS as a manager, he isnt particulary great with tactics and line-ups.

I couldnt understand how he kept winning all the time in the begining, now we are back to more normal conditions, he isnt some super coach, there will be ups and downs.

After Jose left United, the players were a) Relieved and b) Desperate to prove their worth to the new manager and the fans.

After a honeymoon period in which United players physically over-exerted themselves, the inevitable comedown is now taking place. For this particular game they are absolutely knackered by trying to avoid an even bigger defeat against us this past Tuesday.

Ursegor

World Champion
We gave stick to our board and rightfully so at times but nothing Bartomeu and Co. ever did compares to United's higher ups buying past it players like Di Maria, Ibra, Schweinsteiger, Falcao and giving Sanchez the highest wages in the Prem. Appointing numpty David Moyes, followed by van Gaal, followed by van Gaal's complete opposite stylistically and then a complete newbie who got relegated with Cardiff. Buying back their own youth product for over € 100M who wants to leave them again and is clowning around 90 % of the time anyway.

Tragic.

Home of Barca Fans