Premier League 2017/18

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

FCBfan22

Liverpool losing to Pardew in FA Cup. 1-2 after 11 minutes. Firmino put them up in 5', they were down at 11'. What an incredible defence.

FCBfan22

[tw]949695136971202560[/tw]

This is one of the best tweets pouring salt on the wounds of Liverpool, after Coutinho.

Neymessi

Did Coutinho abandon a sinking ship?
Or did ship sink because of Coutinho abandoning?

Former, and its a no brainer. What has liverpool achieved with coutinho? It was always a failed club.

Coutinho just helped them get into CL once in 4 years and some Europa finals and give people the impression that liverpool is maybe a top club. I am actually surprised how coutinho left liverpool so late in his career. No WC player should ever waste that many years there.

El Gato

Villarato!
Former, and its a no brainer. What has liverpool achieved with coutinho? It was always a failed club.

Coutinho just helped them get into CL once in 4 years and some Europa finals and give people the impression that liverpool is maybe a top club. I am actually surprised how coutinho left liverpool so late in his career. No WC player should ever waste that many years there.

I don't think you don't understand Liverpool at all.

Anyway, why are people whinging at VAR again? I heard it was used extensively in this game. Any incorrect decisions?

Klopp and Liverpool are the biggest frauds in the PL, but since they're the media's darling nobody calls them out for not winning a major trophy in over a decade. Yet Arsenal and Wenger get torn into shreds every day while they've won the FA Cup 3 out of the last 4 years.

Klopp has been at Liverpool 3 years now, what has he done? Jack shit that's what, acts like a clown 24/7 loses to the shittiest sides in the Prem regularly yet the media still sucks his dick around the clock.

Neymessi

I don't think you don't understand Liverpool at all.

Anyway, why are people whinging at VAR again? I heard it was used extensively in this game. Any incorrect decisions?

I understand liverpool just fine. They have done jackshit for ages but somehow still considered as a big club and their fanbase think they are first class.

History is fine and all but if you haven't won anything for THAT long then that history isn't really all that in the modern day and it ceases to become a top club.

El Gato

Villarato!
I understand liverpool just fine. They have done jackshit for ages but somehow still considered as a big club and their fanbase think they are first class.

History is fine and all but if you haven't won anything for THAT long then that history isn't really all that in the modern day and it ceases to become a top club.

Nah mate, disagree with that perception. And you're using some sweeping statements like "always been a failed club", hard to agree with.
I've lived with Liverpool fans, made best friends with a number of them and know a whole lot of the rest. I agree with you in that they have done little to merit being considered a top top team recently. But honestly, it haaaaardly means their fans are delusional about it. Especially not after being a selling club ever since they lost Xabi and Torres. Nobody thought they made some significant jump after 1 EL final or even that title run with Coutinho, Gerrard and Suarez. Because they never made it in the end.
Now, they are definitely the team that is knocking on the door again. Klopp's stubbornness helps them combat that inferiority within, even despite his flaws as a coach (constant conceding from set pieces, lack of substantial bench building). But they are definitely making the correct steps to get back to where they want to be. Their mentality of showing up against big teams is a great example, they have the right attitude when their reputation is at its most visible. They do lose it straight after usually, or a few weeks after, but that's another story and other measures are used to fight that.

In any case, it's far from a sinking ship. They just need to keep on working on it and they have the right man to do that, so long as he addresses depth and leadership issues.

FCBfan22

I think this one is on Klopp. Partly because he didn't get a better GK and partly because of his organisation of the players on the field, which is chaotic.

It's embarrasing to lose to Pardew, who is basicly Tata Martino of the Premier League tactics-wise and is lucky that WBA were so stupid to hire him (they will get relegated as soon as the honeymoon is over). Klopp should be ashamed.

xXKonan

Liverpool/Klopp's system is heavily suited towards attackers but not much else. Liverpool right now are top heavily, with a really strong attacking trident but not much else, the only thing that was holding their Midfield together was Coutinho and we all know the story of their defense.

Liverpool need to bring more competent Midfielders and defenders and a GK in the summer. But even then there's a good chance the systematic issues they have would still be ever present even with the addition of some good players.

Home of Barca Fans