Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule4life

The Culest
Never get these playoffs. Just promote the 3rd team who performed all season. One match is not enough to decide the better team

Cule4life

The Culest
It's probably just there to make finishing in the top two better than finishing 3rd.

Doesnt change the fact its not a good enough method to decide the best team. Derby has been the better team this season from what i heard. And how is finishing in the top 2 a good enough motivation?

R

rb3025

Arry's back and congrats to QPR. At least they can improve league in long term if they are not idiots anymore, they at least have some ambitions

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Play offs are there so that the league doesn't become stale or boring. If the top 2/3 are 10 points ahead of everyone else then there isn't anything to play for from March onwards.

With the play offs 6th place qualifies you for a play off place so really if you are in say 14th place with 10 games to go and 12 points behind 6th place then you'd still try to attain a play off position as its still attainable. If there was no play offs then clubs in those sort of positions would bother and therefore the league becomes stale and boring fast.

I love the play-offs anyway. Great excitement and drama.

Shame QPR got promoted as I detest them as a club and don't particularly like their supporters.

Cule4life

The Culest
Play offs are there so that the league doesn't become stale or boring. If the top 2/3 are 10 points ahead of everyone else then there isn't anything to play for from March onwards.

With the play offs 6th place qualifies you for a play off place so really if you are in say 14th place with 10 games to go and 12 points behind 6th place then you'd still try to attain a play off position as its still attainable. If there was no play offs then clubs in those sort of positions would bother and therefore the league becomes stale and boring fast.

I love the play-offs anyway. Great excitement and drama.

Shame QPR got promoted as I detest them as a club and don't particularly like their supporters.

Did i say playoffs are boring? Its just not fair for Derby who worked hard all season. There is too much at stake to put everything in a playoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans