Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

TV has caught Wilshere showing finger to the Man City fans.

Bbc70O3CYAAjdfi.jpg

Also Mertesacker and Ozil had a debate at the end of the match, as Mertesacker apparently incensed that Ozil had not applauded the visiting fans.

PA-18474316.jpg

How tall is Mertesacker ?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
TV has caught Wilshere showing finger to the Man City fans.

Bbc70O3CYAAjdfi.jpg

Also Mertesacker and Ozil had a debate at the end of the match, as Mertesacker apparently incensed that Ozil had not applauded the visiting fans.

PA-18474316.jpg
Wilshere is a twat... That's what you would be if you are a youngster and showed a bit of a potential in English football.

Mertesacker seems to have gone over board there... at least Ozil didn't insult the home fans like their magic kid :shrug:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Mertesacker seems to have gone over board there... at least Ozil didn't insult them like their magic kid :shrug:

Honestly, can't believe that those two incidents are what is being talked about after that game. The whole Mertesacker/Ozil issue is blown out of proportion. There were several players directly walking off the pitch, it's just Mertesacker walking up to him that draws the attention to this. He also apologised via Facebook. Couldn't care less if he applauds his fans or not after getting beaten 6-3. The Wilshere thing is of course a bit questionable... Still, I'd like to think there are more important notions from the game than those.

Btw, the ManCity tunnel cam was taken down after Bendtner said the tunnel "smelled like piss". :lol: Another detail worth noting...

Kerrybai

A few days back I said I would consider Arsenal contenders if they came away from Everton, City, Chelsea in good shape. Well 1/6 points so far is not good. If they lose to Chelsea and City go top that for me will be where their title ambitions end.

I still think it will be City/Chelsea to win the league with City as strong favourites.

zealot

City/Chelsea/United/Arsenal?

+1 for the predictability ;) EPL might have more matches that ended with 'surprise' elements i.e. upsets and such, but yeah the Top 4 have always been consistent. Well since Man Utd do seem to be in a pool of problems for now, somebody else may take their place for the moment, but yeah the English contingent in UCL are quite consistent, not much change.

The Observer

A few days back I said I would consider Arsenal contenders if they came away from Everton, City, Chelsea in good shape. Well 1/6 points so far is not good. If they lose to Chelsea and City go top that for me will be where their title ambitions end.

I still think it will be City/Chelsea to win the league with City as strong favourites.

My money is on Chelsea. Typical Mourinho side. They grind out narrow wins in unspectacular fashion.

City's key players are too injury prone for my liking. Agüero, Silva, Kompany. When did those 3 play 5 consecutive games together the last time?

B

beautifulgame

Yeah, I agree again Observer. I want City but it is difficult with that defense and Kompany can't even play a couple games in a row. However, if they get a good CB in the transfer window or two lol, and a goalkeeper then they would be my favorites.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
My money is on Chelsea. Typical Mourinho side. They grind out narrow wins in unspectacular fashion.

City's key players are too injury prone for my liking. Agüero, Silva, Kompany. When did those 3 play 5 consecutive games together the last time?
I wouldn't be too sure, we ain't grinding our results like we used to. I mean we should have beaten Stoke the other day but we've let in easy goals. If we can fix our defence we'll be able to grind out results, but we're horribly bad at times. At least we got room to improve, though.

And WBA sacking Clarke? Um, what? That is a horrible decision. Man bring back Clarkey as assistant, he was very much responsible for our defensive solidity back in the day, not that he'd want to step down to assistant again, of course. WBA are stupid.

S7_MUFC

City are favorites because their central midfield pairing is head and shoulders above what other teams have....Fernandhino is really underrated and is the best Central midfielder Brazil have.........

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I wouldn't be too sure, we ain't grinding our results like we used to. I mean we should have beaten Stoke the other day but we've let in easy goals. If we can fix our defence we'll be able to grind out results, but we're horribly bad at times. At least we got room to improve, though.

And WBA sacking Clarke? Um, what? That is a horrible decision. Man bring back Clarkey as assistant, he was very much responsible for our defensive solidity back in the day, not that he'd want to step down to assistant again, of course. WBA are stupid.

Mourinho hasn't got that aura that he had in 2004 and he won't have that same aura again. But still I think when you get a settled team out there you'll be difficult to stop in the long run.

I think you need another centre back and another striker and a replacement for Lampard (for next season) and you'll be very strong.

But there is a lack of top quality strikers available at the moment and especially this is the case in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans