Player of the season (Excluding Messi)?

Player of the season (Excluding Messi)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abual3bed1

how can Busquets be behind Masch in this poll??

not belittling of Mascherano but Busquets was better throughout the whole season.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Voted Cesc because his hair was awesome
:lol:

I'm going for Busquets on this one, but Xavi (incredibly important for our play even if his injury has hampered his movement), Mascherano (some mistakes, but the surprise performer of the season, fantastic), Iniesta (incredible, but he's not as good as a winger) and Puyol (great performances, and incredibly important as a leader) all seem good options to me.

adil_909

nobody thinks that masch completely reinventing himself as a CB after being a CM his entire career is worthy of extra praise? people are comparing busquets and masch just straight, but you have to factor in that masch has excelled in a new position while busquets has excelled in his normal position. hence, masch should win this poll for the extra effort required to change positions and be the beast that he was.

F

Flavia

Masch was very good, but he showed he's not a cb primarily, with some costly mistakes, especially in positioning himself, at times. Not his fault, but that's why I voted for Busquets.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
nobody thinks that masch completely reinventing himself as a CB after being a CM his entire career is worthy of extra praise? people are comparing busquets and masch just straight, but you have to factor in that masch has excelled in a new position while busquets has excelled in his normal position. hence, masch should win this poll for the extra effort required to change positions and be the beast that he was.
I wouldn't say so...
In fact I'm pretty sure the main reason Mascherano leads this poll is because many factor in him adapting to a new position.

pawanme10

Mascherano according to me. Had a better season than Busquets. Also, in between he went on without fouling, recovering the balls and never losing it at the same time. That was an incredible run.

That said, he doesn't know how to play the off-side trap properly and has always been a pain with positioning. Even in last year's CL final, that goal by Rooney was Masch's positional mistake (he played Giggs onside) If he improves his positional play, he is going to be awesome.

(quick prayer to god: Make him taller, please. Amen) :( :mascherano:

Home of Barca Fans