Pierre-Emile Kordt Hojbjerg

Yannik

How is Schalkes midfield looking? Should he be able to nail a starting spot?

Geis, Goretzka, Hojbjerg for CM/CDM. All of them are around the same age, quality and potential.
They will play with a Double 6 so Hojbjerg will probably rotate, but he might be there in at least 50% of the matches. Neustädter is also there of course.

Trickykid

ludicrous decision.

Geis is their new go-to man, so if at all, he can challenge Goretzka, who is of similar age and talent but owned 100% by Schalke. He would also have to fend off former starter Neustädter. So with a little bit of ill-luck, he might as well find himself the 4th choice for the two CM spots.
Sounds odd. Perhaps they're planing to offload someone before the market shuts down?
It just doesn't make sense for Bayern - OR PEH - to loan him to a club where he's not going to play.

Trickykid

Geis, Goretzka, Hojbjerg for CM/CDM. All of them are around the same age, quality and potential.
They will play with a Double 6 so Hojbjerg will probably rotate, but he might be there in at least 50% of the matches. Neustädter is also there of course.

Cheers. That doesn't sound too bad after all. Competition is healthy, and if he's good enough, he'll get enough minutes under his belt.

Trickykid

Did very well in his first start last night - admittedly against a weak opponent. Hopefully more to come.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Did very well in his first start last night - admittedly against a weak opponent. Hopefully more to come.

Not really so far. 71 minutes played in the Bundesliga over the course of 7 BL matches with Schalke. 176 if you count in the two EL matches. And that is WITH one of their DM/CM guys being injured long-term. Seems my initial assessment of that loan wasa correct... :/ A lesser team would have made a hell of a lot more sense.

Trickykid

Not really so far. 71 minutes played in the Bundesliga over the course of 7 BL matches with Schalke. 176 if you count in the two EL matches. And that is WITH one of their DM/CM guys being injured long-term. Seems my initial assessment of that loan wasa correct... :/ A lesser team would have made a hell of a lot more sense.

Yeah, it's a damn shame, and a real fuck-up from both Bayern and Højbjerg himself.

Trickykid

He's been a starter in 8 of the last 9 matches, and is now keeping Goretzka on the bench. I haven't watched all of his matches, but those I've seen, he's been really good. He's also doing very well right now dominating the midfield alongside Geis against Leverkusen.

I doubt Ancelotti will keep him at Bayern next season, so hopefully abother German top club will pick him up. Still just 20 years old with plenty time and room to evolve.

Trickykid

Off to Southampton for around 15m. Hopefully he can cement his place in the team and finally develop some consistency to his game.

Any of you Brits in here, with a bit of knowledge on the midfield situation in Southampton?

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Wanyama left. Davis ain't getting younger.

Ward-Prowse and Hojbjerg could be an exciting pair. They also have Clasie.

Trickykid

Wanyama left. Davis ain't getting younger.

Ward-Prowse and Hojbjerg could be an exciting pair. They also have Clasie.

And ex Barça kid Romeu as well, right? Didn't know Wanyama was sold, though. That should fee up some space, even though I don't hope they've bought Højbjerg as a DM replacement.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
And ex Barça kid Romeu as well, right? Didn't know Wanyama was sold, though. That should fee up some space, even though I don't hope they've bought Højbjerg as a DM replacement.

Yeah. Romeu has been pretty decent for them but he's a DM. Clasie can also play as a DM.

Let's just say that breaking into that XI shouldn't be too hard. The players are all great but they aren't really that special. Højbjerg iirc is a b2b type so he should fit in well.

Trickykid

Yeah. Romeu has been pretty decent for them but he's a DM. Clasie can also play as a DM.

Let's just say that breaking into that XI shouldn't be too hard. The players are all great but they aren't really that special. Højbjerg iirc is a b2b type so he should fit in well.

Yeah, he's very much a b2b midfielder, but has been utilized all over the place, meaning he's learned little to no consistency so far.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Yeah, he's very much a b2b midfielder, but has been utilized all over the place, meaning he's learned little to no consistency so far.

Well. If there's a club that can get the best out of young players it's Southampton. I'm quite sure he'll succeed. A wise move career wise.

Trickykid

Well. If there's a club that can get the best out of young players it's Southampton. I'm quite sure he'll succeed. A wise move career wise.

Yeah, it seems so.
I hope the team won't collapse completely without Koeman and a couple of stars, they've already offloaded.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I think this season will be the season that selling their best players finally catches up on Southampton. However We'll sign Holbjerg for £40m in 2017 no doubts :lol:

Home of Barca Fans