Philippe Coutinho

Alik

Maybe there's a chance Coutinho would be willing to take a pay cut to leave Barcelona. He's indicated before that he would not be happy to return.

Andrew M

Maybe there's a chance Coutinho would be willing to take a pay cut to leave Barcelona. He's indicated before that he would not be happy to return.

Maybe if the sporting project was irresistible or there was an emotional connection but otherwise I don't see how a player in their prime years would accept that.

JohnN

How can Coutinho have expectations for top tier wages, the way he has performed the last two years? That leaves him with really few options to ever play as a starter again. Perhaps a big, but not powerhouse, club is his level, something like arsenal, Tottenham, Inter.. I don't know, just saying..

Alik

Maybe if the sporting project was irresistible or there was an emotional connection but otherwise I don't see how a player in their prime years would accept that.

How can Coutinho have expectations for top tier wages, the way he has performed the last two years? That leaves him with really few options to ever play as a starter again. Perhaps a big, but not powerhouse, club is his level, something like arsenal, Tottenham, Inter.. I don't know, just saying..

Going to generalize here and say that Brazilians care more about wages than about being a starter or the level of the club.

That being said, it's also difficult to see how a player so young would be content to be on the bench.

Really don't know what to expect.

Newcomer

Didn't see the game but apparently he was terrible.

Comment from Bayern Munich fans :

-Coutinho with his biggest trick yet. Making himself disappear for 40 minutes.

Edit: The best part about this game was that you could literally see Barcelona losing money.

-I flipped the game on in the second half and went 20 minutes without realizing he was even in the game.

-Don't play him on the left, he will just cut in inside and overload the inside when u have Goretzka, Lewa, even Muller who like to play inside, he is just not good though

-I really wonder how much playing time he is going to get when Kingsley and Perisic are fully healthy. He's been invisible for a number of appearances in a row.

-Hopefully none at all.

-Coutinho was SHOCKINGLY bad.

-Should have never left Liverpool

-klopp was a magician for making him look so good

-He looked good even before Klopp. Surround him with average players and he will stick out and look like a world beater.

-He has been DOGSHIT for a very long time now

-Surprised?

-Not at all. I was sure the game was over when he was subbed on. Kinda suprised we didnt concede a goal bc of his dribblings.

But seems like he has learned from the Hoffenheim game and now just does not play football anymore.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

he means traditional number 10s. Coutinho, Isco, James, that kind of players. Some can adapt - like David Silva did - but it's rare.

De Bruyne is a hybrid eight ten.

In modern football you can't carry players anymore. Messi is a classic ten and we're having problems in cl.

The Observer

Loaning him out was a huge mistake. If 6 months ago you could have still pretended that "Barca doesn't know how to use him, will shine elsewhere without Messi, in a different style", you can't now. He has now failed in another team in the easiest possible top league under 2 other managers as well. I struggle to see how anyone would even pay 50 million for him.

Will go down the "eternal loan until contract runs out" route.

Barcilliant

The loan option was stupid.

If a player doesn't fit you sell while he still has value. If Liverpool want him back they will probably play hardball and pay 40 - 50 million max.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The loan option was stupid.

If a player doesn't fit you sell while he still has value. If Liverpool want him back they will probably play hardball and pay 40 - 50 million max.

Because nobody wanted to buy him, certainly not for the price (100m plus) we wanted. His loan saved us one year of his salary and earned us 8.5m of loan fee, that was the only positive side of it.

Home of Barca Fans