Philippe Coutinho

Richard.H

It's always like this. These bums always fool fans and coaches in early season, in Camp Nou games, when the team is under no pressure (mentally and from high pressing teams). Coutinho, Rakitic, Dembele, etc. etc. look great and people think "maybe this team has a chance", "maybe these players are worth it".

And then come spring, in the make or break game where it counts, they fail. They'll have runs of 5-10+ great games against minnows, but fail when it counts.

And then we continue to go backwards year after year and trust them, with the memory of a goldfish.

Our standards have just lowered. Everyone here is aware that the likes of Cou and Griez are not going to lead us to a CL.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Our standards have just lowered. Everyone here is aware that the likes of Cou and Griez are not going to lead us to a CL.

True but I see a massive I improvement from him which is always a positive. This is coming from a guy who was totally against his signing.
He was making runs trying plays and defending with effort. This is a huge improvement on how he was before he went bayern.

Jadentheman

It's always like this. These bums always fool fans and coaches in early season, in Camp Nou games, when the team is under no pressure (mentally and from high pressing teams). Coutinho, Rakitic, Dembele, etc. etc. look great and people think "maybe this team has a chance", "maybe these players are worth it".

And then come spring, in the make or break game where it counts, they fail. They'll have runs of 5-10+ great games against minnows, but fail when it counts.

And then we continue to go backwards year after year and trust them, with the memory of a goldfish.

To be fair Coutinho downgraded to a lesser quality team. It will be harder for him to be more quality especially when Messi is still here and the status quo strategy will remain the same.

serghei

I don't see the point of this. So, we're not what we were some years ago. So what, all teams go through these periods. It's enough technical quality in this team to be competitive if we work hard and train properly for once. Can't ask for more than that at this point.

serghei

If Coutinho was so bad, Bayern wouldn't have touched him, let alone played him as one of their 14-15 go to players.

Jesus, some people think he is Sevilla level. :lol:.

He is our level. A step under the best players in that position, but still good enough to play for other top 10 teams.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I have a feeling he'll do well this season, he seems more comfortable in a system with 4 attackers as oppose to Coutinho-Suarez-Messi trio we saw the last season he played here.

JamDav1982

I have a feeling he'll do well this season, he seems more comfortable in a system with 4 attackers as oppose to Coutinho-Suarez-Messi trio we so the last season he played here.

He cant play LW in a three like EV tried to get with Messi and Suarez even if should have been better.

Today with freedom to move and runners off him in a more of a AM position that suits completely. There is no excuses for him.

Home of Barca Fans