Petrinha's Barca

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Well maybe in Slavonia - Vukovar and places near, some of the buildings there r still left damaged as a memory to all that defended the cities .... Vukovar is one sad sad story :(
Elsewhere all is reconstructed .... can u imagine that they hit Dubrovnik too from Montenegro, i mean it's such a heritage, u must be a barbarian wanna destroy that .... all those pics stil so vivid in my head ...

So, what do u think of Cro and which city u liked the most? It's good that u've been to so many parts so u can see diversities as we were influenced by so many nations and cultures.

Last edited:

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Well maybe in Slavonia - Vukovar and places near, some of the buildings there r still left damaged as a memory to all that defended the cities .... Vukovar is one sad sad story :(
Elsewhere all is reconstructed .... can u imagine that they hit Dubrovnik too from Montenegro, i mean it's such a heritage, u must be a barbarian wanna destroy that .... all those pics stil so vivid in my head ...

So, what do u think of Cro and which city u liked the most? It's good that u've been to so many parts so u can see diversities as we were influenced by so many nations and cultures.

Dubrovnik was repaired. I didn't see anything strange except waves of japanese tourists, even more than in Sagrada Familia :p . The white stones of the street reflected the sunrays like a microwaves. By 10:00am the atmosphere was insupportable. The water bottles worthed more than gold.

Zagreb is a typical european city, very occidental style. Beautiful. We slept there all the time we spent visiting Cro. I remember the supermarkets called Mercator.

We didn't spent much time in Vukovar. The city is far in the east and we had to return to Zagreb every day to sleep. I remember some houses damaged by the bullets and something like a tower partialy destroyed. Very sad.

The roads and the highways are really comfortable.

We ate on day in a restaurant between Zagreb and Osijek called Dalí (yes, the painter). The place was front of a tank monument. We gave to the restaurant owner a Catalunya map.

We also visited a town (I don't remember the name) which has a big castle. The castle was a museum of croatian history about middle age, otoman invasion, etc... The place was not famous, we were alone in the castle. I remember a lot of rooms.

Croatian is more occidental than Eslovenia and Bosnia.

Slovenia is like 50% Croatia and 50% Austro-hungary empire. I liked very much the metal dragon statues of Liubliana streets and the architecture. There are some huge caves there and some places with beautiful lakes.

Bosnia is very influenced by the otoman invasion but is not like a typical arabic country. The towns are generic but a mosque instead of a church. They are rebuilding the country, the new roads are good as croatian ones. The thinks cost very cheap. I saw a lot of houses being built. All the restaurants have kebabs. The only place were we could eat something different was a high category restaurant in Sarajevo. I supose was expansive for the bosnians because we were alone and all the waiters watched us all dinner long. There are lot of places mined. Very sad.

We hadn't time and money to visit Srbia or Montenegro.

And that is more or a less i remember about the travel without watching any photo. :p :)

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
I guess u were in Dubrovnik during summer, i hate those jams and tourists that literaly stand on your feet and yeah japanese with all that technicion of theirs lol .. it became so popular it's anoying sometimes(+ those stupid cruzer ships started to come there, i d forbid it totaly) ... so best time to go there is early spring or autumn when everything eases a bit ... am sorry u remember it coz of the hot stony streets, i hope u enjoyed in some other things there too ... and water is a must have yes, it's great that r few fountains in the city so u dpon't have to buy the water and can refresh from time to time :)

We have many castles here, most popular r Trakoscan and Veliki tabor + almost all either in north or south inland has Otoman connected history so could have been any and each has many rooms lol, if u remember how it lookes like could be helpful :)

lol of everything in Zagreb u remmember supermarket hehe .. but okay u said it's beautiful(Zg not superma:)) so can forgive u :D

I hope u had good experiences with ppl here as sometimes can be arrogant and full of themselves :D

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
So ... back to Barca and 2 more modern things before i go back to my beloved old quartiers and some ships :D

Enric Miralles & Benedetta Tagliabue - Torre Mare Nostrum, Head office of Gas Natural, 2005. This building is just so hmmm illusional with it's asymmetric shape and a wall formed by five different types of glass which covers both the tower and the remaining buildings.Must be pretty cool working there :D

rlb8dv.jpg

1zpij4i.jpg

Jean Nouvel: Torre Agbar , 2005 – was told that the shape of the Torre was inspired by Montserrat mountain, by the shape of a geyser rising into the air, and as well, by our dear Gaudi(again :)) as a reference to the bell towers of the Sagrada Familia (although Nouvel simply describes it as a phallic character building :)).
If u noticed it has very simmilar shape to Foster's 30 St. Mary Axe in London, at first i thought they might have been connected somehow. With it's 144 m height it'is the third tallest building in Barcelona (after Arts Hotel and the Mapfre Tower).

5lxrw2.jpg

View to the city from Tibidabo, adorable.... :)

23rpcie.jpg

A defining feature of the building is its nocturnal illumination. It has 4,500 LED luminous devices that allow generation of luminous images in the facade creating 16 million colors with the ability of quickly transition between colors which creates an amazing effect.

bgcugj.jpg

Last edited:

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
lol guys guys ...

From the modern constructions i also love Barcas El Prat aeroport, who ever did it did a great job, luminosity and a lot of natural light coming in merges with panoramic views and natural landscape. Beautiful!!! :D

S

Super Pippo

The Agbar architect, Jean Nouvel, admitted that the inspiration for it was phallic forms. All around that piece of Avenida Diagonal there are many great new buildings, there is an even crazier tower being built right now by Hadid also.

El Prat was by a Barcelona architect called Ricardo Bofill, Petra. I like it alot also, and he is a really nice guy, he talked at the conference as our office this year. Usually successful architects are dickheads to be honest. He was really down to earth, was happy to talk with us as equals rather than talk down to us because we are a small firm, have alot of time for him and his work. :)

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Nice to hear that Sergi :) And, next time Pavilion definitelyyyyyyyy !!!

About spacy Agbar, well it's just so stunning, maybe aliens really helped making it ;)

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Unfortunately not as often as i wanna ... always try to combine a match with my travels so was at espanyol and athletico matches few years ago ... and before that some 10 years ago hehe ... plan to go again this year but will depend on time and money ... damn, this Barca is like Paris or Vienna, doesn't matter how many times i was there i never see enough :D

And u Corb, since u live in Terrassa, u go to the Bcn matches often?

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
I've never been to a Barça game ever. But I go to Barcelona everyday.
Why not? R u more of a passive fan that likes watching the games from the sofa? :D

Hmm, where did we stop before all these nice modern buildings ... think it was Ramblas, let me show some more of the beautiful Barca, if u r not already fed up with it all :D

Night and day view to the end of Ramblas and Columbus monument (Monument a colom). 60 m high with Columbus bronzen statue on the top of the corinthian column, it marks the spot where he stepped ashore in 1493 bringing with him 6 Carribbean Indians.

Instead of pointing to the west towards the New World, the statue points east towards Columbus's supposed home city of Genoa.

It's one complexed piece of art that tells a story :) It has an octagonal pedestal and more statues of winged Victories(Nike) taking flight towards the four corners of the world, above paired griffins, four realms of Spain and ppl that took part in his journey + relief panels that depict important scenes in Columbus's first voyage to the Americas.

The base of the monument is a 20 m wide circle, with four staircases. Each staircase is flanked by two lions.

f2oacx.jpg

143iyr6.jpg

24zlulz.jpg

2yjsbad.jpg

wc23ck.jpg

161yttk.jpg

and to the Porta de la Pau (the Gate of Peace), the former maritime entrance to the city.
Port vell, the new port, built in 1902.

20h3oma.jpg

9sx8aa.jpg

n4haop.jpg

wk5zrt.jpg

Las Ramblas is linked to the yacht clubs on the Moll d'Espanya by a swing bridge leading to Maremagnum.

2nuhzja.jpg

2gtt5z7.jpg

14ka0qa.jpg

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans