Pep Segura

Joan

Depends on the fee. Don't think Thiago is a bad piece of business.

Don't think there are many better midfielders in the world for the rumored price.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Depends on the fee. Don't think Thiago is a bad piece of business.

Don't think there are many better midfielders in the world for the rumored price.

Thiago could be available for 20m and some would not want him as he left the club a few years ago.

JamDav1982

Thiago could be available for 20m and some would not want him as he left the club a few years ago.

Nope they would take him back in a heart beat for 20m no matter what likes of Xavi or Pep Segura say in trying to influence la masia players.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You live in a wonderland. Thiago won't be a starter for Spain and it would be terrible business to bring him back for the rumored fee.

Some of you are never satisfied. It seems Segura will be gone and Cruyff in but it's not enough. We should sack him 3 weeks before his contract expires.

Huh? :lol: This makes no sense whatsoever.

Do you watch Spain play at all? Genuinely asking. Because Thiago has not only played but started pretty much every match he's been available for since the start of the 2017 season, friendlies AND WCQ, except for one. And more or less excelled in every appearance.

I'm all but certain Lopetegui isn't gonna play a midfield like Iniesta-Silva or Iniesta-Isco come the WC, it makes little to no sense and he hasn't ever done it before. Both of those guys play on the wing most of the time. Who else would start over Thiago? Koke? Doubtful, though I guess it could happen. Both Thiago and Koke have had as many appearances for the NT over the past year as Iniesta, and I'd wager he goes with Thiago over Koke when the time comes.

You also said that it would be "terrible business" to bring him back for the rumored fee (which is anywhere between 50-70m). You think that is terrible business? For a guy who was literally the best player in the Bundesliga in the 16/17 season (and would've won the award if not for Lahm retiring). If that's terrible, then I wonder what you think of Paulinho from China for 40m plus huge wages? Or Gomes for up to 50m? Didn't see you complaining much about that.

And what's with this sudden need to preserve Segura's dignity? That it's stepping over the line to want him to get fired 3 weeks early? He should've been gone a long time ago, shit he never even should've been hired in the first place. The man is a living, breathing slight on Cruyff and everything he stood for in this club. You'll go to the lengths of protecting a scum like Segura just to attack me in a post.

JamDav1982

DonAndres overly dramatic shite as usual 'Pep Segura is the living, breathing slight on Cruyff and everything he stood for'.

Listen to yourself ffs.

Bland comments that never try to back up.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
"Never try to back it up" :lol: do you hear yourself and your hypocrisy? I backed it up with PLENTY of indiscretions that Segura has committed in his short time here, from his insulting of Barca players to amateur handling of a transfer window. Everyone and their mother knows he's corrosive yet you're here defending him. Saying that all the transfer reports related to him are "not the case" and "taken out of context" or whatever shit you come up with.

You think Segura has no love for "big players" despite a number of transfer reports saying otherwise, yet you'll completely ignore legitimate medical reports with 30+ tests run on them to dance around with your "hurr durr fake concussion" claim with 0 evidence.

You have no idea what the phrase "back it up" means.

JamDav1982

None of that backs up anything about him being the 'living, breathing slight on Cruyff and everything he stood for'

Overly dramatic bollocks as usual with nothing to back it up.

There is nothing to suggest Barca are in for big physical players. The actions show the opposite.

Home of Barca Fans