Pep Guardiola

Kerrybai

I hear a lot of United fans saying they would like to see him take over from Fergie. Italy could be an option for him too or even Germany but for me England is most likely.

mixer

1. 2-3 years is an eternity.
2. It will not be the same.
3. I do not want us to concede another title to the scum who leads Madrid. I was sure that had Pep decided to stay, we would win the league next season. Not so sure anymore.

How do you know that Tito did not win any titles?

DennyCrane

27 April 2001: Pep announces his departure
27 April 2012: Pep announces his departure

Shit date, cross it off the calendar please!

LaMessiah

I hear a lot of United fans saying they would like to see him take over from Fergie. Italy could be an option for him too or even Germany but for me England is most likely.
That seems like the best fit for him in england. he can rest for a couple years while fergie winds down and then take the reigns. they have a good youth team and rich history, would be a good fit for pep. i honestly don't see why he wouldn't go to england, think he's said in the past he would like to coach there.

definitely sad to see him go, but i'm not surprised. you could see it on his face all year that he's beat down. tito will be a fine replacement, not much will change. hopefully he can light a spark and get these guys like pedro, alexis and cesc scoring again. poor messi has had no consistent help scoring all year. we really missed el guaje

JDaniels

182100.jpg

:worthy:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
THANK YOU PEP! THANK YOU PEP!

My bet is he will return, maybe not as coach but a board member, he will take over Zubi's position once Rosell is gone...

Chainsaw

Killahead
So where? China? Nowhere is there such a level for which he deserves, except England aswell.

I agree with woobie. He more looks to be heading to Italia than anywhere else.

Pep going to Manchester United?! Nah, it's Mourinho's material through and through. Reds finally meet their Devil. Match made in heaven all along!

Reasonus

I don't cry. This would happen sooner or later. Pep Guardiola is a coach. He will not stay forever in one place.

Of course it was to be expected, but the announcement came at a dark time. You can't deny that there was an emotional attachment to Pep, Messi and the other players in general. The sense of being a family separates Barcelona from almost every other football team. Pep promoted that as well. He would always prioritize the human side over the purely sporting aspects. This further endeared him and the players to us, the fans.

When you look at Messi, for example, and compare him to the other greats of football, you can't help notice the huge differences between them. Being so good and staying so humble, even if just outwardly so, wins the hearts of some of us who refuse the notion that one should do whatever possible to get ahead. Pep is the same. Compare him to the successful coaches of his era, you'll immediately notice he is very different. He's a rare kind. The kind that wins without compromising the core values of the club and humans in general.

Pep's Barcelona was the most interesting chapter in Barcelona's fairytale. I would inevitably be sad when it comes to an end.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans