Pep Guardiola

JonM

Did you watch Barca B when he was in charge? That's why people like him. He didn't fit Roma but that doesn't mean he's a bad manager.

Well he did have a much better squad than the current Barca B.

Montoya and Bartra in defense.
Thiago, JDS and Romeu in the midfield.
Soriano scoring 30+ goals, with Nolito and Tello.

After Pep's explosive comments against Barca, many things are coming to surface.

1) The journalist who asked Pep the questions about him and barca's management came from a friend of Guardiola.
2) His name is Matias Manna. he's an argentinian reporter and Pep's friend. He's author of the book "Paradigma Guardiola" and as far as i remember, he also has a youtube account
with Pep's videos on it.
3) The manager of press offered Manna the first option to speak with Pep and ask him the first question.
4) Manna asked the question in Catalan ( that's why I kept wondering why Pep was speaking catalan, it now makes sense).
5) Manna and Pep have been seen together even before he appeared as part of the press conference.

Pep trying to get back at Rosell (b.c he's friends with Laporta and Cruyff) and elections are coming up soon?
The only thing for sure is that It is for Madrid's convenience that the environment surrounding Barca becomes a turmoil.
Madrid press and fans are having a great time now.

Make of it w.e you want. (even if that's nothing)

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130...a-ataque-directiva-azulgrana_54376764439.html

Last edited:

AvocadoCake

After Pep's explosive comments against Barca, many things are coming to surface.

1) The journalist who asked Pep the questions about him and barca's management came from a friend of Guardiola.
2) His name is Matias Manna. he's an argentinian reporter and Pep's friend. He's author of the book "Paradigma Guardiola" and as far as i remember, he also has a youtube account
with Pep's videos on it.
3) The manager of press offered Manna the first option to speak with Pep and ask him the first question.
4) Manna asked the question in Catalan ( that's why I kept wondering why Pep was speaking catalan, it now makes sense).
5) Manna and Pep have been seen together even before he appeared as part of the press conference.

Pep trying to get back at Rosell (b.c he's friends with Laporta and Cruyff) and elections are coming up soon?
The only thing for sure is that It is for Madrid's convenience that the environment surrounding Barca becomes a turmoil.
Madrid press and fans are having a great time now.

Make of it w.e you want. (even if that's nothing)

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130...a-ataque-directiva-azulgrana_54376764439.html

I make of that that Pep wasn't coincidentally asked about it, he asked his friend to ask him so he'll have an excuse to vent at the board.

Ursegor

World Champion
Isn't it obvious that it was a prepared speech? He gave a fluid 10 minute answer with lots of details (when and how many times he met this and that person etc.) to a simple question "What do you make of the statements of the Santos president". :lol:

AvocadoCake

Isn't it obvious that it was a prepared speech? He gave a fluid 10 minute answer with lots of details (when and how many times he met this and that person etc.) to a simple question "What do you make of the statements of the Santos president". :lol:

Haha I thought it was obvious that there's a good reason he was asked that (relatively weird) question, never thought about it like that

yahudi

MD is run by people close to Rosell. Expect them to feature quite a few anti-Guardiola articles

It's about to get really dirty

yahudi

For the lack of better English explanation, I'll quote a Barcelona resident:

This is Sandro Rosell, too (scroll to see the picture):

http://www.racocatala.cat/forums/fi...nio-estrategica-aturar-lindependentisme?pag=1

As I said in a previuos post, the caption talks about the meeting of the catalan powers-that-be with Sandro Rosell, prior to 2010 Barça election. Among them: Artur Mas, now president of the Catalan government; Enric Lacalle, a real power behind the throne and one of the heads of the Partido Popular (Spain’s right wing) branch in Catalonia; José Antich, one of the heads of Group Godó (strongest media group in Catalonia); Josep Cuní, the most important anchorman in Catalan TV, today at 8TV (Group Godó); Antoni Brufau, president of Repsol-YPF (the biggest spanish Oil Company), and Joan Maria Nin, CEO of La Caixa, today CaixaBank, the strongest bank in Catalonia and one of the top three in Spain.

By the way, when questioned about the rumours on this meeting —before this photo was leaked— some of these people denied that it had taken place.

http://www.barcelonafootballblog.com/20302/humanity-love-club-aka-burden-expectations/#comments

edit: MD is obviously run by Grupo Godo. They have been known for their pro-Rosell attitude for quite a while.

We have seen a similar story with Cruyff a bit earlier. Now Pep attacked the board directly and "broke" his promise by going afer Thiago, so chances for a dirty media fight are quite high

edit²: I'd also advise you to read the other comments. A few interessting matters are being discussed, like granting voting rights to non-socis from the penyes or increasing the threshold for a rebellion. It really feels like a throwback into the Nunez/Gaspart days

Last edited:

Keikoku

Cabbage
Out of his "evil" statements :lol:
I heard Pep used 4-1-4-1 atm as his tactic, is it's true? I didn't watch any of Pep's Bayern game yet.

Der Kaiser

Out of his "evil" statements :lol:
I heard Pep used 4-1-4-1 atm as his tactic, is it's true? I didn't watch any of Pep's Bayern game yet.

Yes he does AFAIK. He uses Martinez as CB and Schweini/Gustavo as single pivot. He just has so many offensive midfielders that he can use 4 of them in a game and still rotate over the year.

Keikoku

Cabbage
Yes he does AFAIK. He uses Martinez as CB and Schweini/Gustavo as single pivot. He just has so many offensive midfielders that he can use 4 of them in a game and still rotate over the year.

:rofl1: so he tried Martinez ASAP in CB as his plan to get Javi Martinez in season 11-12 cannot be happen.
He used Goetze as false 9 already? And he used Mandzukic as lone striker to wait and finish only type or looks like he order the striker to roaming do pressing too?
Can give the formation pls if you don't mind. :D

Stric

I hope he makes Thiago shine. I believe he has what it takes to show the world what a brilliant player Thiago already is and will be.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Players can play their nice football at other clubs all they like, but when they play barca I hope they play badly so we have an easier time of winning.

I Definetley WON'T be "satisfied" if we lost just because the other team had some player that played "good football"

Faceless

No more faces at night
Well Pep never leaves Barca no matter what.. Even taking Thiago away with him. Oh well kind of expected.

Home of Barca Fans