Pep Guardiola

Faceless

No more faces at night
I always liked Pep but he left the team when they needed him most so I would not want him back. He should have stayed and rebuilt it again, he was only manager for 4 seasons.

I think he will struggle to replicate what Jupp Heynckes did last year but will be a success in his own right.

Like he said he will struggle and it will not be easy, but he is willing to do his best. Bayern wants him to nourish Bayern's future mostly.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Neither Dortmund nor Schalke embody that due to their current or history of debts ;) With Bayern buying Götze and wanting Lewandowski, they are still a good way off from a 'humble' image and it would not suit the club at all, tbh.
Did you see the inverted commas? Regardless of their debts, this is an image a lot of people, including Klopp and sorts, like to believe in and hold up. For a number of reasons, like the clubs' location, their fan base, and especially because people like to see them as Davids against the almighty Bayern-Goliath. This might be far from the truth, but it's what people like to see.

As for whether or not they will achieve a humble image, I don't know. Probably not, they're Bayern, plus Heynckes was quite humble in nature as well. I was just summarizing the reactions to Pep's press conference that I've heard and read.

loozy

Did you see the inverted commas? Regardless of their debts, this is an image a lot of people, including Klopp and sorts, like to believe in and hold up. For a number of reasons, like the clubs' location, their fan base, and especially because people like to see them as Davids against the almighty Bayern-Goliath. This might be far from the truth, but it's what people like to see.

As for whether or not they will achieve a humble image, I don't know. Probably not, they're Bayern, plus Heynckes was quite humble in nature as well. I was just summarizing the reactions to Pep's press conference that I've heard and read.

Actually, I did not see them, apologies.

I heard about the humbleness and it just does not fit with Bayern's mentality at all, and especially not with Hoeneß'... Guess we'll have to wait and see how things develop but I cannot see Hoeneß constantly kissong Pep's behind as he seems to be doing right now... I remember when van Gaal came to Bayern and it was kind of the same...

Yaya

I always liked Pep but he left the team when they needed him most so I would not want him back. He should have stayed and rebuilt it again, he was only manager for 4 seasons.

I think he will struggle to replicate what Jupp Heynckes did last year but will be a success in his own right.

You wouldn't want the greatest coach ever to coach the club back? Holy shit, what are people around here on.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Actually, I did not see them, apologies.

I heard about the humbleness and it just does not fit with Bayern's mentality at all, and especially not with Hoeneß'... Guess we'll have to wait and see how things develop but I cannot see Hoeneß constantly kissong Pep's behind as he seems to be doing right now... I remember when van Gaal came to Bayern and it was kind of the same...

Yeah, I agree. I can't really imagine Hoeneß will give 100% free rein to Pep, he's not like that. Especially if he doesn't approve of Pep's philosophy. He'll certainly want his fingers in the pie. And for me, humbleness and Bayern don't really go together either. ;)

Ocurrente

BAz1kpvCEAAZ1X2.jpg

old but gold

:lol:

BerkeleyBernie

That training video- La Masia comes to Munich. No matter what else happens, the technique and positional awareness of the Bayern organization is going to go up exponentially. Personally, I don't think this past year's Bayern was as good as all that. They were good, but quite beatable. But with this technical training, they really can become something else.

Richard.H

For some reason I don't think the majority of the players will buy into his personality and coaching style. There will be some players in opposition to his eccentric personality and will speak out against him. Pep isn't a good man-manager, but then again he could've learned a lot of stuff during his sabbatical.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, it's going to be tougher than I imagined...Everytime I see Pep now, I keep thinking he needs to be here...Won't be easy

Home of Barca Fans