Pep Guardiola

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pep is definitely top 5/7 for his contributions as a player, captain and manager.

People want him to do well(except when he faces Barca I hope) or like to follow him just like they do for most former Barca players/managers. Nothing nauseating about that.

The nauseating part is people trying to diminish his status as a Barca legend and manager by comparing him to the likes of Valverde. Like please, come on. Stop it FFS [MENTION=20085]RMU ReBorn[/MENTION]

Didn't follow his Bayern team at all because I didn't really care, but I like to watch Man City(and Liverpool and even Wolverhampton) play because I find them entertaining to watch or in Wolves' case, have some very interesting players.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
In hindsight he underachieved. Not making back-to-back CL finals with prime Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Alves, Puyol, Eto'o, Villa etc. is criminal, nevermind those abysmal CL away performances. Never came close to a CL final after leaving Barca either, got trashed many times.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
In hindsight he underachieved. Not making back-to-back CL finals with prime Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Alves, Puyol, Eto'o, Villa etc. is criminal, nevermind those abysmal CL away performances. Never came close to a CL final after leaving Barca either, got trashed many times.

No, it's not criminal, that's just absurd. No one would have had that opinion had not Real Madrid done it, which is an anomaly anyway.

In the CL he's underachieved after he left Barcelona, but he still got time to rectify that.

Besides if we're even going to entertain that thought of him underachieving with Barca then it's not like we didn't have enough chances vs Chelsea in 2012 or weren't denied a last minute winner vs Inter.

RMU ReBorn

Pep is definitely top 5/7 for his contributions as a player, captain and manager.

People want him to do well(except when he faces Barca I hope) or like to follow him just like they do for most former Barca players/managers. Nothing nauseating about that.

The nauseating part is people trying to diminish his status as a Barca legend and manager by comparing him to the likes of Valverde. Like please, come on. Stop it FFS [MENTION=20085]RMU ReBorn[/MENTION]

Didn't follow his Bayern team at all because I didn't really care, but I like to watch Man City(and Liverpool and even Wolverhampton) play because I find them entertaining to watch or in Wolves' case, have some very interesting players.
Yeah i should stop talking about Pep and his shortcomings but any one can shit on current manager . I get that there is no freedom to express thoughts . Anyone who supports Valverde are fan boys and anyone who admires Pep are some holy prophets of beautiful football

RMU ReBorn

Love is blind. Another ridicules post by EV's main cheerleader! Athletic Bilbao was in the top 10 for the past decade 8 times. While you at it, add to your list Joaquin Caparros, Marcelo Bielsa, and Jose Angel Ziganda who can win La Liga without Messi!
what happened to Bilbao after Ev left ? Ev held them together and made them play competitive football . Won them only trophy in past two decades . Last season they finished 15 th . So Yes if Ev manages a Club like Atletico De Madrid he can win La liga

Ursegor

World Champion
No, it's not criminal, that's just absurd. No one would have had that opinion had not Real Madrid done it, which is an anomaly anyway.

In the CL he's underachieved after he left Barcelona, but he still got time to rectify that.

Besides if we're even going to entertain that thought of him underachieving with Barca then it's not like we didn't have enough chances vs Chelsea in 2012 or weren't denied a last minute winner vs Inter.

What's absurd about it? Most golden generation teams manage back-to-back CL finals, even if they don't win them.

Madrid 2016, 2017, 2018.
Bayern 2012, 2013.
United 2008, 2009.
Juventus 1996, 1997, 1998.
Even Valencia 2000 and 2001 and Ajax 1995 and 1996.

We went out twice to 10 men teams in the semis (Inter, Chelsea) and got everyone red-carded whenever we stood there with our backs against the wall (van Persie, Pepe).

Should have been much more comfortable with that much quality and not always relying on referee decisions in difficult moments.

khaled_a_d

Messi
Cruyff as player and manager
Xavi
Guardiola as player and manager
Kubala
Iniesta
Puyol

Think Kubala might actually deserve a place ahead of Pep, he was considered Barca greatest player in 20century IIRC. New generations probably don't know he existed. but I still think he deserves to move one place up. But agree with the list overall

serghei

What's absurd about it? Most golden generation teams manage back-to-back CL finals, even if they don't win them.

Madrid 2016, 2017, 2018.
Bayern 2012, 2013.
United 2008, 2009.

We went out twice to 10 men teams in the semis (Inter, Chelsea) and got everyone red-carded whenever we stood there with our backs against the wall (van Persie, Pepe).

Should have been much more comfortable with that much quality and not always relying on referee decisions in difficult moments.

It is true that we underachieved in CL with Pep considering we had a team to win 4 in a row and we failed 2 times in semifinal against 10 men teams which we absolutely should've beaten.

However, this doesn't take away the greatness of that team one iota, or the greatness of Guardiola at Barcelona.

George_Costanza

Madrid 2016, 2017, 2018.
Bayern 2012, 2013.
United 2008, 2009.

So you underestimating the achievement of what is considered the best football sides in the history of football just because they couldn't make it back to back final?

Controversial decisions are very common in UCL, and it worked against us as well. Real, United, Porto, Chelsea, Inter to name some the recent winners who won the title with some favorable and controversial referee decisions. UCL before Barca Pep was more balanced between Spain, Italy, and England but during/after Pep it was predominantly Spanish sides.

Home of Barca Fans