Pep Guardiola

Cule4life

The Culest
Nah. Only get annoyed when he's portrayed something he's not. He's neither genius manager and certainly not a good person.

Way to feed into the clueless Barca haters chants of "Any coach would have won with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta"

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I think he’s just going to do what he said a few years bac as he has mentioned before that he doesn’t plan to be a manager for decades and descades.

I think Pep is just going to aim for these types of clubs where he can go in, spend a fuck load of money and build a world class team quickly, win a bunch of trophies, make a ton of money himself and then exit.

Fits his life plans very well.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if PSG is his next club. Seems like a perfect fit.

He will be at City longer than he was at Barca is his plan. He sees City as the club he can have a lasting affect on more so than Barca or Bayern.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think he’s just going to do what he said a few years bac as he has mentioned before that he doesn’t plan to be a manager for decades and descades.

I think Pep is just going to aim for these types of clubs where he can go in, spend a fuck load of money and build a world class team quickly, win a bunch of trophies, make a ton of money himself and then exit.

Fits his life plans very well.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if PSG is his next club. Seems like a perfect fit.

Pretty much. Was always his plan to pursue his personal glory rather than be loyal servant like Simeone or Ferguson.

Nothing wrong about it as long as you don't build him up into something he's not. And we all know that we are guilty of making that mistake while being intoxicated 09-11.

Some are still struggling with it though.

bismp

I also blame Pep for leaving us.

Both him and Barca benefited from his tenure,but let’s face it,Barca already was a historic club and one of the beat teams in the world at that moment.Pep created the best team in history,but he was incredibly lucky to be able to coach a once in a million group of players(most of whom came out of La Masia in a span of few years):Busi,Pique,young Iniesta,prime Xavi,Alves,Puyol and of course Leo fucking Messi in his prime.So,Pep made a great team the best in history,but Barca made Pep the coach he is today.If he had started his career in Celta or Levante,he’d be another Luis Enrique,while today he is considered the best coach in the world and one of the best and most influential in history.

Pep was also a Masia graduate,a club legend and a captain as a player though.Which means that you would expect him to be loyal towards Barca,a team he calls “family”.Instead,he acted like a common mercenary IMO.He came as a nobody(regarding his coaching status),became the best and left the team JUST as it became losing some steam.Barca and the fans thought that they’ve found their own SAF,but Pep left us when he realised he could not continue being as successful as he had been up to that point.

He was “tired”.As if coaching Bayern or City is an easy thing.

I cannot predict the future,but no matter how many titles he wins,his Barca years will be his greatest achievement.And people will remember that he did that with Xavi,Iniesta and LEO MESSI.He got brutally EXPOSED at Bayern,humiliated by Real and Barca,while also eliminated by Atletico.This City team seems fantastic,but winning one EPL is not a huge achievement.We’ll see if he really is the great coach people claim he is if he wins multiple EPLs and AT LEAST one CL.

Neymessi

Whats with the salt here?

He is definitely a genius manager and probably a good person too. Bayern what? They won just one Cl in 2013 and after that they have been considered as the favorites undeservingly. They can't spend 50m for a player even if it is messi (hyperbole obviously) and they want to compete for CL? Imo they have been lucky being considered top 3 with us and RM for such a long period.

The barca to which bayern lost to was missing robbery in the first leg and that was a deadly barca back then. The atletico tie was won by atletico by the classic park the bus tactics which even we have struggled to beat and any team would find tough to surmount. Don't know what went so wrong in the RM tie though but RM was very strong too back then.

Now he is doing wonders for city. Now a very easy answer is he has spent a lot. *sigh*. Forget the fact they have spent only a little more than manu (net spend) who are nowhere near manc, Manc has the highest points in the first 25 epl matches more than peak manu or peak chelsea ever had. Is the manc team on paper THAT good? Obviously no. Could anyone have said in the start of the season that manc would be 13 points ahead of 2nd place in EPL of all places? Obviously its the managers tricks behind it.

And so what if he didn't want to be here? He wanted new challenges, not everyone is like fergie, deal with it.

Of all places at least this is definitely not where I expect shit talk for him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Blame Pep for leaving us? You're sounding like a disgruntled ex to me.

I don't see the need to downplay all his achievements and his status as a manager just because he left Barcelona like he was always going to do, there are very few Fergusons and Wengers in the World or even Football History. There's nothing to do with loyalty, he left when the time was right just like Lucho did after last season. What happened to Barca after him was not his fault, the club and Tito could have renewed the squad, but they failed to do so until we got handed a fucking transfer ban and went a season trophyless, after they had again fucked up by hiring Tata Martino.

He didn't get brutally exposed at Bayern and is doing far better than what Manuel Pellegrini ever did at Manchester City as most would attest to. It's probably a decade since the Premier League was this good with this many good managers, both foreign and local ones. Not since the Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez and Mourinho days have the level of the competition been that high. Man City have never played this well, controlled and dominating, and if we'e going to talk about money, he's spent it on the proper players and nurtured the talent and elevated players like Sterling while his predecessors were out shopping Mangala for over 40m and Bony for 35m.

Simeone is doing a disservice to himself and Atletico Madrid. He's unwilling to move on from his favorites and despite Atletico's position in the league, they have been humiliated this season in their new stadium.

Is that what people wanted Pep or let's say even Lucho to do? To stay when they have nothing left to give the team and the team need a breath of fresh air to shake things up?

Would be loyal, but also stupid and the wrong decision for both manager and club, just like history will prove with Simeone if he doesn't leave soon.

I couldn't give a fuck about what Pep did at Bayern and Man City even though I find their football entertaining to watch, but ultimately he will be a rival in the CL, but I'm not going to act like a disgruntled ex-girlfriend who will downplay his stature and achievements just because I'm struggling to move on from the fact that there is life after Barca too.

Wait till Xavi takes over one day. He will leave after max 5 years himself, because that's how long a manager at a top club should stay now with the way modern football have developed with so many competitions, games, constant high pressure with people getting burned out due to all the stress that comes with it.

If you think we're ever going to see a Ferguson and Wenger again, you're delusional. And while we talk about Ferguson, did you see the squad he left after him? Man Utd was a total mess and do I need to talk about Arsenal in its current state?

Last edited:

bismp

The barca to which bayern lost to was missing robbery in the first leg and that was a deadly barca back then. The atletico tie was won by atletico by the classic park the bus tactics which even we have struggled to beat and any team would find tough to surmount. Don't know what went so wrong in the RM tie though but RM was very strong too back then.

What went wrong with RM?Pep went wrong,it was that simple.Ask any Bayern fan and he’ll tell you that they hold Pep responsible for not winning any CL after 2013.They were rightfully considered favorites,you’re lying to yourself if you think otherwise.They may not spend too much,but at the time they had the best squad in Europe.They lost to RM because Pep is obsessed with following his philosophy,even when it is not suitable.RM killed them on the counter.Against Barca he instructed his players to go in a full attacking mode at the 80th minute which resulted in Neymar scoring in the counter,instead of keeping the 2-0 deficit and try to overcome it in Munich.

Furthermore,he was been a prick whether you like it or not.He sold Eto’o(one of the best players in the 09 team) and would not speak to him afterwards.He would not greet Zlatan either.Too many stories were revealed during his Bayern years,but i’ll never forget that he sold the club legend Schweinsteiger to MU.The moment he arrived at MC he started disrespecting club legends like Toure and Hart.He claimed that he would never get a player from Barcelona,yet he bought Bravo,whom at the time was considered to be a vital part of the team.And too many other stories that i don’t recall now.

DonAK

Bravo and ter Stegen could never co-exist together for another season. ter Stegen told the club to choose and the club luckily chose him while many on this forum wanted to keep Bravo and thought MAtS was a fraud.

He didn't disrespect Yaya Toure. He disrespected Man City over a fucking birthday cake with his agent mouthing off all the time. He seem to be happy at Man City now and even took a paycut to stay and play under Pep. Must have felt so disrespected. Joe Hart was never good enough as you can see right now and was too big of an influence in the dressing room being such a mediocre player. He also thought he was too good to train a new skill or getting better at it.

Schweinsteiger left of his own free will because he wasn't good enough anymore and has never blamed anyone for it as far as I can recall, and where is he now anyway? In the MLS? He was finished after the 2014 WC. You're overstating Pep's influence in Bayern as far as transfers goes. They couldn't even keep the one player he desperately wanted to keep in Toni Kroos because their directors were too proud and stubborn.

The Zlatan-Eto'o debacle was obviously bad, but he's obviously learned from it having become more experienced as a manager. I'm not saying he's a saint or a great person, but to paint him as a villain and make up shit to suit your argument and narrative is not only lazy, but also foolish.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

That birthday cake thing with Toure was long before Pep went to City and Pep tried to take Ter Stegen who the club rightfully rated the better of the two going forward.

Toure just got old on a fat contract and wouldnt leave. That is not on Pep.

Ter Stegen was not seen as a fraud at all back then.

Not that Pep trying to take him means anything anyway.

DonAK

That birthday cake thing with Toure was long before Pep went to City and Pep tried to take Ter Stegen who the club rightfully rated the better of the two going forward.

Toure just got old on a fat contract and wouldnt leave. That is not on Pep.

Ter Stegen was not seen as a fraud at all back then.

Not that Pep trying to take him means anything anyway.

Obviously not, but don't you remember the flamewars on this forum? After the Neymar thread, the ter Stegen thread was the biggest dumpster fire on the forum with Bravo being made out to be Neo from Matrix and ter Stegen some dud from Spongebob that couldn't save anything and was destined to fail.

Bravo and ter Stegen could not continue for another year. Good for us the club chose ter Stegen and sold Man City Bravo instead.

25 years old ter Stegen is now a top 3 GK in the World and probably surpassed Bravo's legacy at Barcelona already while Bravo declined quicker than any GK I've seen.

The point about legends: Legends are not supposed to be able to piss all over the club and do whatever they want and frankly be a cancer. Respect goes both ways.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Obviously not, but don't you remember the flamewars on this forum? After the Neymar thread, the ter Stegen thread was the biggest dumpster fire on the forum with Bravo being made out to be Neo from Matrix and ter Stegen some dud from Spongebob that couldn't save anything and was destined to fail.

The point about legends: Legends are not supposed to be able to piss all over the club and do whatever they want and frankly be a cancer. Respect goes both ways.

A lot of folk preferred Bravo and thought it the wrong decision but not all that much because TS was seen as a fraud.

Was fairly clear at time club were doing the right thing though.

DonAK

A lot of folk preferred Bravo and thought it the wrong decision but not all that much because TS was seen as a fraud.

Was fairly clear at time club were doing the right thing though.

Several people on here thought he was a fraud. Just need to go through his thread and read the comments again.

Yes, it was the most obvious decision they could make.

jamrock

Why are people making a big fuss over pep not naming a kid to the bench, saying pep of all managers isn't giving the youth a chance, really lol.

Especially given that he even played diaz for a good 20 minutes.

JamDav1982

Why are people making a big fuss over pep not naming a kid to the bench, saying pep of all managers isn't giving the youth a chance, really lol.

Especially given that he even played diaz for a good 20 minutes.

Because it is so transparent that he is playing the martyr as he has done a lot recently.

Could easily name a youngster to take that place.

JamDav1982

Several people on here thought he was a fraud. Just need to go through his thread and read the comments again.

Yes, it was the most obvious decision they could make.

Already have and that is not something I can be see being said at time Bravo left.

Home of Barca Fans