Pep Guardiola

ini4ever

Yea, well, of course you don't spend loads when you have the likes of Messi in your team. That's common logic. Let's see post Barca shall we? Find a chart in the last 3-4 years. I suspect Pep is in top 5. Hell, he spent over half of what he spent at Barcelona and Bayern combined in a single transfer window at City.

He surely is, Im not saying he doesn't spend money much, because every single TOP manager would do. but you said Most managers don't have that kind of luxury situation.

he spent over half of what he spent at Barcelona and Bayern combined in a single transfer window at City I don't get your point, Is that weird ? Mou has also spent €175M this season, He spent €118M for two season in Inter. I don't know but just said it maybe you're gonna calculate something out of this.

Ekul

As I said, if a manager comes in and says he doesn't need Iniesta and loans him out to some C level team, while he brings Kante instead of him because said manager likes strong players, he'll be the enemy of the state in Barcelona, and he'd be excluded by the locker room right away. It wouldn't be like "all he's done is not pick him".

Difference: Iniesta is one of the greatest players of all time, and would walk into pretty much any other team in World Football. Joe Hart went to Torino. On loan.

Last edited:

Ekul

All big clubs have money. All of the best managers go to the big clubs. Why wouldn't they spend it bringing in better players to improve their teams?

"Guendogan? Nah, you're alright Sheikh, we'll stick with Delph. I don't like spending money."

El Flaco

Peter Schmeichel's quotes about Pep

On Pep's time at Bayern Munchen

He was okay at Bayern Munich. I have to say he was okay. For me, personally, he changed a really good, entertaining team to be become more boring to watch. Whereas Bayern before were very direct, they won the treble, had quick players and were exciting to watch, he [Guardiola] made them play more square. He changed the players, but you can't argue with his results.

On Pep's time at Barca

With Pep, he comes in with an incredible reputation. What he did with Barcelona was fantastic, his work was fantastic, but he was also very lucky he had the players to bring in the philosophy that he has in football

On Pep's philosophy

So whereas [former United manager] Alex Ferguson's first priority was 'we have to be able to score goals' - for most coaches that's the priority - with Pep it's possession, I want to have as much possession as possible.

So the philosophy goes to 'I want to have so much possession that at some point we'll score a goal from that, the goals will come from possession' and that's his philosophy.

That's what we'll see at Manchester City or he's going to introduce that. He was very lucky he had the players at Barcelona but he was clever in what he did.

On Premier League

The Premier League is a completely different to any other in the world. It just goes on and on and on, you feel it never stops, even in March you have 12 games to go, you think will this ever stop?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ing-and-lucky-united-derby-jose-a7230436.html

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Quote making the rounds now about the possibility of coaching a NT in the future, Guardiola names the 3 teams that intrigue him as coach - Argentina, Brasil & El Tri

City still has some work, understandably considering Pep and they've been together for 1-2 months, but this City is becoming quite scary.

I was watching this BMG game and City had 47% possession at half, I was shocked, Pep played a lot on the counter and they were lethal to the point when BMG won corners they had 2 payers in the box and the rest outside to avoid getting caught off counters. I guess their encounter against us in those two legs will give us a better idea of were they are, but so far they're headed in the right direction.

i_bleed_blaugrana

What impresses me the most is how he's gotten them to play the football he wants so quickly. Figured it would take a while for the players to really understand what he wants because of how tactically demanding he is.

The man really is remarkable. I just wish we could both go through in the top seeds just so I can enjoy the two legs and not be so worried about the result. Will definitely be the toughest games we've had against them.

They just better hope Messi doesn't make Pep do this on the sideline:
barcelona-vs-manchester-city-1-0-364x245.jpg

serghei

It helped that City was the most latin team in The PL even before Pep came. They has spells of playing great attacking football in the not to distant past as well with Pellegrini. Pep didn't exactly changed everything from ground zero imho. Some of the fundamental things were already there in some degree.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pep Effect, still early but the impact is enormous - English fans & media beginning to see him for the footballing revolutionary he is and opponents will come to fear City

JamDav1982

Pep Effect, still early but the impact is enormous - English fans & media beginning to see him for the footballing revolutionary he is and opponents will come to fear City

Pep for years has been seen like that in England.

Supporters of virtually every top club were drooling over prospect of having him as manager and they knew what he would bring as did the media etc.

This idea that the fans in EPL are close minded and have had eyes opened by Pep is just cliched nonsense. The vast majority know exactly what he brought to Barcelona and Bayern and what he would bring to their clubs and league.

Home of Barca Fans