Pep Guardiola

i_bleed_blaugrana

All honesty though, it makes the most sense for him to go there. This is a club with a limited history and he can be the man who writes it for them. Plus the Premier League is the ultimate challenge for any manager, and you know Pep wants to prove himself.

And to be honest, I have a feeling Bayern could be on the verge of a bit of identity crisis here soon. That team is aging, a vital part of the team is Thiago and his future there will surely be in doubt if Pep leaves. Müller is the only player they can count on long term to build around. Whoever takes the helm after him will not be in an enviable position. I really think Klopp was their man to take over after Pep but Liverpool needed him more and sooner and now they are caught.

So I think this will be Bayern's best chance of winning CL with this current squad because a rebuild is going to be necessary soon for them, which is why us winning this season could be so vital in confirming our supremacy in this current era. If we defend the CL this season and keep Neymar here, this team will continue to be feared throughout Europe and every top talent (like Neymar and I think soon Pogba) will do backflips through burning hoops to sign for us.

And no one can compete with that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I
All honesty though, it makes the most sense for him to go there. This is a club with a limited history and he can be the man who writes it for them. Plus the Premier League is the ultimate challenge for any manager, and you know Pep wants to prove himself.

And to be honest, I have a feeling Bayern could be on the verge of a bit of identity crisis here soon. That team is aging, a vital part of the team is Thiago and his future there will surely be in doubt if Pep leaves. Müller is the only player they can count on long term to build around. Whoever takes the helm after him will not be in an enviable position. I really think Klopp was their man to take over after Pep but Liverpool needed him more and sooner and now they are caught.

So I think this will be Bayern's best chance of winning CL with this current squad because a rebuild is going to be necessary soon for them, which is why us winning this season could be so vital in confirming our supremacy in this current era. If we defend the CL this season and keep Neymar here, this team will continue to be feared throughout Europe and every top talent (like Neymar and I think soon Pogba) will do backflips through burning hoops to sign for us.

And no one can compete with that.

They have successfully replaced Robbery with Douglas Costa and Coman, while both Robben and Ribery still have some gas left in their tank to offer; Lewandowski is at the prime of his career and he is going nowhere; in the midfield they still have Thiago, Goetze (who has had a better season before getting injured), Kimmich (supposed to be the future Bastian Schweinsteiger), Rode, Gaudino (a very talented kid that reminded me of Xavi), Hojboerg or however you spell that who are very very young players. They are done with rebuilding already and there is no reason why their chances of winning the CL will be diminished or reduced after this season.

Last edited:

Alik

If Pep wanted to prove himself, then he would go for the other Manchester club. Man City will probably win the league this year, so he would just be joining the champions, just as he did with Bayern.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I

They have successfully replaced Robbery with Douglas Costa and Coman, while both Robben and Ribery still have some gas left in their tank to offer; Lewandowski is at the prime of his career and he is going nowhere; in the midfield they still have Thiago, Goetze (who has had a better season before getting injured), Kimmich (supposed to be the future Bastian Schweinsteiger), Rode, Gaudino (a very talented kid that reminded me of Xavi), Hojboerg or however you spell that who are very very young players. They are done with rebuilding already and there is no reason why their chances of winning the CL will be diminished or reduced after this season.

Robbery best years are behind them man, and granted I'm not saying they are going to pull a Chelsea or anything but it's just they have a rather eclectic squad right now and it's working now because Pep is the glue. Thiago, Coman, Vidal, Costa, I think the biggest reason why these players went there was to be coached by Pep and if he leaves, I question whether these players will be as successful under a different coach as they are now.

Müller and Götze are the best players they can build around but I wouldn't count Coman, Thiago and Costa as long term players there for the reason I just mentioned. They have money too so a good window or two could smoothen this transition out, but I just think that Bayern will struggle a bit after Pep, which will give Barça a chance to out some distance between them. And for me, Bayern is our biggest threat currently and I'm glad it's then instead of Real. They play the game right.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If Pep wanted to prove himself, then he would go for the other Manchester club. Man City will probably win the league this year, so he would just be joining the champions, just as he did with Bayern.

Spot on. Sadly, he is chasing personal glory from the looks of it. We are in debt to him, don't get me wrong but he has no interest to stay anywhere long term.

I look at Klopp and admire the guy, Pep is brilliant too but can't see anything special in him since he left us.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pep won't go to a team that doesn't have a high chance of dominating in league and europe. So United no chance.

Convenient that the basis for this conclusion is only from one case...you're going to be wrong quite often in life employing logic like this

barcafan161

Convenient that the basis for this conclusion is only from one case...you're going to be wrong quite often in life employing logic like this

Comparing day to day life on an opinion on where Pep goes? really? are you really going to come up with something that odd?

You really think Pep goes somewhere that is not one of the top favourites to do well in europe? He will go somewhere that money can be spend, there is very good talent there and where he can turn that talent from very good to winners. The kind of project thats perfect for him is Man City.

Should he stay at Bayern? I think so yes. I would think He would want/need to bring them the champions league title. If he does that then I see him leaving. Maybe he does that this year. As sadly for him he has failed at the semi finals each year at Bayern for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You're drawing sweeping generalisations from one example, so yes no way to go through life thinking like this

barcafan161

You're drawing sweeping generalisations from one example, so yes no way to go through life thinking like this

It's called an opinion on where he will likely go and I don't expect him to go anywhere that doesn't give him a high chance at success. That goes for all top managers aside from Klopp. So your point or lack there of is completely off base.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He told ARD that he will let his decision be known next week whether he will renew with Bayern or not, after today's DFB Pokal game against Darmstadt.

Man, he is going to renew with them, I knew it. :(

Home of Barca Fans