Pep Guardiola

BibB

Id play a variable 3-4-3 one that could switch to a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2 when needed

-----------------------VV
--------Mascherano---Pique---Puyol
-Alves-------------Busquets
------------Xavi---------------Iniesta
----------Messi------Cesc-------------Alexis

Alves covering the right flank as more of a RB and going forward when possible and Alexis tracking back covering the left.
Mascherano and Puyol can provide commanding steel in defence to cover Christina n Dive Maria
Pique Puhing up, Busquets dropping back. Everyone else doing their thing.
Then through the course of the game introduce Thiago for Iniesta, Villa for Cesc and if Alexis looks tired bring on Pedro

E

estranged

How the hell did we play so well and won that game with Milito in a 3-men defense and Maxwell playing and no Don?!

true but you must remember that was pellegrini's Real and this Mourinho's real, he will play a conservative line up and look to hurt us on the counters as he did in the copa del rey final (especially from the wings) hence the reason why I don't think a 3 man defense is a good idea for now.

Maria

Id play a variable 3-4-3 one that could switch to a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2 when needed

-----------------------VV
--------Mascherano---Pique---Puyol
-Alves-------------Busquets
------------Xavi---------------Iniesta
----------Messi------Cesc-------------Alexis

Alves covering the right flank as more of a RB and going forward when possible and Alexis tracking back covering the left.
Mascherano and Puyol can provide commanding steel in defence to cover Christina n Dive Maria
Pique Puhing up, Busquets dropping back. Everyone else doing their thing.
Then through the course of the game introduce Thiago for Iniesta, Villa for Cesc and if Alexis looks tired bring on Pedro

That's what I would like too, but with Abidal instead of Puyol and maybe Villa instead of Cesc(depending of form and because Cesc can make a difference comming as a sub, unlike Villa)..plus I'm not so sure that a 3-4-3 wouldn't be a disaster against Madrid(actually I am). It would be better to stick to the 4-3-3 and switch to 3-5-2 only if the game permits us.

Ultimately, the players are the ones that make a system, so I hope that everyone will perform well(including Pep). And if all fails :messi: will save us :D(or at least I hope so :icon_neutral:).

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
:pep:

"The most important match is always the next one, against Levante. I want my team to stay as consistent as possible ..."

"it all comes down to one thing, playing your game and trying to win ... I don't want to waste my time talking about things that don't depend on us."

"You can always get behind in sport, When you are behind, you must have the ambition of trying to catch the leader. It's normal. "

"Sometimes you can't do it, but if we weren't trying, we'd be doing wrong. However, that is not the case. There is nothing odd about being behind such a strong team."

"Levante were a strong, physical side last year, they started the season well and that's taken off some of the pressure."

"But this is a good chance for us to build a gap between us and them."

"If the Competition Committee had decided he should get two games, then he would have been rested for two."

"If they said three, it would be three. We go by whatever the Committee decides. We always have,"

"getting yellow cards deliberately or resting players? If we did that, then I would never have played Alves in the Champions League when we still hadn't secured top spot,"[barcastuff]

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Guardiola: "If you don't control the game, a defense with three can indeed cause problems. And you can't control 90 minutes against Madrid."

Hope this means a 4-3-3 vs Real...

M

mitkoa7x

3 defenders against merda = manita for them... just look at what Valencia did to us, and they dont have RM's potential...

Vegy

3 defenders against merda = manita for them... just look at what Valencia did to us, and they dont have RM's potential...

Against Valencia, we had 4 defenders, but not a right sided winger. Alves was left alone against a winger and an offensive fullback.

I think there's no doubt we'll line up with a 4-3-3 formation. The BIGGEST problem against Madrid will be a mental one, not physical/tactical. They are in form, confident, 6 points ahead of us and stronger than they've ever been. Our team, meanwhile, hasn't been that consistent this term and are under more pressure than Madrid going into this match. In my opinion, it will be, without a doubt, the strongest team this team has ever encountered.

But the positive thing is, we know what we're facing and we have more than enough time to prepare for it. :pep:

Maria

Pep: "Lo importante esta semana es que Sarkozy y Merkel salven el Euro, no el Clásico".
Pep: "The most important thing this week it's that Sarkozy and Merkel save the Euro, not El Clasico."

:pep:

M

mitkoa7x

Hahaha reminds me of "The world economy is in crisis, not me" from Messi :worthy:

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Pep talking about women with Isaac Cuenca. They speak in catalan but the subtitles are from a spanish TV:

Pep: "I didn't know you had girlfriend, when I talked I didn't think about it. Where did you get her? Did you meet her when you were in the misery, when you were doing mundane tasks and she felt in love with you? That girl worths it because from today all girls you meet will be interested in your money."

Great coach but better philosopher. :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans