Pedro Rodriguez

Zangash

Banned
Has he actually left yet or are we just hoping?

I haven't heard anything more concrete than "X is considering making a bid" which isn't anything more than what we hear every summer after he's gotten minimal playing time.

Vilarrubi

Would he have a similar impact as Sanchez?

Sanchez is quite a bit the better player isn't he?

Sanchez is better, Arsenal Sanchez is better than Barca Sanchez because he has freedom to do what he wants. He would rather keep possession and pass back while at Barca which made him impotent at times, at Arsenal and with Chile obviously a different story where he has a free role.

Sanchez is better, Arsenal Sanchez is better than Barca Sanchez because he has freedom to do what he wants. He would rather keep possession and pass back while at Barca which made him impotent at times, at Arsenal and with Chile obviously a different story where he has a free role.

I would state that even with the increased freedom and importance Sanchez has never been as good as peak pedro. Not to say that Pedro will for sure get back to his prime level but if he were to achieve that i'd rate him higher than current Sanchez. But also we have to remember that Sanchez and Pedro are two fundamentally different players even though positionally they occupy the same space. Sanchez is a creative force where as pedro is a Forward/Goalscorer type, Sanchez is more of a Hazard-type whereas Pedro is more like Ronaldo.

mazp

Well, it looks like his time is almost up at Barca. Was hoping he would at least stay till Jan, but what can you do. Good player, hard worker, who scored some important goals thru the years, won a ton of trophies, but was never going to be a full time starter, especially with MSN around. Good luck to him at United.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Again, anything concrete? Did Manchester United trigger the release clause or what?

Last time I heard, they were going to bid 25m euros, which we might not accept.

Zangash

Banned
Better hope none of MSN, Rakitic, Alves get injured in the next 6 months, or we're screwed.

What? If we have an injury to any of MSN we're screwed no matter who we play up front. Pedro does not have any capacity for carrying us in games the way those three so often do.

Pedro isn't a midfielder by any stretch of the imagination so Rakitic getting injured would mean we need to rely on Rafinha, Samper, or Roberto.

And I can only possibly imagine you mentioned Alves here because you still think Pedro can somehow play RB despite not having a single game there under his belt, which is unfounded. If Alves gets injured we're more likely to play a CB there than shoehorn Pedro into the role.

Alik

What? If we have an injury to any of MSN we're screwed no matter who we play up front. Pedro does not have any capacity for carrying us in games the way those three so often do.

Pedro isn't a midfielder by any stretch of the imagination so Rakitic getting injured would mean we need to rely on Rafinha, Samper, or Roberto.

And I can only possibly imagine you mentioned Alves here because you still think Pedro can somehow play RB despite not having a single game there under his belt, which is unfounded. If Alves gets injured we're more likely to play a CB there than shoehorn Pedro into the role.

I didn't mean Pedro is meant to replace all of those players. I just listed all the areas where we might have problems, and with Pedro leaving it just piles up on that.

Now with regards to MSN, I think it is an entirely different matter to have Pedro as backup, which we have been used to for various seasons, and having Munir/Sandro instead. Pedro doesn't have to "carry the team" to be an adequate back-up. But I know you don't like him so might as well cut the discussion short.

Irish_Cules

I'm a bit confused about this saga because he is only being linked with United and Chelsea, both where he would be in no way a certain starter. It seems that he is happy at Barca and the only reason he wants to leave is to play regularly so neither of these clubs really make sense.

Co0ter

I'm a bit confused about this saga because he is only being linked with United and Chelsea, both where he would be in no way a certain starter. It seems that he is happy at Barca and the only reason he wants to leave is to play regularly so neither of these clubs really make sense.

I agree. He won't be a starter cemented starter at man u or chelsea, but he will NEVER start over a healthy msn

Co0ter

Please explain to me who is better, or even as good, as Pedro and will come to our club and be willing to sit on the bench unless its to rest one of MSN or play a cup match? Are we going to sign some young starlet and they are going to be ok with sitting on the bench....? Munir and Sandro are the best we got in La Masia at the moment and according to you they are as good or worse than Pedro. So really, what is our ideal option?

Pedro has proven that he is a solid sub. He can come into the game and while not bringing the magic our starting three do....who exactly out there can we buy and will walk into Barca and NOT be a drop in quality compared to MSN? We could buy HUGE name players like DiMaria or Aguero and they would STILL be a big downgrade from our starting front three...then imagine if we signed one of them, are they ok sitting on the bench?! Lol no way man. That leaves room for a not quite big name player, not a star talent...but can step in and keep the flow of the game and be comfortable in our system..

Basically....Pedro.

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

I agree. He won't be a starter cemented starter at man u or chelsea, but he will NEVER start over a healthy msn

Ye he'd have more of a chance and he would definitely play more. He's the type of player both Van Gaal and Mourinho would love to have; hard working, good positional play, fast etc. Still, when it comes to the biggest games I'm not sure he'd start for either team.

Home of Barca Fans