Pedro Rodriguez

Zangash

Banned
Pedro would absolutely start for any EPL team save Chelsea.

And even then, he would probably get a fair amount of playing time. He's a tremendous player when he gets a run-out every week. It's ludicrous to me that people rate him so low, particularly after all he's given to Barca.

He got a run out every week during Pep's last season and under Tito and those two seasons were when we basically realized he was bad enough for us to need an entirely new front line to play with Messi.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I actually agree with many posters that Pedro would probably walk into any starting 11 in EPL. He's a great player in the right system. But in Barca, lately our forwards are isolated and everything is centered around Messi and to a lesser extent Neymar - Pedro doesn't really fit in if our midfield doesn't supply him. Both Messi and Neymar can drop a player, or even 2 and 3 players - Pedro would be hard pressed of he was to dribble even one. Also, he has been very average since 3 seasons now and I could count his great games on one hand - something has happened but I can't really put my finger on what it is. Fact is though, almost every time he starts a game he doesn't perform. At this point would be better if he moved on, for his own sake. We had an awesome time together up until 3 seasons ago, but things have changed - bring in Vietto I say!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bojan made it in EPL. Bojan.
People who think Pedro can't are either trolling or don't understand anything about football.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I don't think anyone thinks Pedro wouldn't succeed (although Bojan making it doesn't mean that much, look at Soldado, Falcao, etc.), but he wouldn't start for Arsenal or City.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I don't think anyone thinks Pedro wouldn't succeed (although Bojan making it doesn't mean that much, look at Soldado, Falcao, etc.), but he wouldn't start for Arsenal or City.

If he could regain some of his confidence and old form, I'd say why not?

F

Flavia

I think he could start for Arsenal. From your lineup in the last 2 games, I'd put him in place of Welbeck.

Zangash

Banned
Bojan made it in EPL. Bojan.
People who think Pedro can't are either trolling or don't understand anything about football.

Even Deulofeu made Arsenal his bitch in just a few short sub minutes in both games against them, at 19.

There is so much space in afforded to attackers in the BPL that most of our underperforming forwards could destroy that league.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I think he could start for Arsenal. From your lineup in the last 2 games, I'd put him in place of Welbeck.

If he could get in form, then yeah I'd play him over Welbeck, but I like in-form Walcott over in-form Pedro. But the thing is, Pedro hasn't been in his MVP form for a very long time, saying "if he gets back to that" is a very big if.

El Guaje

He'd walk into the starting lineups of any EPL team's starting lineup, except for Chelsea.

HA! Who would he kick out of their XI after doing f*ck all since Barca won CL last time? He wouldn't start in any of Chelsea, United, City, Arsenal or Liverpool XI, let alone WALK into it, as you put it.

Better to just sell him and invest in another player.

Last edited:

CesDel

That Pedro who was a part of the best team ever? Yeah, I think so.

Thats an entirely different Pedro. If it would be the same Pedro, then for starters we wouldn't even be talking about selling him.

And if we are rating how good a player is for how well he played years ago, then maybe we should re-signed Maradona and Ronaldinho? I mean, its Maradona and Ronaldinho that we are talkimg about!

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm watching Arsenal-Liverpool with one eye at the moment, Pedro would be beasting in both teams if he would regain 90% of his old form...

Mido

Pedro is a starter at any EPL team apart from Chelsea.

But can he still regain his form after rusting on he bench this season ?

mark1nhu

He can be a starter at almost EPL teams, but people here seems to think that he will shine as the last miracle at the league.

No, he will not. He will be what he always was: a supportive player (a good one indeed, if he gains his form back).

Home of Barca Fans