Pedro Rodriguez

BBZ8800

See, ridiculous hyperbole (or just unrelenting stupidity?) like this is exactly the reason some people started to exaggerate Alexis' already good performances.

Yo, tricky.
I came on this forum when Alexis was already delivering sex and when his cult was singing and holding hands around the fire on wednesdays.

So, my responses were only a response to the cult.

Both sides existed long before that.

CatalinR10

1. he delivered sex 3 times, rolleyes
2. had 12-13 tap ins
3. and 1000s of wrong decisions, horrible passes, problems in running with a ball without falling and similar

And his numbers are almost equal to Pedro's.
And still, you want to give a chance to Munir and Adama.

Why haven't you asked from Alexis to go away and make room for Sandro?

The goals scored against Real and Atletico made me put him miles away from Pedro last season , not to mention his overall performances. His numbers are close to Pedro but that doesn't say much since numbers are sometime deceiving. I could say that Cesc is better than Iniesta cause he has better stats but we both know that's not the case. It's the same with Alexis - Pedro.

Seriously , don't compare Pedro to Alexis . It's like Messi being compared to some player who is 2 times less the player he is.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
By "Midnight on Fridays" do you mean early Friday morning or late Friday night? Always a grey area for me :lol:

When I say Midnight on Fridays, I'm referring to 12:00 AM on Saturday, because everybody would have to gather at the Temple of Alexis a few hours earlier.

BerkeleyBernie

Off topic, if I may, might I suggest that you add a hint of Ray Hudson to your signature and change it to "Perfectly Magisterial Strikeforce."

:D Hehe, good call. It, of course, was a satirical poking fun at your sig (hence the self-sabotaging choice of "PMS" of the order of the letters).

My personal view is I don't care who plays, as long as they play for the team in the "Barça way." Good ball control, movement, measured risk taking, and attempting to construct team goals through excellent passing. This first game was a fantastic return to Barça values, and I hope it continues. To be frank, from what little I've seen of Munir so far, I prefer his La Masia touch over Neymar, but we need to see more of him to really be able to judge his talent and potential.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
:D Hehe, good call. It, of course, was a satirical poking fun at your sig (hence the self-sabotaging choice of "PMS" of the order of the letters).

My personal view is I don't care who plays, as long as they play for the team in the "Barça way." Good ball control, movement, measured risk taking, and attempting to construct team goals through excellent passing. This first game was a fantastic return to Barça values, and I hope it continues. To be frank, from what little I've seen of Munir so far, I prefer his La Masia touch over Neymar, but we need to see more of him to really be able to judge his talent and potential.

I don't see why you're hating on Neymar so badly. Even a blind man can see he provides more than Munir right now. Is it because his arrival spelled immediate doom for Pedro's career as a Barca player?

BerkeleyBernie

I don't see why you're hating on Neymar so badly. Even a blind man can see he provides more than Munir right now. Is it because his arrival spelled immediate doom for Pedro's career as a Barca player?

Neymar is new to La Liga and Barça style, so how much he improves remains to be seen. I've stated many times why I'm not a Neymar fan yet- basically he's an open field direct player trying to adapt to the Barça close quick-touch game (which is what I find appealing and why I watch Barça). His touches and passes are heavy and not as refined as his teammates. Tata's tactics were more direct (which I found pretty ugly), so Neymar's lack of refinement was par for the course. This season looks like a return to the short inside passing game, so we'll see how he fares.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Seriously , don't compare Pedro to Alexis . It's like Messi being compared to some player who is 2 times less the player he is.

images

FC B

So, Alexis, the biggest flop in the universe, scored 47 Goals in 134 appearances for Barca, and he was hailed here as the greatest man who ever lived.
Anyone who doubted his "talent" (lol) was an idiot.

On the other hand, Pedro scored 41 Goals in 138 appearances in the same period when Alexis was here, and he is hated by most of the fans.
Also, whoever defends him, talks crap.
Plus, he should go away and make room for guys like Adama and Sandro.
Not too much difference between those two, but one is a God, and the other one is the the biggest "crap" of a player.

Lol. There is no unreasonable bias on this forum and extreme overrating of some players.

+1
Ofc he wasn't the biggest flop but hey, the fanatism many showed here for him was unacceptable for what he played even in his last season here...

I guess many of them now turned against Pedro now.
And yeah, Pedro played shit in his last two seasons.

Last edited:

Science Kid

The goals scored against Real and Atletico made me put him miles away from Pedro last season , not to mention his overall performances. His numbers are close to Pedro but that doesn't say much since numbers are sometime deceiving. I could say that Cesc is better than Iniesta cause he has better stats but we both know that's not the case. It's the same with Alexis - Pedro.

Peak Pedro is twice the player Alexis was or will ever be.Better passer,better goalscorer,smarter decision maker,better defensively.

I'm endlessly happy he's not here anymore so i won't be able to read the countless excuses that he's just about to blossom.He was a mistaken transfer and good riddance to him.

El Guaje

Peak Pedro is twice the player Alexis was or will ever be.Better passer,better goalscorer,smarter decision maker,better defensively.

I'm endlessly happy he's not here anymore so i won't be able to read the countless excuses that he's just about to blossom.He was a mistaken transfer and good riddance to him.

Alexis of Udinese is easily a superior player over a peak Pedro. Out of everything you mentioned, only better scorer might be true even if that actually wasnt the case the last 2 years.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Alexis of Udinese is easily a superior player over a peak Pedro.

Alexis at Udinese was the main man in a team that never came up against parked buses the way Barca/Pedro have always had to.

Hard to compare his time there to a peak Pedro.

Other way to look at it could be peak Pedro was an important player in a top CL winning team - Sanchez never has been.

Home of Barca Fans