Pedro Rodriguez

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's been missed, particularly with no Alexis to alternate with him...Just goes to show how much more difficult scoring becomes without those two wide players

tiki-taka

He's a great player to have in the squad nevertheless, it's not just about his goals

Pedro's great positioning makes me always yell at xavi or iniesta to give a throughball to him. I'd prefer Pedro more than David Villa but like someone else mentioned before he needs to get back his confidence. Hopefully Guardiola puts AMP (Alexis, Messi, Pedro) up front when playing important games and when they play against weaker clubs David Villa for Pedro or Alexis and sometimes Cuenca.

El Guaje

Pedro's great positioning makes me always yell at xavi or iniesta to give a throughball to him. I'd prefer Pedro more than David Villa but like someone else mentioned before he needs to get back his confidence. Hopefully Guardiola puts AMP (Alexis, Messi, Pedro) up front when playing important games and when they play against weaker clubs David Villa for Pedro or Alexis and sometimes Cuenca.

Makes no sense at all as David Villa has been better by miles than Pedro since the season started and he is actually scoring some goals.

tiki-taka

Makes no sense at all as David Villa has been better by miles than Pedro since the season started and he is actually scoring some goals.

David Villa's finishing is just poor lately as if he needs at least 3 chances to score a goal and every time when he confronts a defender on the far left he hardly cant get through. Noticed Cuenca how he passes by a defender with ease and how he finished off his first goal for the first team easily with only 1 chance?

Pedro should get more minutes and beside we also need a youthfull squad because david villa is turning 30 this year so I don't think he should get more minutes than Pedro but if he does keep up with his form and excels on the field then the answer is clear who Pep should pick out.

tiki-taka

I think with el clasico coming soon Pep may choose AMP as starting 11 since Real Madrid uses forwarders under 27 year so I hope that Pedro gets in the three weeks to come more minutes so that his old form returns and that he is ready to face RM along with the squad.

What I expect of the el clasico, Pep surprisingly change of tactics. First adapting to tiki-taka and then after like 5 or 10 minutes when spaces have been cleared on the left or right sides while they are in their own field, Alexis for example must run into the free space on the left or right in order to get the ball played to him while Messi, Cesc, iniesta and Pedro run at the same time with him in this way they adapt to Real Madrid's favourite tactics which is a full blown counter attack while doing this repeatedly in the first 25 minutes and then when they are in the lead changing back to tiki-taka style of play.

Last edited:

El Guaje

David Villa's finishing is just poor lately as if he needs at least 3 chances to score a goal and every time when he confronts a defender on the far left he hardly cant get through. Noticed Cuenca how he passes by a defender with ease and how he finished off his first goal for the first team easily with only 1 chance?

Pedro should get more minutes and beside we also need a youthfull squad because david villa is turning 30 this year so I don't think he should get more minutes than Pedro but if he does keep up with his form and excels on the field then the answer is clear who Pep should pick out.

David Villas finishing may have been poor, but how is Pedro doing then? Its not like he is doing any better.

Villa is 29 yeah, does it really matter? A player should start ahead of the other based on how he performs and Villa has easily been performing better than Pedro and therefore he should start ahead of Pedro. If you want to choose players by looking at age, yeah, lets bench Xavi & Iniesta and play Thiago and Fabregas since they are younger than Xavi (32?) and Iniesta (27).
Look ad Di Natale, he is like 35 and is scoring goals for fun in Udinese. Henry at 08/09 was older than 30 and he was also great. The age isnt a problem...

Cuenca has been good yeah, but I still dont think he can compete for a starting position. Alexis is the better player and even Pedro, who is out of form, is ahead of him in the pecking order. And when Afellay comes back from his injury...

MacBoss

He should start next game! My starting attacking trio would be Sanchez - Messi - Pedro ... with Villa subbing Messi in halftime ..

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
:pedro: - :messi: - :alexis:

9746.jpg

Home of Barca Fans