Paulinho

Said he had bad experience at Spurs and just wanted to go somewhere trusted to try and revive career.

As far as I remember Spurs didnt play him the way Brazil do and Barca have they tried to involve him more in midfield and didnt suit him.

You're not going to revive your career in China. On the contrary, that's a great way to kill your career. You may as well announce your retirement.

He should have taken a pay cut to go to another club in Europe. He's already shown that he's willing to do so so it made no sense at all for him to go to China.

JamDav1982

You're not going to revive your career in China. On the contrary, that's a great way to kill your career. You may as well announce your retirement.

He should have taken a pay cut to go to another club in Europe. He's already shown that he's willing to do so so it made no sense at all for him to go to China.

He just did revive his career in China. Both at club level and intl.

El Flaco

GIFs for some of Paulinho's highlights from his game vs. Eibar

[gfy]SecondhandUnnaturalEmu[/gfy]

[gfy]BountifulFineLeopard[/gfy]

[gfy]DelightfulBlandCaiman[/gfy]

JamDav1982

Not at the club level. Had we not come along, he'd probably play there or in other retirement leagues (MLS etc) for the rest of his career. If anything we gave him a chance to revive his career.

Yes at club level. Got move to Barcelona and his club form got him back in Brazil team.

It worked for him to go there and revived his career.

Nothanks

you know i sympathize with his experience in tottenham
ever since Giovanni dos Santos was treated horribly there i lost respect for that club..

giovanni played his best football for mexico while being sideline for a full year because the dick Redknapp didn't like him.. that was the same year giovanni scored that beauty of a goal vs usa in the final lol

Paulinho was too expensive for Brazilian teams and if you "fail" at fucking tottenham where can you go? Would you get him then? Also, it was after the 7-1. brazilians players got severely undervalued and I bet a lot of them got down psychologically as well.

Spurs had just hired dozen of players after selling Nale and when the Portuguese coach that asked for him was fired, Paulinho was dumped to the bench. He probably went to China because it was his only option but instead of not giving a fuck he actually improved there. His shot is much more powerful and precise. His first goal he had very little angle to score ball almost grazed the keepers' hand and if it was a bit more to the outside it wouldn't be a goal. It was also a bomb. He was always an athlete but it seems not playing 2games per week as we do in Brazil allowed him to train to gain more explosiveness. He's at his prime physically, no doubt about that.

On Messi's 3rd goal he rany from one box to another in a straight line and it was at the end of the game. His athleticism alone is making him way better than he ever was.

Great start, lets hope he can maintain this.

PS. I've said he'd work well with Messi, especially if the argentinian was placed as a fake #9. He can occupy the spaces that Messi creates with his movement and there is dangerous for any team.

you know i sympathize with his experience in tottenham
ever since Giovanni dos Santos was treated horribly there i lost respect for that club..

giovanni played his best football for mexico while being sideline for a full year because the dick Redknapp didn't like him.. that was the same year giovanni scored that beauty of a goal vs usa in the final lol

Yeh, Gomes warned paulinho after the signing saying it was the cemetery of Latin players. They are changing now, but Paulinho joined right at the time they were changing their mentality (club, fans, press, etc).

Zincubus

Banned
handling pressure as in when real madrid force 4-6 players in the midfield to cut off passing lanes and control the match i do not see paulinho overcoming that
he can do a cute pass over one midfielder to find messi but this is eibar, a big team wouldn't defend stupidly
yes he can score goals but in big matches we NEED to be in control or teams dominate us

You'd rather have Rakitic receiving the ball then passing it back to Pique who slides a great through ball forwards to Samedo , he lays it off to Rakitic and goes forward for the return pass but Rakitic again passes it backwards to Mascherano .... we were 5:1 up at this point ....

I'd have rather given Gomes the chance to rebuild his name and confidence ..

Nothanks

You'd rather have Rakitic receiving the ball then passing it back to Pique who slides a great through ball forwards to Samedo , he lays it off to Rakitic and goes forward for the return pass but Rakitic again passes it backwards to Mascherano .... we were 5:1 up at this point ....

I'd have rather given Gomes the chance to rebuild his name and confidence ..
Against a big team, yes I rather have rakitic pass the ball back to slow the play down and for us to have control of the match.
something as you point out rakitic does well at lol not long ball it and hope for a headed goal to only lose possession
nor have gomes lose it to not even transition back to defense.

Home of Barca Fans