Paulinho

JamDav1982

Hes going to be a crowd favourite at this rate!

His eagerness to get forward is causing havoc and helping Messi with options and space.

Senador Romario

I wouldn't like to see him start vs a team like juve or real madrid because he would suck dick against their pressure but surely against these minnows he's great
and he'd be a great 70th minute sub for corners / crosses aka desperate times
He scored a
Hattrick against Uruguay in Montevideo..scored against Argentina etc..i think some of you need to learn about the players before posting.
If you say he's not a Barca styled player i agree, but claiming he cant handle the pressure is absurd.

Wick

Honestly really happy this is happening. Didn't expect this kind of impact. Not just the scoring and assisting but I saw some really nice passes from him. One to Deulofeu was particularly juicy. And his ability to win the ball back and work rate are great.

Paulinho is heating up, and while I still don't like the transfers fee, I'm glad he is at at Barca.

Nothanks

He scored a
Hattrick against Uruguay in Montevideo..scored against Argentina etc..i think some of you need to learn about the players before posting.
If you say he's not a Barca styled player i agree, but claiming he cant handle the pressure is absurd.

handling pressure as in when real madrid force 4-6 players in the midfield to cut off passing lanes and control the match i do not see paulinho overcoming that
he can do a cute pass over one midfielder to find messi but this is eibar, a big team wouldn't defend stupidly
yes he can score goals but in big matches we NEED to be in control or teams dominate us

I wouldn't like to see him start vs a team like juve or real madrid because he would suck dick against their pressure but surely against these minnows he's great
and he'd be a great 70th minute sub for corners / crosses aka desperate times

It's the other way around. He's much better against big teams than against small teams that play to get a 0-0. It has been this way in Corinthians, in the NT and even in China.

Paulinho is a vertical player, not a horizontal one. I kept saying throughout this thread that those criticizing the signing because Paulinho is not the typical barça midfielder and would not replicate tiki taka were 100% right. But if you need a guy to play D, be strong, create space and dish decisive assists and goals then he may shine. Him or anyone else having 1 goal and one assist against Alavés means very little, since Barcelona should get the 3 points every time. But eliminating from the game the opposing #10 from Juve/Bayern/City, etc., can be the thing that makes the difference but he almost always finds a way to score or assist in such matches.

His Corinthians' was the only team Neymar had difficult to shine in Brazil. Just one example. He dominated Riquelme in the Libertadores final, including stealing the ball and initiating the counterattack that gave his team the draw.

Football have 3 dimensions, defense, offense and the in-transition. Paulinho's impact offensively against small teams can be easily be replaced, but against big teams is where he shines because he impacts all 3 dimensions.

I just hope he stays doing well until the big matches come around so he can consolidate himself and people will then understand where his value lies.

clemente

We dont deserve him.
I couldn't believe when he 1-2'd with Messi, Messi himself looked surprised and happy, he is straight up better than pretty much all of our midfielders, and apparently we are an aerial threat now.

Força Barça

He comes in and just contributes all around. He's making decisive passes, assists and scores and the season has only begun. I can't wait to see how he develops with the other players as the season progresses. Very happy with his production thus far.

Home of Barca Fans