Paulinho

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Like Lucho approved Douglas and Vermaelen.

Or how Pep approved Gotze and Vidal at Bayern.

What about Ancelotti approving Bale at Real Madrid? Or Emery approving Ben Arfa?

:)

Cule4life

The Culest
Ok. Great insight.

tenor.gif

xXKonan

This Paulinho rumor is like a cockroach at this point. even if you blow up the house it will still comeback. :lol:

dinoucs

I think this Paulinho saga is the weirdest shit ever. Something really mysterious behind it, some signings outta nowhere?

RIZALDINHO

img_dmalia_20170712-000737_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_no_archivables_mddia_cas_ara_120717_001_1.jpg

Man this Paulinho stuff won't go away. MD is claiming Valverde approved of the transfer.

if barca have not signed paulinho by this friday then paulinho thing will go away because the chinese transfer window closes this friday after that barca can't sign him and his club won't have enough time to sign some to replace him so they are not going to sell him. we might only have to read about this paulinho joining us for two more days

Cule4life

The Culest
if barca have not signed paulinho by this friday then paulinho thing will go away because the chinese transfer window closes this friday after that barca can't sign him and his club won't have enough time to sign some to replace him so they are not going to sell him. we might only have to read about this paulinho joining us for two more days

Honestly i wont be fully relieved till Aug 31. Who knows they might sign him and hail it as victory that they signed him outside of China's transfer window.

God Serena

img_dmalia_20170712-000737_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_no_archivables_mddia_cas_ara_120717_001_1.jpg

Man this Paulinho stuff won't go away. MD is claiming Valverde approved of the transfer.

Everyone is either fretting about Paulinho or arguing with Jamdav (What else is new), but when I see this post all I can do is laugh at the top panel.

I'm very sorry.

xXKonan

I missed this gem earlier that was posted on MD.

Paulinho, The Arturo Vidal from Brazil.

-Tite does not mind bringing him from China to make this midfielder a fixture in the five-times national team

Having spent two seasons in a league with much more money than prestige like the Chinese, a failed experience in Tottenham and his almost 29 years have made José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior , better known as Paulinho , in the pim-pam-pum of The public and published opinion of Barcelona. As Barça's interest in his signing has transcended, his consensus is precisely the opposite of that generated by Marco Verratti , the Italian midfielder who, blessed by a legend as Xavi Hernandez , awakens a universal reaction of approval by Barça. Gather all the virtues that are supposed to the means of 'Barça level'. But Paulinho , in addition to all of the above, Is a permanent holder in the Brazilian team with 41 appearances, the national team with more World Cups in their showcases. Put another way, Paulinho may like it more or less, but we're not talking about 'one legs'.

In his international curriculum he is to have been chosen Bronze Ball in the Conduits Cup of 2013, tournament in which he scored two goals and in which he won the final to the Spain world champion. Paulinho was also part of the ideal team of the Confederations, as before in the ideal team of the Copa Libertadores 2012, in which he was chosen the best midfield player when playing for Corinthians, as well as a member of the 2012 Ideal Team of America .

Football is so capricious that the DNA that has already been attributed in the past to practically doomed players from the cradle to succeed at Barça, then did not. The most remembered example is that of Cesc Fabregas . On the other hand, there were others with zero pedigree and, a priori, fewer qualities fit in the Barça model, such as Touré Yaya or even Seydou Keita . Obviously, Paulinho is a player profile other than Verratt i. If the middle of the PSG represents the midfielder who shines in the position game, Paulinho is a player of course. The bet of Barça is to maintain his trident of more than a hundred goals a year with Messi , Luis Suárez and Neymar . In Brazil, Paulinho is one of the bodyguards of another referential attack trio, such as Neymar , Gabriel Jesus and Coutinho .

Tite , who coincided with Paulinho in the Corinthians champions of the Libertadores and the World Club , has not had complexes, even coming from the Chinese League where others work for him, give him a starting place in the team he aspires to achieve in The summer of 20118 his sixth World Cup. A hat trick in Montevideo to Uruguay (1-4) and a goal to Argentina (3-0) in the playoffs explains the faith that Tite has in him. For energy, Paulinho would be to Brazil what Arturo Vidal is to Chile, although in 'red' there are more players of that cut. By the way, Vidal is 30 years old.

In Paulinho emphasizes his physical work, your intuition to quickly retrieve the ball to reach the second move and the split ball has a good shot right and a remarkable aerial game, even more by smell than his 1.82 height. In a 4-3-3 could be inside right and in a 4-2-3-1 the midfielder who undertakes offensive adventures. In Brazil of Scolari , in the Confederations 2013, had behind the tactician Luiz Gustavo , whereas in the present one of Tite , Casemiro and Renato Augusto are habitual partners. The short space is not its forte, but in Brazil you do not play if you do not know. Go back try to go easy and in front is where you dare. Doubt is its pyramid passing through Europe,

Holder in 28 matches in the 2013-14 season, in which he scored six goals and gave two assists, did not enter through the eye of Mauricio Pochettino in the 2014-15 campaign, with only three starts and 17 times off the charts, Which eventually led to his transfer to Guangzhou for 14 million euros.

That exit through the back door crushed its prestige in the old continent, but not in America. Zico emphasized "the great importance he has for the game of Brazil" and J uan Román Riquelme once said of him that he was "Lampard in black". This is Paulinho too .

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...97057/paulinho-el-arturo-vidal-de-brasil.html

MD trying to hype the man up.

:bartomeu:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What's more sad is that it's taken this Paulinho saga for a good number of people to finally start realizing that something is going wrong. This is nothing but a final icing on the cake and yet some act like this is where it's starting to all go to shit.

RM's rise to a CL repeating team and Barca's fall from grace did not happen overnight, and these events shouldn't be news to anyone. Years of neglecting critical transfers and squad-rebuilding obligations were always going to take their toll. We've steadily built up and maintained an enormous amount of dead-wood in this squad while still boasting the highest wage bill around Europe. Arda, Vermaelen, Douglas, Gomes, etc. are just notable examples of a frankly huge laundry list of players that should never have been signed (some for outrageous sums given their value/ability). We may not have been that far below RM in terms of our actual position even this past season, but it's our perpetual downward trend for years plus their rise that means the gap is and has been increasing steadily. The treble was a one-off (after our only good transfer window in lord knows how long) and has blinded some Cules into thinking it's all been great. From 12/13 and beyond we've only had 1 good season. That's 1 out of 5, and every one of those subpar seasons is FAR more indicative of the direction we've been heading in under this board over the long term than the anomaly of the 14/15 treble. I'll even say that 15/16 wasn't a bad season but a semi-mediocre one. That's frankly nothing less than a shocking output given the club's resources and the golden ace in the hole they've had in Messi (not to mention Ney/Suarez/Iniesta). And we've only considered transfer failures here, not even mentioning the repetitive La Masia failures we've had or the shocking Tata appointment, or the fact that our supposedly 'din do nuffin' President Rosell is rotting in JAIL and still probably pulling the strings from behind. They've burned bridges with club legends like Pep, Alves, and Cruyff. Everything from the sporting aspect to the bureaucratic one has been burning down slowly but surely over the past years and this board is completely removed from everything that has ever made this club great. And yet some would say 'ok, now they're about to sign Paulinho so you can finally criticize them, otherwise you're a hysterical and ungrateful plastic fan'.

xXKonan

I just don't get it myself. What are these guys seeing with Paulinho that the rest of us arent? all I see to me is a standard Box to Box Midfielder who doesn't offer anything more than Roberto and Rakitic. and he isn't cut out for the top levels of football.

And also why focus so much on him? if they really wanted another Brazilian player why not the Likes of Fabinho? who's not only younger but he can effectively play as a B2B role and a Right back and he has proven himself to be one of the best Midfielders in europe last season.

Heck I would also take a punt on Fluminense's Wendel, who's only 19 years old but very talented B2B Midfielder than spending anything on Paulinho. I really don't like how all it took for us to be heavily interested in Paulinho is a run of decent form for the National team/China.

Home of Barca Fans