Paulinho

5ergio_Busquets

His footballing quality aside why was he in the opponent's penalty area so often when he is playing in a double pivot role and more importantly how doesn't Valverde notice this and remind him of his position? Incredible.

FCBfan22

His footballing quality aside why was he in the opponent's penalty area so often when he is playing in a double pivot role and more importantly how doesn't Valverde notice this and remind him of his position? Incredible.

Simple. Because Valverde rather appoints Iniesta to cover for him in the pivot role, than mess with his POWAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Valverde was saying Dembele need to remember his defensive responsibilities which is true, but somehow seem to ignore Paulinho roaming everywhere leaving others to cover his ass. Rewards him for it too.

God Serena

The saddest thing about this is, if Valverde's past actions are any indication, not only will Paulinho start against Atleti, but he'll also start the return leg against Chelsea, too.

raskolnikov

The saddest thing about this is, if Valverde's past actions are any indication, not only will Paulinho start against Atleti, but he'll also start the return leg against Chelsea, too.
Yes it will happen for sure. Valverde is too pussy to do otherwise. Paulinho needs to be subbed in to kill the game since we dont need to attack in both matches. However, its the exact same logic why he will start Paulinho.

BBZ8800

I am not saying that Paulinho should play against Chelsea, but what can you do in this moment?

Dembele was on a bench for a few matches and then played at home against naive Girona.
Today Dembele played 15 minutes and probably won't play against Am.

If he didn't play now, it would be crazy to play him against Chelsea.
If Dembele had played a few matches in a row, that would have been different.
But he hadn't play plus he is hot and cold.

Midfielders against Chelsea will be old Iniesta, Rakitic, Busi.
And Paulinho/Gomes/Vidal/Dembele.

We laughed at Raki a few months ago, but today with Busi, he is currently our best midfielder, from players available for a CL.

God Serena

I am not saying that Paulinho should play against Chelsea, but what can you do in this moment?

Dembele was on a bench for a few matches and then played at home against naive Girona.
Today Dembele played 15 minutes and probably won't play against Am.

If he didn't play now, it would be crazy to play him against Chelsea.
If Dembele had played a few matches in a row, that would have been different.
But he hadn't play plus he is hot and cold.

Midfielders against Chelsea will be old Iniesta, Rakitic, Busi.
And Paulinho/Gomes/Vidal/Dembele.

We laughed at Raki a few months ago, but today with Busi, he is currently our best midfielder, from players available for a CL.

Use a B team player. No, I don't mean Alena, or Nahuel, or any kid who might get first team minutes in this or next season. I mean find one of the B team's worst players. And then... pray they complete more than 16 passes. Boom.

FCBfan22

Use a B team player. No, I don't mean Alena, or Nahuel, or any kid who might get first team minutes in this or next season. I mean find one of the B team's worst players. And then... pray they complete more than 16 passes. Boom.

I got one for you. Rivera.

xXKonan

He's playing like a fan who was chosen from the stands to get a chance to play with the team. He has no positional disciplined, Can't pass, Can't defend, provides nothing in the build up.

The worst part is he can keep playing like this and still get a Free pass by Valverde for it, all because he scored some goals. for all the "Dembele needs to work on his defensive game" Valverde sure likes to play Paulinho despite not understanding a work of positioning on and off the ball.

Barcilliant

If Paulinho needs a rest, give it to him. If he's not playing well bench him.

He just looks lost out there and Valverde keeps playing him. He overlays Paulinho and underplayed all the new signings. Pure dumfuckery.

BarçaBarça

I will be so mad to see his face in the lineup. Merrits should mean something, and lately he has been incredible bad.

What is really sad, is that because of Semedos injury, the realistic replacement is Gomes :facepalm:

I really hope for Dembele to start against Chelsea, and both Iniesta and Coutinho against Atletico. But I don't have high Hopes after seeing the lineup yesterday (where everyone with +1 braincell knew that Suarez shouldn't start).

Jägermeister

The worst part is he can keep playing like this and still get a Free pass by Valverde for it, all because he scored some goals. for all the "Dembele needs to work on his defensive game" Valverde sure likes to play Paulinho despite not understanding a work of positioning on and off the ball.

True. This guy does not give us any security/stability at all. When we have the ball he always slowly moves forward until he is in Suarez´position leaving again just Busi and maybe Rakitic, depending on the lineup, in midfield to defend potential counters.

Windhook

Sadly he flopped. Ever since Coutinho arrived Paulinho seems to have lost his confidence, completely invisible last couple of performances.

serghei

He'll not flop is he is brought back to squad level player. Maybe overpriced, yes. But he can be a great squad player and he can score some goals when we need them.

The problem is that Valverde is in complete awe of him and sees him as the go to player in midfield. And that he is not. He is never a starter for any top 10 team. Wouldn't get near the starting midfield for Madrid, Atletico, PSG, City, Bayern, Liverpool, Tottenham :)lol:), Juventus, Chelsea and United. Maybe could have a chance for 1-2 of those teams. At best.

So, having a hard time figuring how the hell Valverde likes him so much, considering he is a non-factor for 2 months.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans